Thursday, June 20, 2013

Welcome to Thankful Thursday - June 20, 2013

Moon rising at the beach


 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and
 the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor. 
1 Corinthians 15:41 



Greetings Sweet Peas

So how are ya??  Having a good
week thus far??  Hope so!

My week has been a good one, other than
being a lil tired, guess that late Sat. nite,
early Sunday morning and all dayer finally
caught up with us!  lol
But it was well worth it...............

Will tell you about it.................


#1
I am thankful
that we ran into a couple that used to go to our church
 years back, and we hadn't seen them in 5 years.  We
ran into them in Target and we yakked awhile,  then we
 parted ways, and we went to Walmart and ran into them 
again.  I had found out from his wife that he loves Yomii
 frozen yogurt too, so when we were leaving Walmart
hubby said well, if yall decide to go for yomii tonight we
 will probably see yall again.  We ran to Lowe's real 
quick and then went on to Yomii and there they were,
so we all sat outside and had a great time catching 
up.  Me thinks it was a divine appointment........
especially since we never run into anyone we know,
but upon rare occasion. Turned out to be a really 
 fun night tho!

These are the last of our vacation photos
a parasailor - saw them  many times everyday.


 #2
I am thankful
that hubby and son seemed to have a really nice
Father's Day.  Scott, Megan and Brooklyn came
in the early afternoon, and we had lunch and just as 
they were leaving Dee and Jerry were arriving,  
soon after Susan, my SIL came too.  We all had
dinner together that evening and sat around and
talked and made a day and a night of it.
Hubby liked his gifts, and good I got those sur-
prises cause he didn't find a grill he likes yet, so
we are still looking....Most are just not that well
made, and looks like they would rust out very
quickly!  But we will keep looking and eventually
we will find the perfect one.
It was another Fun  Family Day..............


Can you see the White Egret??


#3
I am thankful
that I found sometime to get back to making my 
cards again,  have done 3 this week, and the 4th 
is in process, but was  very pleased with how they 
turned out.  Always a good thing!  lol



Loved this pretty white sailboat - it showed up so well.......


#4
I am thankful
that I found out some fun information this week
 from one of my blog frineds, Donna about something
called a spica pen,  sounds like it is a glitter pen, and 
sounds like something I would like to try as well, 
 so was happy she shared that info with her readers.

You should check out her blog she makes 
beautiful cards.......all hand done.

This same moon as the first pic, just on zoom



#5
I am thankful
for the creativity that God gives to each of us,  it
is just so amazing to see all the neat stuff that all
of you do, everyone has their own lil niche, but
yet so amazing ......love seeing the things yall
make and do,  it really does light a creative
fire for whatever it is that others find creative.
Iron sharpening Iron, in a creative way!






#6
I am thankful
for a great day with Miss Brooklyn on Wed.,
 The last few times we have seen her,  she hasn't
 been her happy and fun lil self, course, she was
tired, but her Grammy was a lil concerned about
 her, since Mommy has returned to part time work.  
Today she was great and like her normal self,
 so this Grammy is greatly relieved...........
She is such a precious and happy  lil darling!





#7
I am thankful
for fun things you see that just make you
belly laugh like what we saw last night
on yahoo news.
If you didn't see my post yesterday and
want to Laugh a little,  just click here!


Same sailboat but with a posterized affect!



#8
I am thankful
for the La. Senator who has left the 
democratic party to go back to the
republican party,  because he has seen
the truth about it.  Enough Said........
accept Praise the Lord , hope there will
be many more that see the light!



This was the normal waves we had all week and altho we had
some rain we also had plenty of sunshine as well.



#9
I am thankful
for a new book I just got and have only
read the first chapter but think it is gonna
 be another winner.  It is by Denise Hildreth
Jones again, remember I said I thought I 
would probably get another one of her books
 cause I enjoyed the first one so much
 "Secrets over Sweet Tea",  well, the new
 book was a precursor to the Secrets of 
Sweet Tea, and it is called Reclaiming
 your heart and tells about her life, and
also teaches you how to keep a close
check on your own heart.

If you are interested she has a website
www.reclaiminghearts.com



This was the morning we left, dreary and rougher seas



#10
I am thankful
for book authors and even blog authors
who write things that touch or speak
to our hearts and lives.




Looks more like a moon now that it is darker.




#11
I am thankful
for rain,  this is sort of a bitter/sweet
thanks.  I love all the benefits of the rain
but am a wee tired of all the dark clouds
thunder, lightning and overcast skies and
 the rain.  I tried to steal just a few mins.
out in the sun numerous times today,
At times it was beautiful and sunny,
but by the time I  was headed out or got 
out there and set up........the sun went
 in.....felt a bit  like someone was 
pranking me.  Sometimes I think
the Lord has a very good sense
of humor!  lol

Well........Maybe tomorrow!! 




Another shot of beach the day we left, made it much
easier to leave I have to say!



#12
I am thankful
for shish-ka-bobs,  we haven't had 
them in ages, yet we really love them,
So.... guess what I am making for din din 
tonight,  just hope it isn't raining when it
 comes time to cook those babies!  lol




Well......
        That's All Folks...........

Looking forward to having you 
come by,
Be sure to say hello............


Have a Funtastic Friday and 
a Wondrous Weekend!

Love, Hugs and
Humorous Blessings,
Nellie

3 comments:

  1. Only you could cover God, politics and shish-ka-bob in the same post! Made me smile. I'm glad you had a good week...mine seemed to fly and I'm not sure where it went! The photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1. I always run into parents or previous Kindergarten students! I just met a previous Kindergarten student the other day when I was at the vet's office! (She was newly hired!)
    #2. It is always such an enjoyable time of blessing when family is together!
    #3. Do you have a site for those?
    #4. I used to use the glitter pens when I was teaching. I still have some, but forgot about them until you mentioned it. They are probably dried up by now!
    #5. I was just thinking the other day of making one of the "cubes" with Brooklyn's pictures on it. They would be like the "dice" people use to have hanging from their review mirrors. I have a pattern and you run it off on photo paper and there is a folding method to make it a cube!
    #6. She loves to play peek-a-boo with you and her blanket!
    #7. There was a doctor reporting on one of the Christian networks I watch that shared how important it is to belly laugh! The chemicals your body puts off makes your body healthy!
    #8. Yea, I have been praying for our Congress and GOD's Holy Spirit to influence "the Fear of GOD" to come back to our government!
    #9. They are books I need to put on my book list!
    #10. Isn't it inspiring! The Holy Spirit works His ministry through so many of these people!
    #11. I have always loved rainy days! It gives me such a calming to my soul! My yard is looking great again too, however, the flower beds of weeds are getting tall. I need to get George's weed killer. He usually does it for me, but is not feeling well these days.
    #12. I put mine in the oven. It's too far and to much trouble to go out to the back garage to use my grill. I haven't used it in a long time. Jim might want to check it out and take it.
    Love to you and yours, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweet Nellie!
    Hope you are having a GREAT Monday so far! Your photos are soooo pretty, have really enjoyed them!
    God Bless You ...
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie