Tuesday, June 11, 2013

DeeAnna and Jerry's Painted cabinets & Kitchen Tour


Hi and Happy Tuesday to you 
Sweet Friends,

Hope you day is going well.......

Spent part of mine with my daughter, She came over,
 we had lunch and she did my hair while we visited,
 and then she had to go into work for a few hours after
wards.  Sure was good to see her,  as it has been
 awhile, actually not that long but just seems like it
for some reason.

  Not much going on here but rain still............can't believe
 the tropical storm has passed and we are still getting rain, 
 think it  must be because our temperatures are rising fast 
here in Florida.

Since I haven't been doing any creative playing other
than with Brooklyn,  and no projects I think I told yall 
awhile back that  Dee and Jerry (My daughter and 
son-in-love) had taken on the big
 project of painting their kitchen cabinets, and it was 
the first time they have ever done anything like that, 
 well,  they did a superb job and their kitchen really 
looks awesome.

So the last time we were there I asked her if I could
do a post and show yall, so she let me takes some
pictures.  It makes me want to do my cabinets but
I wouldn't want to do them in the expresso, altho
they look awesome, they just wouldn't go in my
house.  She did the bottoms ones in expresso
and the tops ones in white.  Anyway,  see for
yourself................................



This is the right side of the kitchen,  and as you
can see they are in to black, white and red.

In case you don't know you can click on any
picture to enlarge them...in fact, I think when
you do that it enlarges them all now.

 This is the lil plaque you see there
above the trash can.

 Their fruit stand




This is their new sink area.....
 They just recently had the granite counter tops 
 put in and the subway tile backsplash.  Thankfully she
works with someone who's hubby does that,  so he
gave them a great price.


 This is going on around to the left side

A close up shot.................
This color is called Expresso and they used a kit to do it,
that they got from Home Depot that was on sale.  If you
are interested in knowing the specifics about the paint
just let me know and I will find out for you.

The cabinets were a birch before and had no hardware,
so they had to drill the holes and put the hardware on as well.


This shows the stove top and the beginning of the oven area.


Don't know why I forgot to take some close ups
of the top cabinets.  You really would never know
these cabinets were hand painted,  they really
look professionally done, a few of her friends
were so impressed when they saw them they
painted theirs as well.


 This is a nice look at the whole area.  What an amazing
transformation of their kitchen, wish I had some before shots.
Tried to lighten this picture but it didn't look as good.

 She bought those topiary balls and then put them on top of 
candlesticks.Thought that was a very clever idea, and that
 they look really cute.............


 Their eat in kitchen is right next to the oven
there and they have a nice bay window that
overlooks a pond.  wish you could see their
light better,  it is really cute,  it is from Ikea.



Her sign up there says
"kitchens are made to keep families together"
very cute!


These cabinets are right across from the dining area,
 We loved her cute rooster,  and it shows a better picture 
of the white cabinets,  and then to the right of the cabinets 
is her pantry.
Below those cabinets and next to the fridge is a desk area.
Thought I took a picture of that,  but guess I didn't!!  lol
Couldn't find it.................



This is wall art,  and it is on
the wall on the other side of the fridge.
A huge fork.....


Well, hope you enjoyed the kitchen tour.
We were very proud of them,  cause that
is a huge undertaking and to have never
done it before they just did such an amazing
 job.......cause truthfully we were a little worried.  
Cause painting isn't one of our fav fortays!
They are become quite the DIYer's I have to say!!


Thanks so much for dropping by today,
looking forward to hearing your comments.

I am linking up to Cindy over at Dwellings
for Amaze Me Monday,   and to see more
fun projects,  Just click here!

I am linking up to Marty over at a stroll thru life
for Inspire Me Tuesday,  so want to see more
inspiration,  Just Click Here!.

Also linking up to Kim over at Saavy Southern
style for Wow us Wednesday
Just click here........and prepare to be 
wowwed............


Have a Great Week Ahead,

Hugs, and 
Fun Kitchen Blessings,
Nellie


13 comments:

  1. What a great look! (We got an estimate on some granite counter tops - which I love - but changed our minds when we found out what they'd cost. Oh well.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kitchen is gorgeous. I love the granite and love the darker shade of cabinets on the bottom and the lighter cabinets on top. Really opens up her kitchen. Great job. So beautiful.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the white and black cabinets! They did a great job. Their table is really unique too. Have a great week.
    xoxo. Michelle. thebashfulnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful! It looks so professional and I would never guess those were painted cabinets. I certainly didn't have anything that gorgeous as a young married!! Your daughter has great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the kitchen is beautiful! They did a terrific job! I especially like the white cabinets, as I'm all about lightness, as you know. Oh, and the granite counter is to die for!!

    I've been thinking about doing my own painting job on the main level of my house, which would include my kitchen. (living room, dining area, kitchen). Some of the walls are a deep red (house came that way), but that is just too dark for me, so I've been looking at very pale green. My daughter said that if we do that, she would like to go really dark with the kitchen cabinets, as the lighter wall would make them pop.

    I wanted to let you know that I have abandoned the idea to return to my "beautiful things" blog. I just cannot manage 2 blogs, and classic film blogging is my love and passion, so that is where I will focus my time. You can catch me there.

    Did I tell you, I expect to be in Florida in early-to-mid November. Maybe we can get together.

    Love and hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, this is amazing! The kids did a beautiful job! Perfection! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Love and hugs, B
    onnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful job they did with their kitchen! I especially love the rooster! He looks like he is just strutting his stuff, ha!

    I've got to get my kitchen counters cleared off again! The kitchen looks so much bigger when the counters are empty of extra "things!"

    It looks like some of the past styles are coming back! Black, red, and white! I remember one of my friend's house was like that back in the '60's!
    Love to you all, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice kitchen with the modern and rustic touches. I really like that roo and the plaque as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my moss banner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nellie! Well this is just Fabulous! I love the contrasting cabinetry and the two colors look very sophisticated and easy to maintain! It is amazing what paint can do to completely transform an object from ho hum to Oh Wow!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. They did a great job! It really looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daughter and sil did a great job on making over their kitchen! The modern pulls really suit the espresso and white. Thanks for visiting and for your kind comment on our living room and the painted coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Nellie, they did such a wonderful job on their kitchen! Love the colors, everything looks so fresh and clean...love this kitchen!
    Such a pleasure having you share at AMAZE ME MONDAY, thanks so much!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daughter's kitchen looks great. I love the dark cabinets with the bright white.

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie