Friday, August 20, 2021

Thankful Thursday August 19, 2021, Flowers for you!


“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

Luke 12:27 NIV





Greetings Sweet Friends,

How's yall?  Doing well I hope.


It has been quite a week.....with all the crazy stuff going on in our world and community,  heartbreaking stuff.  If it weren't for God's word and prayers we would surely be in the pit of despair,  but God, we definitely have to keep our eyes on Him for sure.


Pictures today are of flowers,  they always cheer me up, so hope they will do the same for you. My Thanks to "Unsplash" for the free pictures.






So on with my Thankfuls............



#1

Thankful for the scripture verses and the funny things that others put on face book that make me laugh. The scriptures are a comfort and laughter is good for the soul.


#2

Thankful for a special guest musician that joined in with our music team this week, he played the Saxophone.. and Wow! Very enjoyable.




#3

Thankful for a fun time with our Son and lil darling on Sunday afternoon/evening.  Having din din and playing the game of Life and wii bowling. 


#4

Thankful that 3 folks that had covid(all young men in their 40's) are all better now.  Definitely answers to prayers of many.




#5

Thankful that the young couple I wrote about a few weeks ago that were going to Paris, France, made it there safe and sound,  and also made it to another city in France to go to language school.  It was a 9 hr. drive and driving can really be treacherous in some areas of France plus they just learned to drive a stick shift as well.  So we are praising the Lord for their safe arrival.


#6

Thankful for our sweet, loving, thoughtful and beautiful Daughter, who is joy to her parents.  Tuesday was her  37th Birthday. So Happy Birthday again DeeAnna.




#7

Thankful for Hardee Burgers and onion rings for lunch. We got a Hardee's fast food place a few years ago,  but we didn't like the buns they used for their burgers because they were sweet, and we asked if they had another type and they said yes but it was an upcharge and we really weren't that crazy about it either, so we just haven't gone there.  But a few months ago we decided to just try it again hoping maybe something had changed, and much to our delight it had.  Others must have not liked it either, so they have new buns now and their burgers are so much better, and they have always had great onion rings, so it's a nice treat to get their food every so often.


#8 

Thankful for God's sweet peace with all the turmoil that is going on in the world, and in our country and even right around us with covid and other sickness, and teachers and students going back to school.




#9

Thankful that our Pastor has made a video on face book as a call to prayer for our church to be praying about it all....So wise.


#10

Thankful for a picture I saw on face book of a child with a teacher.  I knew this child since she was 3 yrs. old and have been friends with her family all those years since. She posted it because the teacher she had in school was now a teacher to her daughter.  We know her teacher as well, as she used to attend our church for years. So was thinking how  cool that was, and was reminded of the same situation I had in my own life.  When I was in the 5th grade I had a nice Christian man who made a big impact on me,  his name was Hoyt Cook, and my Mom had this same teacher when she was in the 5th grade. He was a good man and a good teacher.  He would have us do the pledge of allegiance, recite the Lord's prayer and sing songs every morning. We sang the battle hymn of the republic, and many old songs, 2 had my name in them Nellie Bly, and Aunt Dinah's quilting party, (which used to embarass me, but in a good way). lol  He also gave me my first Bible, a small pocket new testament, that I still have to this day because he was a Gideon,  he also attended the Methodist church where I attended with my neighbors. So this was a lovely gift of rememberance for me.




#11

Thankful for dear long time friends, that can call us or we can call them anytime, but such a privilege to have each other as prayer partners when we need them. That's a great thing about speaker phones today too, as that even a group can pray together over the phone.  Love it.



#12

Thankful that lil darling had a good first week at school.  They moved her school to a new location and the drop off and pick up are quite different from what she was used to, and of course, the school building is different and then you have the normal angst of the unknown most all kids have so she was a bit bummed about it all, but she is feeling a lil better now that she has experienced it, and really likes that they have a bigger playground.  Fortunately, she knows her new teacher and does have a lot of kids from her class from last year as well so that helps. Think she is just reacting out of having way too many changes in her life in the last year.



Well, that's it for Cozy Place

this week.


Hope you enjoyed the flowers,

I sure did.........


Have a peaceful week.


Love, Hugs, and 

mid August Blessings,

Nellie


Sharing with:

Shabby Art Boutique

April J Harris

A Stroll thru Life

Grammy's Grid

Lou Lou's Girls

Between Naps on the Porch



2 comments:

  1. I agree it is hard to listen too or see the news these days. We just have to keep praying and let God know of our worries and hopefully signs of hope and things changing will be seen soon. Have a good weekend. Flowers always make me smile too.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1. Yes, praise the LORD for His Word! I read it every day!
    #2. Yes, praise the LORD for the talent he has given to this man!
    #3. Thank the LORD for the time together!
    #4. Praise the LORD!!! I pray the LORD's will be done!
    #5. The LORD bless His will for their lives!
    #6. I sent her a text wishing her a Happy Birthday!
    #7. I pray for the safety of those working in our food industry!
    #8. I pray every day for the LORD to end the pandemic.
    #9. Praise the LORD for him.
    #10. I remember teaching grandchildren of students I had!!! Of course I taught Kindergarten.
    #11. Praise the LORD for phone communication in this day!
    #12. I pray for her safety in this great time of need!
    Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday April 25, 2024, and unusually Beautiful photos..........

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort         2 C orinthians 1:3 NIV...