Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thankful Thursday - February 26, 2015, and Winter Coffee Table


Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts,
 since as members of one body you were
 called to peace. And be thankful.
Colossian 3:15


Warm Greetings Sweet Friends,

Hope this finds you well and happy,
and a bit warmer......

I am well and happy and a bit warmer,
not sure I am quite ready for the warmer
part yet, but then I haven't been going 
thru what most of you have either!

It was neat to see some Ibis birds in
our yard yesterday, our lil darling really
got a kick out of watching them out
the window, as did I, too........
along with some squirrels scurrying
about and playing.......all signs that
Winter is coming to an end.......
Know that must be a wonderful
thought to most of you!!

Told you on Tuesday I would show
you more of my winter Living room,
today is the coffee table. Hope you
enjoy the pictures.


Well, guess I had best get on with
 my post............





I am thankful.....

#1
that we got both our vehicles serviced, washed
 and also got new tires on the van on Sat.
Just always such a good feeling to have those
 sort of things taken care of..........





#2
for the dealership we go to and our service rep. 
we have there, he is such an honest and helpful
gentleman, and everyone there is just
 so friendly and helpful.




#3
for the really fun time we had over at Scott
 and Megans on Sat. celebrating Susan's birthday,
Scott made lasagna and it was really good......
 course, the whole dinner was great, and they
 even sent us home with some Lasagna. Yum!! 
 They are really becoming great hostesses, I
 have to say.

#4
that we got to see some dear friends at church
 on Sunday that are visiting from up north, actually
He and his wife were our last Pastorate family,
 and they are gonna be here till the end of March,
so can't wait to get together with them.  Tried
for tomorrow night but they are gonna be gone
for the weekend, so hoping for next week.






#5
that I have taken care of gift ideas, and figured out what
 to do for all the birthdays coming up in the next 2 weeks.
  Susan, then our lil darling turns yrs. old,  then hubby
 has his birthday a few days later. A busy few weeks
for us........but......a good busy.





#6
that I got my front porch sealed on  Monday afternoon.
but still have the walkway to do, but I am so glad I
 didn't do it earlier in the day, as they delivered a big
package and that might have been a problem for me, 
since hubby wasn't home. Since the porch wasn't wet
 I was able to just push it in the door and into the
 living room. Otherwise, it might have had to sit out
in the yard till hubby got home.

 And what was in that big box,  you say???

Not Telling!!  lol


With cut out affect


#7 
that I happened on a bench I really loved...
 I love benches and have wanted one for my dining room
 for a long while now, but just never found anything I
 really loved until now.....and it was on sale.
My birthday is coming up and I told hubby I just found
 my birthday present online and showed it to him, and
 he said order it, so since I am such an obedient wife
  I did just that very quickly !!  lol

Hence the big box that came today....
Couldn't believe it got here so fast, just ordered it
 last Friday and today is Monday, so Target is quick!
and we got a great deal plus free shipping using our
Target red card. That thing has really come in handy
I have to say, we always get free shipping and 5% off,
 and this time it had a handling fee as well, and that 
was free too. Our total savings with everything was 
$69.00, so we were thrilled.


#8
So I am thankful for my Target Red card !!





#9
that I have figured out what I am doing for hubby's
 Birthday table this morning. (Tuesday) 
So happy to know that as it is a bit harder coming
 up with tables for the guys. Not celebrating till
March 8th,  but nice to have that figured out
ahead of time.






#10
for an amazing movie that is based on a true story. 
We watched it last night (Wed), it is called
 "The little Red Wagon". 
When we read about it, we thought it was neat that
 it happened in Florida and it started  because of
 Hurricane charley, which we went through as well.
If you want to be inspired this is your movie..........
It is amazing what this 8 yr. old boy inspired and 
did with the help of his Mom and sister
Great movie,  Highly recommend it.....





Love how the sunshine streams in.....



#11
that Scott, Megan and Brooklyn are going up to 
visit Dee and Jerry, as she has really been missing 
everyone so much. So should be a great time for
 all of them.  




#12
 I am thankful for you too, Sweet Friends, as it
 is nice to know someone reads and enjoys my
 posts, and also thankful for the way you all
 impact inspire, teach, excite, and bless my life
 as well. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.....


So happy you could drop by for a
visit today, always nice to know
you came by.

Sharing over at:

Ivey and Elephants with
Paula and Patti


The Style Sister with Karin

A Delightsome Life with Kathy

Shabby Art Boutique with Kerryanne

Simple Nature Decor with Maria

Dwellings with Cindy



Hope you have a Fantastic Friday
and weekend with your family/
and or friends.

Love, Hugs,
and Blessings Galore,

Nellie






Next week I will show you the rest 
of my Winter Living Room.

If you happened to miss the first
 part just click here if you would
 like to see, or just scroll down.

Take Care!



2 comments:

  1. #1. I know what you mean. I've got to make an appointment for the truck's 70,000 mile check.
    #2. That is the same with me. They all are so friendly and you know it's not a "put on."
    #3. I so enjoyed my time with everyone. Scott is a great cook! I'm glad i got some to take home too! The baby was so open to me (since she hadn't seen me in awhile.) They are great hostesses because they have learned it from you!
    #4. I was so happy when they came over to me at Sunday School time. It is so good to see them. I wish they could stay longer.
    #5. Yours is in a few weeks too!
    #6. Tell me, tell me! What is in the box!
    #7. I can hardly wait to see it!
    #8. Soon people will be on-line shopping and not needing to go out at all!
    #9. Your tablescapes are so appreciated by all! You take so much time to personalize them!
    #10. I shall add it to my Netflix list!
    #11. Thank the LORD for their safe journey!
    #12. And, I get an extra bonus. I get to be with you too!
    I love you all, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nellie

    Beautiful white post.....I can't believe your granddaughter is already going to be 2. I pop in now and then to see your granddaughter. What a doll she is.
    Our winter here has been mild. No snow and warmer than normal weather.
    Hope you are well!

    Blessings & Love
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie