Tuesday, October 13, 2015

NO $$$ Guest Bedroom redo Part 1







Evening Sweet Friends,

So how has life been treating you
 this week?  Well, I hope.

Been a bit busy here the last few days.
Had a Drs. appt. this morning fairly early
and broke my neck trying to get there on
time, only to wait an hour before I even
got taken in, and then was in there about
another hour......then did some a lil 
shopping at Target, grabbed some Taco 
Bell to reward myself for doing what
I don't like to do, (go to the Drs. lol)
 and headed for home.
Yesterday I did some painting outside
that I have been wanting to do every
since they did the painting on our 
house in the Spring, but it was just
too hot...........so felt good to be out
there again in the cool of the morning
and painted the trim around our front
door, and did some painting on the side 
of the house where they drilled and 
installed wiring for our new internet
service a few months ago. So it looks
much nicer now...........love when I
get things done that have been nagging
and bugging me for awhile.....lol

Well, I redid my guest bedroom a few
months ago after I did our Master
bedroom with a coastal look,  and got
to showing you Fall pics, so never got
around to showing it to you yet, but saw
 that Marty over @ A Stroll Thru Life, was
having a linky party that was a No spend,
purge and something else linky party,
so thought my No $$ spent guest room
redo was a perfect fit.  It is sort of a
Spring/Fall look, I'd say!   lol

So here we go!





First thing I did was change out the comforter 
from a coastal looking stripe to this solid avocado
 green.  Then added pillows that look a bit more
 fallish,  and an old throw I had forgotten
about that was hanging in my tablecloth closet.
The old look if you would like to see it.





Since I had this cute lil blue bird on my
 metal wall hanging above the bed,  and I 
wanted to make the pillows look less plain
 jane,  but didn't want to spend on
 pillows......




I remembered this cute pic of a lil birdie
I had,  so typed the words "A soft place
to land", since it was going on the bed,
and just pinned it to the pillow.  Sorry
the pic is a bit blurry. Isn't he cute!!




With the morning light streaming in.
Next I changed the pictures on the wall.
Just moved most of the art work around
to different spots.









Decided to add a bow to the brown
 pillow to perk it up a little bit.


With a posterized affect




I am going around the room
 counter clockwise. So this is what 
comes next.  That white carving
on the wall was where the 2 leaf
 pictures are now.


Decided to put the tray on the chair this
 time rather than on the bed.



Next is the entertainment center. 
 I really like the look of the lamp
 in there.



Top of the entertainment center.............


Gotta love candlelight


This daisy picture was where the
 white wood carving is now.






Well, there you have it folks........

Not a penney spent........  just things 
moved around in the room,and some
 things moved over from the redone
 Master Bedroom


Will show you part 2 on Thursday.


Glad you could pop in,  and hope
 you will take the time to
say hello...........





Have a Great Rest of the Week!

Love, Hugs, and
Thrifty Blessings,

Nellie


If you would like to see part 2
Just Click Here



Sharing over at:

A Stroll Thru Life with Marty


Dwellings with Cindy


Stone Gable with Yvonne and Friends


Ivey and Elephants with Patti and Paula


StarFish Cottage with Kristy and Friends

Shabby Art Boutique with Kerryanne


Walking on Sunshine Recipes with Lois and Friends

Craftberry Bush with Lucy and Friends


No Spend, clean and purge October with Marty


Life with Lorelai with Lorelai and Friends


Designthusiasm with Lory and Friends

My Flagstaff Home with Jennifer
(I was featured here this week, a very nice surprise!)

The Dedicated House with Kathyrn

9 comments:

  1. Nellie what a gorgeous makeover. And no spend! That's so clever to put the lamp in the entertainment center. I'll be using that idea for sure. I love the soothing colours too. So soft and comforting. Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, this is just what I love to do, "shop" my house and move things around. Love your warm, welcoming yet soothing color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nellie, this is such an absolutely gorgeous and brilliant makeover! It looks so comfortable, heartwarming and soothing! Wow! I love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty and inviting room. Love it and thanks for joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is so pretty. This is a beautiful guest room. Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your guests are going to feel very welcomed and appreciated. Isn't that the way we want them to feel? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with the entertainment unit. So many people are getting rid of this older style rather than being more creative. You did a great job on your guest bedroom without the extra $$$.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nellie

    You are such an inspiration. I love the colors, everything looks so clean and fresh.

    Blessings & Love Janet

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Scripture Sunday

  Have a Lovely Spring Day! Hugs, Nellie