Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Welcome to White Wednesday


*

Good Morning Sweet Friends


*

And how are you this fine day????

*

I am doing well, we had a nice evening,

eating and reading, and trying to fix

something that went wrong with my

editor all of the sudden. Didn't get it

fixed so had to go back to the old one until

we can figure out what the problem is.

So will see how it goes.

*

Our dinner (My lowfat chicken casserole from

yesterday post) turned out pretty well, we

wound up using the low fat sour cream and diced

tomatoes on top, and we liked it quite well,

definitely think I would like it best without the

sage and thyme personally, which is why I left

it out of the recipe (but if you happen to like them,

then you might want to add it). I am gonna go

back over and tweak the recipe a bit today.

Think it could have used a bit more veggies too.

We ate roasted asparagus with it as well.

*

Since I am participating in White Wednesday

guess I had better get on with it!!

*

*

*

Someone has taken over my kitchen

this spring...................

*

*

It is........." Beauregard Coq"



*

*

*


*

He insist upon that name................

because he has delusions of grandeur.......

*

*

He says that he was the symbol of France

during the French Revolution and that

He was even on the National Flag!!

*

*

Also Beauregard was the name of a cartoon

Rooster at one time, and it also means handsome

He is a bit arrogant and full of himself too, what

can I say!!

and Coq means Rooster

in French, of course,

*

and He even says He is a perfect decorative

piece to have if you want a French Country

look!! Imagine That!!

*

*

Much to his chagrin, I just call him

" Beau Roostair", think that sounds better

and a lil more French, don't you!!

*



Well, and if that isn't bad enough He also

brought along his twin country cousins.

*


*

This would be Roo

*




*

and you guessed it, this would be Ster!!

So original, right????

*


*


And we all know that all families have

some colorful characters or relatives,

so Beauregard brought them along too!

*

Then he brought this lil runt of the

family along too, guess he has to

try and show off to get attention

since he climbed......

*




*

up on top of a weathervane.

*

*

Here is a better close up of the puny guy.

*



*

His name is "Doodle do"



*


He said his greatest desire

is to be on top of a church steeple.

*

Talk about delusions of grandeur!!

*

I heard Beau talking to them all

the other day saying aren't you glad

we are all Roosters and not hens!!
*
And Roo said, Why?? hens get treated
pretty well,
and Beau said, yea, but looooooookkkkk...........
*


*

at the size of that platter!!!!

*

Never seen a Rooster on one of those,

but sure have seen some Hens!!

Poor things!!

*

Hope you enjoyed my lil Rooster Fun Story.

*

Thanks for dropping by.........

*

Make sure to go over to Kathleen's at
Fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com
and see all the other fun and unique
White Wednesday Posts.

*

Have a Beautiful White Wednesday!!

*

Blessings n' Hugs Galore,

Nellie

11 comments:

  1. love all your roo's! that casserole sounded delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my friend, Love all the roosters-so very french. Read Beck's blog today so got the latest news but haven't talked her yet-giving her space. I'm praising God that He is in control of our lives. I'm thankful for you today too Nellie.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rooster doodle doo! The picture from your countertop is excellent! Nice depth shown through your den and dining rooms! It's a shame I can't add a picture to this comment. I have something white that would look just nice! Great post, Nellie!
    Love ya,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your roosters.

    I can't wait to try your chicken casserole. sounds yummy.

    Blessings
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really enjoyed your roosters. The cassarole sounds yummy.
    Thank you so much for visiting my place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nellie, I wish I had known you like Roosters...I must have given at least 20 of them away from my warehouse. But I will take a photo of the one I kept. I think you will be surprised!

    Thanks for the e-mail today. I hope your evening went well.

    Love, B

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely delightful! full of charm! That 1st rooster is beautiful and that puny guy is cute as can be! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place when you get a moment. I have become a follower and would be honored if you choose to the same! until later...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny, love Roo and Ster!
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yea baby~~ roosters Galore. I'm lovin' it for sure.. That was so much fun seeing all your photos and reading too. I enjoyed my visit bunches, but then I always do..
    You have such a bright and shiny spirit, Nellie.

    hugs
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie