Thursday, September 5, 2024

Thankful Thursday, September 5, 2024, and images of all things orange


The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise him.

Psalm 28:7 NIV


Greeting Sweet Friends,

Gee, I got up and got busy with my Fall decorating and completely forgot today was Thankful Thursday,  so just now realizing...........lol  It's was all ready too, other than this greeting I am writing now.  Anywho,  Hope you all have had

a great week, and that you will have an 

even better week-end.




Since it isn't officially Fall yet,  I decided to do images of all things that are Orange, to warm you up for the Fall colors and decorating if you haven't been inspired yet!!  lol



So on with my Thankfuls......




#1

Thankful for a few cute Fall things I found at Dollar tree.  Helps to get me inspired.


#2

Thankful for dinner out and an opportunity

to help someone and also to pray for our

servers Grandmother who was going into

rehab, at a place we have experienced in

the past.  Her Granddaughter said she

felt so much better about the rehab after

talking with us, and said, yall were meant

to be here tonight, cause I really needed

to hear this.... Love that!!




#3

Thankful for how the Lord takes care of

his children by orchestrating situations.

We would have never had the conversation

with our server in #2, had it not been

for needing to help the man at the table

across from us,  because he had just

gotten out of rehab, and was so weak

he had trouble getting up. Hence why

she told us about her Grandmother.


#4

Thankful for a good Friday school day

with lil darling.  She is working very hard to

 get her work done as her other Grandmother

 is picking her up earlier today than normal.




#5

Thankful to be packing up my Spring/ Summer

decor and starting my Fall decorating.


#6

Thankful that God gave us different Seasons to enjoy. Even tho I doubt we will get any Fall weather before the end of October, and it's

 pretty short lived.  We still get to enjoy the changesin Home decor, and food.  Just nice having lil changes in life at times.




#7

Thankful for a lovely day at church, then getting to go out to lunch with our friends and their Son, A fun time with good food, good fellowship!


#8

Thankful that I found my purse.....after we left our friends on Sunday and were on the way home, and after about 10 mins. I realized I didn't have my purse.  So we headed back to Olive Garden to check, cause I wasn't sure if I left it there, or in the ladies restroom at church.  Thankfully, it was still hanging on the back of the chair at the restaurant and no one had been seated there yet,  so just walked right in and got it. Checked and nothing was missing.  Altho, we will be checking our credit card status daily for a few weeks, just in case, someone just got the number of our credit card, but really think they didn't.




#9

Thankful they had all my fav frozen yogurt

flavors this week.......as lately they have them,

but they haven't frozen yet, so they are like

water, and not  appetizing to say the least.


#10

Thankful to be working in my closet again.

Am working on photographs of memories

with our family over many many years.

Have one box done, 2 more to go,  but have

to wait till next week when hubbies surgery

has been a month.  He is not supposed to 

life anything heavy until then, and they are 

heavy boxes.



#11

Thankful for a good day schooling with lil

darling even tho it was labor day,  they had

the normal amount of work, and she wasn't

thrilled about it,  but she worked hard and

got in done.  They will be off for a week the

end of the month so I expect that was 

probably the reason.


#12

Thankful for a joy filled and rejuvenating

experience of just sitting with my feet

propped up... in our living room while

listening and singing to music on my fav

christian radio station Z88.3, as I perused 

old Fall magazines.  Just love the songs,

the colors of Fall and the pretty pictures, 

and the promise of all that God will bring

 to us this season of the year. Fun to 

look forward to................ 




Well, that's all for today folks,


Have an bright and cheerful rest of the week

and

Glad you stopped by for a visit,


Love, Hugs, and 

First of September Blessings,

Nellie


Sharing with:

Between Naps on the Porch

Shabby Art Boutique

April J Harris






1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed seeing all of your Orange.... We all have so much to be thankful for...we need only to stop and make ourselves aware of the many Blessings for which we take for granted so often. Thank you for this post and the reminder to speak our gratefulness.

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Scripture Sunday - And we know that in all things

  Happy Sunday Morning to you! Have a Lovely Day! Hugs, Nellie Sharing with: Shabby Art Boutique