Thursday, April 6, 2023

Thankful Thursday April 6, 2023, and Spring at our House

 

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; 
his love endures forever.

Psalm 107:1 NIV


Good Morning, Sweet Friends,

Hope this finds you doing well, and

hopefully getting ready for Easter.

That has certainly been a part of

our week, and will continue to be

until Sunday.



Picture today are from Cozy Place............

and what I was doing all last week.  lol

So late on my Spring/Easter decor

this year, but better late than never,

as the old saying goes....We look like

bunny heaven....I definitely know that

Easter is all about celebrating what Jesus 

did for us on the cross, and His rising

 from the dead, to give us eternal life,

Praise His Name!

and not about Bunnies and Eggs but 

that lil girl in me just loves how

cute they and they make my 

heart happy!!


Do you have a favorite thing or things

you like to use for spring decorating

 that makes your heart happy??





So on with my Thankfuls.....



#1

Thankful for a fun night out with hubby,

had to take some things back that didn't fit,

and bought a couple of others that are hopefuls.

Then out to dinner to celebrate my birthday

to Red Robins.  We had never been there

before, so that was fun to go somewhere

new,  we wound up getting fish and chips

and it is a gourmet Hamburger place.

Next time we will get a Hamburger.  lol


#2

Thankful I have gotten a lot of decorating 

done in the last few days, will be happy

to finish up hopefully tomorrow.




A view with the lights out.






Couldn't get a complete shot of the fireplace
cause our treadmill was in the way.  LoL
So here's the hearth!









#3

Thankful for a birthday present that showed

up 2 days late that made my heart sing.

I had seen these hot pink pumps that just

ran away with my heart but didn't want to

spend so much when I wasn't sure if I had

something to wear them with. Sometimes

I am just too practical for my own good. lol

  They just kept following me everywhere when

 I would go online too.  Anyway it happened

when I was at my Daughters house too.

So she got them for me for my birthday

 and at a much better price!!  and I was 

just so surprised!!  Just love them!

Wore them on Sunday and felt like

clicking my heels together and saying

Auntie Em, Auntie Em......lol








#4

Thankful for something I read on some

ones blog on Friday.  It is an excerpt

from a book called "Micro Joys" 

or something like that.  

Very Interesting and I feel very true.


#5

Thankful for a sweet find in my kitchen sink.

It was my first micro Joy after reading

that excerpt from the book I mentioned

above. It was a twig  that looked like a cross 

and I have no idea how it got there, but it 

was a sweet reminder that my Lord is near.




#6

Thankful that I am finished decorating

for Spring.  Might make a few tweaks

here and there but pretty much done

done done........Can you hear me

singing the Halleleujah chorus.  lol

Not that I didn' t enjoy it, but I was

so behind just happy to be getting

caught up.........lol






#7

Thankful that I can now move on to

others things that need my attention.


#8

Thankful for the lovely birthday card 

from my Daughter.  It was later than

expected but cool that it came late

because it was like a gift in and of itself. 





#9

Thankful for a good day at church,

and a nice lunch with my Hubby, Son

 and Granddaughter, at a new Mexican

restaurant we have been wanting to try,

and then home for a lovely Raspberry 

Elegance cake from Publix for dessert 

and my Sil Susan joined us. 

 We played some Charades and Wii bowling.

 Had a great time and got the most precious 

card from my Son and Granddaughter.

Great Day!!

So I wound up having like a 5 days

of birthday celebration.  


#10

Thankful for our churches Easter 

program Sunday night, and having

some new friends over for cake

and coffee. Great Evening!!







#11

Thankful that we think we have

caught some situations that are

looking like identity theft possibly.

We have fraud protection, and they

have let us know everyday, for about

5 days now that someone is inquiring 

on us at the credit bureau. Think they

are trying to get a credit card. So

they put a fraud alert on it, but that

didn't stop it, so they said we can

freeze our acct. So we have frozen

it now so they hopefully can't give

 out any information. This is really

a great safe guard for anyone!

We never knew it existed before now.



This lil lamb has been around since lil darling

was born, "It plays this lil light of mine" in

a childs voice and it's ears wiggle and used

to clap it's hands too.  So cute.


#12

Thankful that I have figured out

our Easter dinner menu, I am going

for Easy this year, cause I am just

worn out......Decided on London Broil

on the grill, Mashed Sweet Potatoes

(with sour cream in them), and my

rendition of a BH&G's Succotash

Salad which is delicious and different.

See the recipe here if you'd like.


 Easter table is  now in progress.....




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that's it for Cozy Place this week.


Thanks for coming by 

and 

We wish you and yours 

The Most Wonderful

 Easter Celebration.


Love, Hugs and 

Easter Blessings,

Nellie


Sharing with:

Grammys Grid

Shabby Art Boutique

South House Designs

Between Naps on the Porch

Pennys Passion



1 comment:

  1. #1. I praise our LORD GOD for your love for one another so strongly blessed!
    #2. How beautiful it will be! I can hardly wait to see it in person!
    #3. HA! HA!
    #4. Praise the LORD for those who praise Him and blesses us too!
    #5. Praise the LORD for His beautiful reminders to us of His Love for us!
    #6. Praise the LORD for your enthusiasm and joy in Him!
    #7. Praise the LORD for the things He keeps us busy with.
    #8. Praise the LORD for our loved ones!
    #9. What a wonderful time I had with you all! It didn't take me long to finish your cake you sent with me, lol! It was delicious!
    #10. Praise the LORD for His Love to His Chosen!
    #11. Praise the LORD for His protection over what He has given to us!
    #12. Good for you! Sounds delicious! Jim is a good griller!
    Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday, May 2, 2024, and Photos of things that are yellow and orange

  From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,  the name of the LORD is to be praised. Psalm 113:3 Greetings Sweet Friends, Welcom...