Thursday, February 16, 2012

welcome to Thankful Thursday - February 16, 2012



Hello Sweet Friends,

So how are ya???  Seems like ages
 since we have visited.  

Haven't been blogging this week, as I threw my back
 out again, and sitting at the computer just seems to
 make it worse.


So
#1
I am thankful
that my back is better and I am getting around more
normally, so  just about there I think...............
Nothing like being down with anything physical to
make you so appreciate when you are normal and
have the freedom to do whatever!!  

#2



I am thankful
again for that lil devotional book I have told you
about before "Jesus Calling",  even tho we read
it last year,  I decided to go thru it again and 
journal as I go thru it.  It is amazing some of the
areas that we can trust the Lord in that you just
never think about,  and she really makes you
think about it.  which is great!!

and it kept me occupied during my non 
blogging days.....................



Not much exciting happened around here this
week since I was a slow moving vehicle, but
Valentine's Day was definitely the
 highlight of my week.

#3
I am thankful
for another Wonderful Valentine's evening with my
 hubby, this was our 42nd Valentines day together.
  I usually make us a nice dinner, because the restaurants
 are crazy around here, not just from Valentine's day, but 
usually there is something going at Daytona Speedway,
 which also greatly affects the Orlando area as well,  since
 many people stay in hotels over here and of course, eat in
all the restaurants,  so we are not into the long wait/crowded
 restaurant thing, so we enjoy staying home and eating out
 another evening. This year since I decided to do a lunch for
 my SIL, we got take out from Olive Garden.  At the last
 minute I decided the weather was so nice we should sit 
on the porch, so I set a pretty table out there with lots of 
red candles,  and ate by candlelight, and had sparkling
 cider (we had leftover from the wedding reception)  then
 we watched "You've Got Mail" our fav Valentine's day
 movie, and had a strawberry cheesecake type dessert
 hubby found at Sams. 
 So it all made for a great evening.!!


#4



I am thankful
for a very niceValentines Lunch and afternoon with 
my sweet Sister in Law Susan too,  we had a lot of fun 
eating, chatting and catching up.  




#5
I am thankful
for a longtime friend that just moved back to our
area.  It has been years since I have seen her,  we
 lost touch somehow, guess when she moved away,
 but it is like we are picking up where we left off.


#6
I am thankful
my Dee is coming over this afternoon to do my hair 
and visit,  I so look forward to it, as always, and of 
course, she is bringing my lil grandaughter dog,
 Rosie.  lol  She was here and we had a wonderful
 time catching up, but the time went like a snap! 
My hair looks good again, and  She and Jerry 
are doing so well, and are so happy.


Actually her visit was the other highlight of the
week.................................



#7
I am thankful
for a new food I have always wanted to try
but it was always so expensive I didn't want
to buy it, not knowing if I would like it or not,
but happened to find some on sale at Target
so grabbed it,  it is "Almond Butter",  and it
is delicious,  and it goes perfect with some
gluten free crackers we buy called"Multi-
grain crackers" and they are made by
a Co. called Crunchmaster, just in case
you want to try it out.

#8
I am thankful
for another movie we watched last weekend
Called "Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont,  it was
a very good movie,  very heartwarming and
touching about a Grandmother and a young
man who met and became friends.
Lovely really.................








#9
I am thankful
for the lovely cards and flowers I received  from my hubby
 and SIL for Valentine' Day.  They know how much I
love live flowers.  They are Chrysanthemums and
Azaleas.




#10
I am thankful
to see how Rick Santorum has come up in the
polls,  amazing!  He does seem to be a man
who walks the talk,  which is very refreshing.







#11
I am thankful
that it has been a restful week, albeit,  sometimes
a bit boring too!  lol   Guess my energizer bunny
week, last week, did me in.......................




#12
I am thankful
for Christian books that teach us so much, 
and also bring much encouragement and help
to so many.   such a blessing!








Well, that's my list for this week,


Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's 
Day and week.....................


Thanks for dropping in, Love to 
hear from you!!


Blessings Galore,
Nellie

10 comments:

  1. What beautiful flowers! Happy to hear your back has improved...You sound busy, surrounded by friends and family, and joyful in spirit. That's a good way to BE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special, 42 Valentine's Days together...wonderful! Sure hope your back get better Nellie! Love your blog design, so full of hearts...nice!
    Take care Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I forgot to say your blooms are beautiful!!! Great photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie

    I am praying that your back is improved.

    Your flowers are beautiful and your surprise to Susan what so wonderful and thoughtful. I love to see that you both enjoy each others company.

    Thanks for tip on good food and movies to watch.

    We are still using our Jesus calling book too this year. I can see myself using it for years. Recently our Pastor introduced this book in Church and many people are not reading it everyday day.

    Hope you have a great weekend, get rest and feel better.

    Blessings & Love
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1. I thank the LORD you are feeling better! Sometimes I think it would be better if there was some way we could look straight across at our computer screens so we don't have to have our head tilted for long periods of time.
    #2. Thank you, Nellie for giving me a copy of, "Jesus Calling." It is apart of my daily devotion along with my Bible reading, Daily Bread, and Stanley's daily devotional.
    #3. What a wonderful day for husbands and wives.
    #4. I so thank you for your sweet Valentine Day invite, I made it my blog!
    #5. I pray it's like she never left!
    #6. It reminds me how happy we were when you, Jim, and Rookie came to visit us when we were in Key West!!
    #7. I love the crackers. I can hardly wait to try the almond butter. I like the almond milk.
    #8. I'm so glad there are still movies that are enjoyable and decent. I think I remember mom and dad saying the same thing when we were kids, ha!
    #9. I am so glad to see such beautiful flowers when I come to visit you. I have great difficulty keeping outside plants. One rose bush is still "hanging on" even though it was planted in front before mom passed onto heaven.
    #10. I know the LORD will have who He wants to be in office for His WORD teaches that no one is in power but who He allows to be. I pray GOD's guidance on America.
    #11. Tell the "Energizer Bunny" to take it easy, lol!
    #12. Oh, don't you know it. I have read 3 books (and have 2 more) that emphasizes GOD's Love for His animal kingdom.
    Have a great weekend! Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie,
    I hope you're feeling better now.
    So glad I stopped by for a visit. You are in my prayers.
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mary,
    I tried to come and find your blog
    but it said they couldn't display
    your blogger profile, but thanks for your prayers, and if you see this let me know the name and address of your blog so I can stop by for a visit.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post!

    Good to hear your back is feeling better.

    Thanks so much for visiting the Back Porch during J's hospital stay. We both
    appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry your back has been bothering you. As one who has previously had back problems (which required surgery), I know how painful and debilitating they can be.

    I'm glad you had a lovely Valentine's week. I did too, though it wasn't so much Valentine's Day as Gabrielle's birthday (the 13th) and Gary's and my anniversary (the 15th). It was definitely a week of celebrating.

    I, too, am a Rick Santorum supporter. He was actually here in Boise last Tuesday night (Valentine's Day). I really wanted to attend the rally, but it was at 7:00, and it was cold and dark, with a chance of snow forecasted, so I didn't feel like driving across town.

    Oh, I'm looking at going to Florida April 3rd and will stay through Easter. I will do DAC one of those Sundays (Palm Sunday), because I really want to spend Easter with my in-laws. I want to head over Deltona way late that week and stay through the weekend, so I hope you and I will be able to spend some time together.

    Have a lovely Sunday.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi lovely,

    What a lovely post! Your 42nd Valentine's together? Wow! That's incredible. Congratulations!! I look forward to our 42nd!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie