Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sunday - Quotes to Ponder #13 - Love





Good Sunday Morning
to You, Sweet Friends,

Hope you have a really Wonderful
Day!


Here is our quote to ponder for today.



Do not waste time bothering if
 you "Love" your neighbor,
 act as if you do.

by C S. Lewis



I used to work for a wonderful 

Christian lady named Mary Crowley
 who owned a work from Home-
Party plan business called 
"Home Interiors and Gifts."
Although, I never met this dear lady
in person, I learned a lot from listening
to her tapes and from what others who
 had met her had to say.

One such taped lesson flew to

mind when I saw this quote......
It was really about marriage but
I think It can really fit with just
about any relationship really.

She was talking about what to 

do when you weren't feeling
 particularly loving towards your
spouse.  She suggested that you
think of all the things you do for
your spouse when you do feel
loving towards them, like maybe
 making their fav dinner/dessert,
or give them a back rub, write
 them a complimentary note, give 
a hug, or an offer of help, etc.
 You get the idea.......
then  you do these things, as if 
you did feel loving towards them. 

To be honest, when I heard that

I was thinking isn't that a bit
hypocritical or phony......but I 
am just dumb enough to try
 things, especially when It comes 
from a good source.  So guess
 what I found out??
I found out...that as I did those
 loving acts I began to have lov-
ing  feelings toward my spouse
 or  whoever once again. This is 
really what you call living by
faith and not your feelings.
God tells us to love others....
and if we are obedient to his
call.......then sometimes we 
might have to fake it till we
make it..........but I believe
the Lord honors our faith in
doing what He tells us to do,
and that is why our feelings
begin to line up with what
we did as an act of obedience
to Him. We can all have fickle
feelings depending on our
circumstances, hormones or
when we might not be feeling
great physically and the like...
so this is a great way to take 
care of those fickle feelings.....


Happy Pondering!!



Love, Hugs and

Special Sunday Blessings,
Nellie

Sorry for the Wonky writing, tried

several tmes to fix it but to no avail.  

Sharing with:


Life and Linda with Linda and Friends



Dwellings with Cindy

Stone Gable with Yvonne and Friends


Saavy Southern Life with Kim

Walking on Sunshine with Lois and Friends

Life with Lorelai with Lorelai and Friends

Shabby Art Boutique with Kerryanne


The Craftberry Bush with Lucy and Friends













5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I am glad that you are also enjoying Victoria!! I used to host a lot of Home Interiors parties and I still have and love their products!!
    Hope you had a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nellie.
    I have found when I love our LORD with all my heart, body, soul, and mind, He helps me to even love my enemies. "Enemies" being those who may cut me off in traffic, those who refuse to smile and reply back to my saying "hello" in passing. I find myself praying for them that the
    LORD will open their heart to His will for their lives and assist them with any problems they
    may be having. They may never know my prayers for them, but the LORD does.
    Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    Thanks for coming over to say hello. I always thought Home Interior shows/parties were always fun, and I had them for awhile before I became a displayer myself. Learned a lot of great things from those years with that company. It seems to me that things have changed since
    Mary Crowley passed but they still have great products but there prices are way higher than
    they used to be. Haven't been to a show in years now.

    Have a great week,
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's always a good idea. No act of love/kindness is ever wasted anyways. I'm so sorry for your Sister in Law. These losses are so tough. But you both must get new pets. There are so many of them out there that need a home. And they will heal your hearts. It's win/win! You gotta'! LOL!! ;) I'm so happy I got my Lizzie after Fifi left. And then Gigie after Mia. I couldn't imagine not having them. Just advice here. I don't mean to go on and on about this. But I feel like I'm suppose to say this to you.

    love and hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caroline,
    That is so true about no act of kindess or love is ever wasted.
    Yea, she has done much better than we expected, but she still has 5 pets at home, so really
    doesn't need anymore. We probably want get any more either just because we have had to put
    2 of ours to sleep, and 2 of my sister-in-laws pets, as well, so we really don't want any
    more at this point in our lives anyway..........You are still very young but we are all getting up there in years, so when we have pets and if something happens to us, we leave them behind for someone else to take care of.....and maybe they don't want to take care of them, because they have their children or pets to deal with, So we feel it is unfair to those left behind and the pets as well. But I know your heart is definitely in the right place..........so thank you for your sweet advice........it was well taken Sweetie.

    Hope you are doing well.....We celebrated Susans birthday last Sat. and this Sunday we
    will be celebrating my hubbies and lil grandaughters birthday. She is gonna be 4 yrs. old,
    can't believe it, but yet it seems like she has always been with us.

    Have a great rest of the week, and thanks so much for coming by and for your sweet heart
    of concern.

    Love and Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie