Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Beach themed Father's Day Table 2013


Morning Sweet Friends,

                         Hope you had......                    
           a very nice weekend.

Ours was nice, but quiet.......we did watch a movie and we 
finally got our lawn mowed on Sat.,  it rained every night, 
so we couldn't do it before.......we love getting it out of the 
way on the weekdays, so we can just enjoy the weekend.
It wasn't a total loss..........we did get some sun while we
were out there, so that was nice. 
 We did go out for a lil while on Sat. nite to get a smoothie,
and just to get out of the house.  Then we ran to Michael's.
Found one of the spica glitter pens I told you about in my 
Thankful Thursday post, last week.
Anyway, was excited about that, can't wait to find just the
right thing to use it for.
Then went to Bed Bath and Beyond and Kohl's just to
look around a bit,  ran into some friends and talked with
 them for a shortwhile.  It was just fun to get out for while.  
Sunday was church and our usual restful relaxing day.
 when we don't have company.




































Thought I would show you my hubbies Beach 
themed Father's day table.  I really enjoy 
using a theme myself.


If you would
enjoy seeing the pics larger,  all you need
to do is click on one and they will all enlarge.
That is a nice feature they have added 
recently, cause you use to have to click on
each one separately.


If you remember I got the idea for this tablescape
 from some napkins I found at the Christmas store 
months ago, but had forgotton all about until all 
of a sudden I remembered them,  right when I
 was thinking well Lord, what am I gonna do for
a table, haven't even thought about that.....
and those napkins came right to mind.
shew.....that was sure a blessing! 


It was nice the napkins had 2 different sides to them.
This was the first side.  I am using my corelleware
a lot these days,  since all my other white dishes got
 broken in the china hutch crash. I really love these 
dishes tho,  cause they are so light,  and we have had 
them over 6 months and there is not a scratch on them. 
That would not be so if they were the pottery or stone-
ware type, that was one of the things I disliked about
 them, also the heaviness as well.  Course, they do
have pretty edging,  I loved that about them.


This was the other side of the napkin.  Just placed a
shell and some almond joy midgets in the place setting.


Since there were only 5 of us,  it left the end of the table
empty,  so gathered up all my Beach stuff and made a
vignette at the end of the table, as well,  as a center piece
which you will see coming up.


With colored pencil affect



These cute lil dishes were a gift from my Dee
 and Jerry when they went on a trip to the Bahamas,
  so wanted to use them as well.  Used one as a
butter dish,  and you will see how I used the other
2,  again coming up!



The vignette from the opposite side of the table.


Took this in the early morning to see how it 
looked with all the candles lit.  See the star
fish dishes,  thought they made a nice lil
candleholder.  I used the glasses I did,
because they have a beading down the
 side which reminds me of a starfish.
You would have to enlarge the pic to see
it tho.......................


With the candles ablaze.......this was from the morning too.
A test flight, so to speak...............lol


Here is a closeup of the centerpiece.  


This was taken from the oposite side!


With  colored pencil affect



This is in the late afternoon with the lights on




Love the candle light,  but it just wasn't dark enough to
 enjoy them the way you would if it was at least a lil dark out.

Oh well.................so much for ambiance,  course as
it got darker and we sat there talking we did get to 
enjoy  them some.......................






With Posterized affect




Well............The Parties Over......................



And we just let the candles burn on...................


So thankful you could come by and hope you leave 
a comment to let me know you were here, 
I so enjoy that! 


Am Sharing with Cindy over at Dwellings
for Amaze Me Monday. Just Click here
to go for a nice visit.

Also sharing with Marty over at a stroll
thru life,  for inspire me Tuesday,
so click here, to go visit her.


Hope you have a Very Blessed Week.


Hugs n'  Beachy Keen Blessings,

Nellie

5 comments:

  1. You made us feel just like we were at the beach!!! One of my favorite tablescapes you have done!!! Your long legged sandpiper was so cute! At the beach I just love to watch how they can run so fast to not let the incoming waves touch their feet, ha!

    Thanks for helping me change some things on my blog!!
    Love you all, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the difference the light can make on a table..and that you showed us with candle light too...thanks for stopping by.
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! I especially love the candlelight. You need to share more of your tablescape ideas. I could use some.;)
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beach theme! The beach is my favorite place to be in all of the world! I am sure that your hubby loved it! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful beach themed tablescape! Perfect for the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie