Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Monday!!



Happy Monday Sweet Friends,

Hope you had a nice weekend!!

Ours was mostly good I'd say,  Friday I did cooking for
 our upcoming Celebration yesterday,  and Sat. was my
 Sister's Memorial Service, (it was about an hr or so away
from where we live),  so the service was at 11a.m., then
we got home late afternoon, rested awhile then, it was on
to getting the table set and the house straightened  up, and
exercising while watching movies, then Sunday was church
 and  Scott's Birthday Celebration, 
 and we also Celebrated our 40th Anniversary!

The Memorial Service was really as good as any Memorial
Service can be!!  It was in a small church in a small town I had
 only heard about, never been there, but it was very quaint and  
was a packed house. I was so proud of my neice (who had
 written a letter to her Mom, which her hubby read, and he
did a wonderful job, hard for him tho,  and my 2 nephews,
one was her son,  the other nephew was my other sisters
son.  He grew up being at her house all the time as a kid.
They all did a great job as hard as it was!!  and I know
 if she could see them she would have been smiling!!

Her hubby did amazingly well......,  holding on to
the Lord will all his might!!  God Bless Him!
He is a really good  christian man, and he so stood by
 her thru all these years with her cancer and treatments.

It was really good to be able to see the whole family
again,  just wish it had been under better circumstances.
Maybe next time!!

Sunday was very nice day,  and a nice diversion from the
events of the week.  Scott and Megan arrived around 2:30,
 then Dee and her boyfriend  and Jim's sister came later.
We all had a nice dinner of cuban food (Ropa Veija, yellow
 rice and black beans with a salad and rolls that remind us
of cuban bread when we lived in the keys).
We also played a game called 20 questions,  had  Scott's
birthday dessert  (banana pudding made with Nutter
Butter cookies,  his sissy made for him) and
everyone left by 8:30 or so,  mainly cause Scott had to
get up really early for work! (He has to drive 3 hrs.
  to meet a co-worker who is training him.just for today)
We had a lovely and fun day tho........and we didn't mind
 it ended so early cause we were pooped!!  lol

Want to show you what I found for $2.oo at Home
Goods a few weeks ago. 

Some of you might remember that I told you
hubby and I found this neat plate,  that we use
for special occasions,  and we call it our queen
or King for a day plate,  and whoevers special
day it is gets there dessert on this plate.
My guys are secure in their manhood!!  
They have to be living with me, and all 
my fru fru!!  lol



Well,  here is what we found to go with it..................
We never knew it even existed..............
we just happened on to it!!

Isn't it cute!!
But.........what is it you say???


It is an all purpose candleholder
to match our dessert plate!!
At least that is my purpose for it!!

Doesn't it leave a lovely glow!!
So royal and stately!!

Course, you can only see that in the dark!!  lol

Meant to take a pic of it on top of his dessert,
it looked really cute,  you'll have to take my
word of it!!

We usually only put one candle anyway,  cause
we are all old enough to set the house on fire
if we used the appropriate amount of candles!!  lol

So this was the perfect solution,  cause I always
have tea light candles but not necessarily birthday
candles, and I tend to forget to get them!!
Anybody else have that problem???  lol

AND.....  I realized it is just another way to
 simplify life!!  No more last minute trips to the store
 for Birthday candles!!  yeah!!

Well,  folks..........that's life in our world.............

Thanks for stopping by............
love hearing from ya!!

Hope you had a Mellow Monday to sort
of ease yourself back into the week!!

Blessings and Hugs,
Nellie

Oh Yea,  almost forgot again!!

For those participating in the 140 days of prayer,
this is week # 19 and our scripture reading is
in Psalm 117,  We are to pray for World
Wide Revival. 

Just one more week to go................
Stay the course!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It is hard to lose a sister. Mine has been gone almost three years now and so much of it feels like yesterday!

    How fun to find that beautiful crown. It looks too big to be a napkin ring so I bet you're right...it's supposed to be a candle holder!

    Your cuban food sounds delicious.

    That is one of my favorite cuisines.

    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie

    It sounds like your stepsister was a wonderful person. I do like when families write letters and they are read.

    Sounds like you had a great time with your family. I have never tried Cuban food so I am not sure if I would like it. I am just getting now to like spicy foods.

    Congratulations on 40 years. What a great example you are to so many people. Thanks for the the marriage tips. We have been married for 31 years and I am so proud of that.

    I love the treasure that you found. You are so crafty my friend and have a good heart.

    Have a nice day!
    Blessings & Hugs
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute crown - and how perfect with your plate! Glad you enjoyed some good celebrations after you draining week. And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Hope your day was super sticky sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your step-sister! And you're so right, she received her miracle! Your birthday celebration sounds really good. And I love the way the candle shines through the crown, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that King/Queen plate! What a nice way to make someone feel special.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...