Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thankful Thursday





Good Afternoon Lovlies..............




And Welcome to Thankful Thursday




Hope you are having a great day, mine has been rainy
and overcast but good, just finished lunch and it it
2:30 in the afternoon, we were a bit late today
cause we just weren't hungry.
We meaning myself and hubby, he is working at home today.
He is able to do that every week on thurs.
and Friday. Has worked out very nicely I might add.




Anyway, on with what I am thankful for today.......


It is the "Peace of God"


There is nothing like His peace, and it can't be
bought with money or anything else, but it is an
invaluable gift from someone who loves us very much.



You see, I am a converted worrier, oh I can still
worry at times, but I have learned that I am much
better off turning things over to my Lord, because
most of them are things I can do nothing about anyway,
but pray..........course, prayer should be our first
and best course anyway.



I am learning more and more over the last years that
life really is more about surrendering things to Him.
Lord, help me to let my children go into your hands,
Father, my husband's health is in your hands, Jesus, please
take away my fear. Father, I know you will take care of
me, no matter what because I am your child.



Life is sometimes very tough, but we make it tougher
by not asking for divine help. Father is waiting to
hear from us and help us.


(Psalm 107:13 and 19) -Think he is trying to make a point?
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.


Sounds like a deal to me.



Then why does it take us so long to cry out to Him???
You got me??? Wish I had the answer to that one.




Maybe cause we think we can handle it, may be cause
we think he doesn't care, maybe we just don't trust him,
or maybe we think we don't deserve His help, or maybe
because we just plain don't think he can really help.




Whatever the reason, lets give Him a good ole fashioned
try, and see what the result is, maybe that will make
it easier the next time and the next.



He says in his word
"Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Psalm 34:8


And that sure sounds good to me!!


Hope it sounds good to you too!!



Have a great evening,




Love and Blessings,
Nellie

1 comment:

  1. That is neat that your husband can work at home a couple of days a week. My husband works 4 10 hr days so he is off on Mondays. I actually envy that and wish I can be home more too. But busy at work, and can't afford to stay home one day. It would mean working more hours the rest of the week and I am exhausted as it is.

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy Monday..............Free Greeting cards

                                                                                      Happy Monday Sweet Friends, Hope you are off to a grea...