Thursday, January 11, 2024

Thankful Thursday January 11th, 2024, and Winter Dessert ideas


 Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen.

Psalm 41:13 NIV


Greetings Sweet Friends,

How are yall??  We have been doing

very well, finally over our (whatever

 sickness we had) until the last few days. 

 Now my back is acting up again.....Ugh!

I wish I knew what I was doing that

caused this....have been doing some

walking in the neighborhood and loving

it, and should have gone today but

neither of us think that is a good idea.

So............that's that!  Hoping for a

better day tomorrow.


Pictures today are of Winter time

dessert ideas, thought they were all so 

pretty and surely make me hungry

for them.  lol



Well, on with my Thankfuls......



#1

Thankful for beef stew that we made in 

our new stock pot.  Yummy!  


#2

Thankful for a good day at church, we welcomed

26 new people into membership today, 

which is great.





#3

Thankful for lunch out with our lunch buddies

again. Just love spending time with them.


#4

Thankful for a good morning with lil darling

on Monday.  Just had her half the day today.




#5

Thankful for a new fun show we found

   to watch called "The Childrens Baking Challenge". 

   We are really enjoying it and so does lil darling. 

                       

#6

Thankful for my nice warm cozy bed every

nite, sometimes we can forget what a luxury

that really is..........




#7

Thankful for Ghirardelli, white chocolate

peppermint candies which we have and

are still enjoying. They are so delicious,

and I am not that keen on peppermint

especially if it is strong, these have just

the right amount, very mild.  All 

compliments of our Son and lil darling

and

Also peppermint hot chocolate.

Sorry it's all gone!!  lol



#8

Thankful to have an appt with my former

dentist, that I had to leave for Insurance

reasons. She is the best dentist in the

world and leaving was so hard, but I

am so thankful to be going back as I

have a crown that needs to be done,

and hopefully she will be my dentist

for the rest of my life.




#9

Thankful that our whole family and

area faired well in the winter storm

that just went over us. Praying for

those in Panama city that got hit pretty 

hard with a tornado, from what we

 understand. 


#10

Thankful for our new Homedic back

Massager we recently got, since our

other one broke. We have really 

been pressing it into service with

my back issues lately.  lol




#11

Thankful that hubby and I have been

finally working on some things that have

 needed to be done, that we have talked

about over and over again but just 

never got around to doing. Cause we

are getting up there in years and no one

knows when the Lord might call one

or both of us home.


#12

Thankful for 2 cute lil wrens I saw in our

front yard up near out house that were

scavenging for food. I have never seen any

 wrens around here, I saw some when my

 Daughter lived in Asheville, but have never

 seen them here in Florida, so they must have

flown south for the Winter, maybe!  

I know, I am easily entertained!! lol


#13

Thankful for Mexican take out from Moe's

tonight, we were gonna go out, but with

my back acting up just wasn't a great

idea, and it's cold too.

But it's was great tasting food!!




Well, that's all for Cozy Place
this week...........

Hope you are all enjoying the 
New Year

Thanks for stopping by.

Love, Hugs and
January Blessings,
Nellie


Sharing with:

Shabby Art Boutique

Between Naps on the Porch




1 comment:

  1. #1. Sounds yummy for the tummy!
    #2. It's so good to have Pastor Brad back too!
    #3. Fellowship and food do go good together, ha!
    #4. So wonderful for you both to have these times to remember!
    #5. That reminds me when I used to get up early when I was her age on Saturdays and fix mom and dad's breakfast for them, ha!
    #6. Oh don't you know it! It's even good sometimes during the day!
    #7. They are delicious! It didn't take me long to eat them up from my last visit!
    #8. Hopefully the LORD will answer and she will be your forever dentist!
    #9. This has been my prayer every day!
    #10. I'm sure it really assists the muscles to feel better!
    #11. I pray the LORD's blessing on you both.
    #12. Maybe it's a sign of an early spring, I hope so!
    #13. Any take out is delicious to me, ha!
    Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Scripture Sunday

  The Fear of the Lord is the beginning  of Knowledge (Wisdom)  according to Proverbs 1:7 NIV May the Lord be your fountain of life and know...