Thursday, March 25, 2010

Welcome to Thankful Thursday - March 25, 2010



*
Hello Sweet Friends
*
Welcome to Thankful Thursday!
*
So how is your Thursday going???  Well,  I hope!
Hope the weather is glorious wherever you live,
and you are able to really be enjoying this Spring
Weather!
*
It's a beautiful day here and a pretty warm 80 degrees,
must get out there and sit in the sun some.  sounds
Wonderful since I am feeling a lil bit chilly.
*
 My hormones are all over the place these days,  one
 minute I am hot, another I am cold,  but I am definitely 
having more cold spells than hot these days,  which is a
 real praise for me because I used to have hellacious hot
 flashes where I truly thought I might combust one day!!  lol
*
So guess that would be my 
#1
thing I am truly thankful for cause it has been a
long time in coming!!  Too Long,  if you know what I 
mean!! lol  Am hoping the cold spells last once we get to
 those soaring summer temperatures.  lol
*
*
#2
I am thankful
 for these absolutely gorgeous hydrangeas hubby
 brought me yesterday, as an early birthday present.
They were just putting them out at Sam's when he was
there,  and he knows how much I love them.  I had 2
others that I tried to grow on the side of the house 
where there is filtered sunlight,  but I really think they
just do not like our soil around here, so he said he
thinks we should just put this one in a large pot,  and
see what happens.  Great Idea Honey!!
*
#3
I am thankful
that we had the opportunity to counsel a young couple
with marital problems last evening,  and hope we were
able to instill some hope in them.
*

*
#4
I am thankful
that this sweet young couple said they wanted their
marriage to make it very much,  and they were
willing to do whatever it takes,  Now that is good
material the Lord can work with!
Exciting to see what the Lord is gonna do with this,
and happy he is allowing us to be part of the process.
*
#5
I am thankful
for the encouragement that the Lord gives me
about soooooooo many things.  It just blesses
my heart with so much joy.
*
#6
I am thankful
that I didn't have anything I had to get done today,
because the week has been busy, and I feel rather
whipped, so it has been a leisurely morning and
I am so enjoying it.
*
*
#7
I am thankful
for this cute lil critter below,  he is so adorable.  
*
*
He was out in the Sweet gum tree in our front yard.
*
*
I love how he is holding his lil paws and has his
tail pulled in close.  These were both taken on
zoom from inside the house.  Thought they
came out pretty good for being taken thru
the window!  lol
*
#8
I am thankful
that I finally finished my Spring decorating and got
everything put away and most of the house cleaned,
so we can just enjoy it,  and we are!!
So nice to have the refreshing change inside as
well as outside.
*
#9
I am thankful
that I think I have figured out a way to make the 
paint in our bathroom and water closet work out,
if I can just find the right shower curtain,  with just
the right colors!!  I have found several that I like
and that could work,  but want to look more to
make sure.  Don't know about you but I like
to check all my options, cause there is nothing
that annoys me more than buying something
and then going to another store a week later,
and finding something else I love more.
*
#10
I am thankful
that hubby brought a shower curtain home.
He of course,  knew I was looking so he went to
 Target to see what they had and planned to
have it be one of my birthday gifts, but when he
saw  I brought 3 others home, and I wasn't too
crazy about any of them, he decided to show me
 the one he bought.  It has a chocolate brown 
background, with large circles in green, blue and tan,
 and I had actually seen it there before and liked it but
 thought it would be way too dark,  but actually I really
 liked it.  It is very striking,  however,  it is minus one of
 the colors I need , but am still thinking on it....
It is definitely a possibility,  but would then have to
 come up with another idea for a window dressing. 
 just need some time to look around and fritz with it
 some and I will find what I need and make up my
mind,  eventually, just have to be patient! 
 Good things come to those who wait on the Lord!
*

*
#11
I am thankful
and honored that the Duchess over at  rose tea cottage
mentioned me in her blog today,  and not only did she
mention me,  she directed folks to visit me, and because
of that I have made 3 new friends/followers.
Thank You for that Sweet gift to me!
*
You should visit her as well,  she has a delightful
blog full of grace and beauty.
click here
*
#12
I am thankful
for life itself!  Life is hard at times,  but life can also
be joyous, exciting, fun, enjoyable, blessed, and
full of the Wonder and Awe of God!
I believe he wants us to enjoy the lives that He has
given to us,  not just endure them!
*
I once heard a saying,  hope I get it right..........
*
Our lives are a gift from God
and what we do with our lives is our gift back to God!
*
And I just remembered another One!
#13
I am thankful
that Rosie, our grandaughter dog is fine.
On Sunday she was acting wierd and her
the whites of her eyes looked horrible,
like blood,  Dee was afraid she might have
had blood pressure problems or something
like a brain tumor or stroke,  cause it just happened
all of a sudden. So Dee had to take her to the vet
at Pet Smart cause that was the only place open, 
and they thought it was an allergy to something.
We were all talking and we were asking her
if she has sprayed hair spray or perfume or anything
 like that,  and she did remember spraying some
 room freshner not too long before this happened,
but she couldn't remember if Rosie was around
or not at the time, but we are thinking that could have 
been it,  so just in case be careful spraying stuff if you
 have a pet near by. She looked awfully scary I'll tell you,
 I was thinking a few broken blood vessels maybe, but ,
  it looked like pure blood in her eyes.  She is like our
 baby, she is such a sweet cuddly lovey lil dog,  so just
 had to include this on My list for sure cause it gave
us all a scare for sure.
*
Try to be a blessings to someone today
You want be sorry!
*
Thanks for coming by,
*
So...........What are you 
Thankful for today!!
*
Blessings and Hugs friends,
Nellie
*

7 comments:

  1. I know what you are talking about!
    #1. I Have been waking up in the night being hot! I thought it might be because I still have my quilt on the bed, but as soon as I take off the covers, I wake up freezing! The nice joys of aging, ha!
    #2. Those hydrangeas are really pretty! Believe it or not, I still have the beautiful bouquet of green, blue, red, & yellow flowers that my teacher friend gave me for my birthday!
    #3. It's amazing at the parents I can share an uplifting word to. Some have it really hard and it makes them feel good to have a word of praise said to them.
    #4. I'll pray for the LORD's blessing on you and those you are guiding in His Word.
    #5. Jeremiah 29:11 states God's guidance in our lives, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
    #6. I am thankful for rest! Tuesday I didn't get home until 7:00, last night it was 8:00! I haven't been on the go like this in a long time! I couldn't do that in too many days in a row, lol!
    #7. I am thankful the cold, cold has gone. Spring has sprung when our beautiful critters start showing up again. I was so excited to see my first hummingbird last week, what a buzzing hum he made!
    #8. I am thankful the LORD has blessed George. I came home to find he had just finished mowing my lawn and had cut down some of the dead growth from my trees. He said he is feeling better and wanted to get back to "exercising" some again.
    #9. I hope you can find "thee" curtain you want for your bathroom.
    #10. It never fails, when you go ahead and make a choice, you will find the perfect one you were waiting for. Ah...maybe you should go ahead and use the curtain Jim bought. Poof! Then your ideal curtain will be the next thing you see, ha!
    #11. I will visit your new follower as soon as I post your comment.
    #12. Life is always better when you can share with a friend. I will be meeting with my teacher friend (who retired 2 years ago) next week. I may soon be joining her happy bliss!
    #13. If Rosie's eye problem was a reaction to some kind of spray, it seems it would have happened before since Dee uses these sprays. I hope it isn't from stress. Do you think she could be stressed? I know sometimes she looks really distressed when Joey continues to challenge her.

    Have a great week. Until next Thursday, I'm thankful for Who holds the future and that He holds me in His Hand!
    Love you,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hydrangeas - absolutely my favorite flower! and yours are beautiful..such a sweet gift from your Hubbie:) Such a lovely list of thankful things - I am inspired by your attitude! Enjoy a beautiful tomorrow - ready for another weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers. and about the hot flashes...I hate them....and I feel for you.

    Thank you for a wonderful post.

    Hugs & Blessings
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious one I too am thankful for having met the Duchess. I am here from her blog and your today's post has inspired me.

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEAR LADY NELLIE,
    THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE VISITED YOUR LOVELY BLOG AND I FOUND OUT ABOUT YOU FROM MY PRECIOUS DUCHESS.
    I AM WISHING YOU A HAPPY PINK SATURDAY EVEN THOUGH YOUR POST IS FOR THANKFUL THURSDAY. I LOVE ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE THANKFUL FOR ESPECIALLY HELPING A COUPLE TRY TO SAVE THEIR MARRIAGE...THE devil hates THE FAMILY STRUCTURE AND ESPECIALLY THE BOUND OF A CHRISTIAN HUSBAN AND WIFE.
    I CAN TELL YOU ARE A WOMAN OF WISDOM.
    THERE IS A LADY I THINK YOU WOULD REALLY LIKE AND I LOVE AND ADORE HER AND THAT IS QUEENMOTHERMAMAW....SHE IS REALLY SPECIAL AND ALL ABOUT FAMILY AND HOME, LIKE YOU.
    I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU BETTER AND I JOINED TO FOLLOW YOUR BLOG.
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I FORGOT TO TELL YOU, THE HYDRANDEAS ARE BEAUTIFUL...I HAVE HAD PINK ONES I PLANTED AND THE NEXT YEAR THEY WERE BLUE...IT WAS THE PH OF THE SOIL WHICH YOU CAN CHANGE...I FORGOT WHAT IT IS YOU ADD BUT YOURS ARE BEAUTIFUL.
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure enjoyed our time together!! And the hydrangea is gorgeous!! Beautiful flowers for a beautiful lady!!

    Love you!
    Beck

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...