Tuesday, April 25, 2023

An Easy Peasy Fun DIY Bowl you can make........

 







Hello Sweet Friends,

Hope this finds you all doing well and enjoying
April.........Wow, just another week and we will
be into May already!!  Shocking how fast this 
year is going!!

I told you while back about a fun project
my Daughter and I did when we went to
visit her back in March.  So I am gonna
finally show you what it is.....

They are bowls made of coffee filters.
I saw these supposed stoneware bowls
somewhere in blogland, and they were
 $54.00
and thought Wow, they look a lot like 
coffee filters to me, so decided to try
 it out myself, just for the fun of it. 
 Here she is all finished up....................






 
#1

 The first thing I did was take some

       coffee filters (About 15 or 20) from

        my kitchen but you can use anamount

        you want (for the thickness of what

                you want your bowl to be, or you can                use white ones....we had the  brown so                since I wanted to experiment to see if

        what I thought I could do was                      even possible...........


 

           Note:  At this point you might

       decide if you want to shape your bowl

        a lil wider or differently.  I wished I

           had thought of that afterwards. lol

 

P.S.  If you want to see how it looks
in white scroll all the way to the end
of this post.



#2
I got out a small paint brush and some
 elmers glue all, then painted around the 
rim to make sure all the edges were 
covered and would stick together well.
  I did 2-3 coats of the glue, cause
I didn't have any Modge Podge and
didn't have time to go get any, and
decided this would be a fun project
to do with my Daughter as well.


#3
Once you get some Modge Podge,
Set you bowl to be... upside down on
a can that it fits.  Like in the pic
below.




#4
Cover the top of the bowl with the
Modge Podge, then do the sides
you can put as thin or thick a coat
as you like, just know that the thicker
the coat the longer the drying time.
Then set it aside till it dries.


#5
Once it has dried, turn it right side
up and paint the bottom and sides
of the bowl.  Then set aside once
again till it dries.



#6
I put about 4 coats on the inside
and outside of the bowl, of course,
letting it dry between each coat.
and it made it quite sturdy.
You will be able to tell when 
you think it has had enought
coats.  May daughter put less
cause she put it on thicker.


and That's it......
now finds something
cute to put in it, a few examples
below.  Only dry things I might
add or you might have a thicky
mess.........  I don't really know, but 
probably best not to try it. lol



faux Strawberries





Poupourri


 maybe a bird nest.


or


Easter Eggs

and my Daughter said she was gonna
put shells in hers since she has a 
coastal look.....................


Oh, and once I got home I happened
on some large cupcake papers in my
cabinet, so decided to make a smaller
one to see how it looked in white.




Had these lil stick on rabbits, 
so just popped one in.....



The cupcake size could make a nice
earring or ring holder.


This would be a fun project to do
with your kids over the summer......
or anytime,  I am just thinking about
lil darling since she will be out of 
school soon.  lol

Also, just thought about how craft
Stores have those pretty cup cake
papers that are in prints and flowers
and stuff,  so that might really
be pretty.  Just looked online and
oh gosh they come in so many
different colors.  This would be a
fun thing for kids to make for their
Mom's for Mother's day as well.


Well, hope you try it out and have
fun doing it......nice project so you
can talk and paint all at the same
time.  I like that!!

Have a lovely rest of the week,

Hugs,
Nellie

Sharing with:

6 comments:

  1. This is so creative, Nellie! I love how this came together. Both versions are so pretty and I love the way you styled them too. I definitely want to try this! Loving and pinning, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Coco, for coming by and for your sweet comments.
    I'm looking forward to trying it with some cute floral and colorful cupcake filters in the near future........
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is so cute and well done. Love it! I may have to give it a try as I think it will work wonderful on my coffee station.
    I visited you via Create, Bake, Grow & Gather Party #569
    If you are not already part of SSPS, this is a personal invite to hop over and come and share your posts with us at Senior Salon Pit Stop, every Monday to Saturday.
    See one of my entries: Ube Purple Yam Cheesecake and then navigate to the bottom of my page for the Senior Salon Pit Stop linkup, we hope to virtually meet you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Slabs
    Thank you for coming by and for your kind comments, and invitation, as well.
    I did come by for a visit.....and I linked up to your SSPS party.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pleasure, and thanks again for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday, May 2, 2024, and Photos of things that are yellow and orange

  From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,  the name of the LORD is to be praised. Psalm 113:3 Greetings Sweet Friends, Welcom...