Sunday, September 5, 2021

Scripture Sunday




Happy Sunday Sweet Friends,


Here are the verses for today!


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 

 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

Philippians 4:5-7


I heard some great advice from
Pastor Jeffress from Texas.
(This is not verbatim from him, I am passing it on in my rendition of it)

He said to get out some paper and
pencil (or pen) and write at the top
of the page...... "Things 
that are worrying, bothering or troubling me"
 at the top of the paper, then
go down and list all the things
that are worrying, troubling 
or bothering you, then once you have
finished your list, go up and cross out
"Things that are worrying, bothering or troubling me" and write in 
"Prayer List", and then make it your prayer list.

This describes exactly what 
Philippians is saying.....and when
we do it, God hears, and we unburden our hearts and he gives us the peace
that passes all understanding.
It is also a good idea to thank Him
for those things as well, and you 
don't have to want to, we just need
to do it, and it is amazing how HE
changes our heart.  I believe He
gives us these direction more to 
help us than for any other reason.
So if we don't ever do what He
says we will never experience
what He promises.

Have a lovely Sunday

Hugs, Nellie

Sharing with:


5 comments:

  1. Nellie, this is the very passage of Scripture I wrote about on my blog today!!

    Love,
    Patti (changed my username, but it's still me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Labor Day weekend my friend. Enjoy the last day of this long weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prov. 3:5, "Trust in the LORD with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding!"
    Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed to reread this passage today. What a treat to find you at the hearth and soul link up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday April 18, 2024, and photos of all things spring

L ord , you are my God;  I will exalt you and praise your name,  for in perfect faithfulness  you have  done wonderful things,  things plann...