Monday, June 14, 2021

Scripture Sunday




Happy Sunday Monday

Sweet Friends,

Sorry I am a late........been a busy week. lol

I was struck by these scriptures once again as we

 read them in our quiet time this week.

So really felt to share them and expound on them

just a bit because today we hear a lot about Love

or the lack thereof these days.

I think a lot of people in our world are mislead

about what Love really is and tend to think it

is just a bunch of zingy feelings or about being happy

 all the time, or that it is just feeling loving about

 someone, although there is nothing wrong with any 

of that,  but we can't live by our feelings because

 our feelings change all the time.  Love is really an

 action word.  We are suppose to show people our

 love by the things God says in this passage of

 scripture, and of course, there are other ways as well.

  but I am just gonna talk right now, about this one

 passage of scripture.

In our house we believe that Love is a choice each

 and every day.  We can choose to Love.

I love that God's word is pretty clear about what 

Love is and what it isn't. 

So according to 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 NIV

It says:

Love is patient

Love is Kind

Love does not envy

Love does not boast

Love is not proud.

Love does not dishonor others

Love is not Self-seeking

Love is not easily angered

Love keeps no record of wrongs

Love does not delight in evil

Love rejoices with the truth

Love always protects

Love always trusts,

Love always hopes

Love always perseveres

Love never fails

 

I broke it down the way I did because I was doing

this scripture for someone's wedding a few years ago 

and I had to break it down into sentences like that,  

and it really made such an impact on me, and thought 

it might for you as well.


Now am I telling you I do this perfectly, of course 

not,  but I have certainly improved over the years,

 and would I like to do it perfectly...absolutely.....

Cause there is nothing that shows the Love of God

more than loving others. I think we will be in the

process of learning to love until we go home to be

with the Lord...but I find it a good thing, to at

least to know what it looks like from God's 

perspective. as it helps move us more toward

the goal of loving God and our families, friends,

 and others more.


 Hope you had a Sweet Sunday and

Today is a  Merry Monday!


Hugs,

Nellie



Sharing with:

                                                                   A Stroll thru Life 

                                                              Shabby Art Boutique

 Bloggers Pit Stop

Karins Kottage

Grammys Grid

April J Harris

Create with Joy

3 comments:

  1. Love is progressive. The word JOY emphasizes this. J-Jesus first O-Others next, Y-Yourself last. Praise our Almighty Savior GOD for His constant Love to us! Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, very creative :)

    https://www.clairejustineoxox.com/yummy-cocktails/

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie