Sunday, June 14, 2020

Scripture Sunday




Good Sunday Morning
Sweet Friends,


Here is the scriptures for today.


Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation, by prayer
and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which 
transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and
your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:6-7  NIV

This just happens to be my
life verse since I was a young
Christian, as I used to be such
a worrier,  this verse helped
transform me from a worrier
to a truster of God.  Not that
I never worry,  but it doesn't
happen for too long.
I memorized the verse and
every time I started to worry
I would quote it to myself
quietly or out loud whatever
the situation called for, then
did what it said, as many times
 as I needed to......
It eventually became a habit
and chased the worry away.
There is power in God's word.


Have a praying and peaceful day!


Hugs,
Nellie


Sharing with:


2 comments:

  1. My life verse is Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your path!" GOD is so good all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Sunday sweet friend. Have a wonderful new week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...