Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Our Mother's Day Table 2015




Hello Sweet Friends,

Hope this finds you well, happy and 
healthy...............

Have to say I have been under the
weather this week, a virus I presume,
started with a terrible burning throat,
then body aches and headache and
just feeling drained.  Am feeling
some better but not there yet!


Hoping I will be up to watching 
our lil darling tomorrow, 
but guess we will see....


Thought I would show you our
 Mother's Day table today.





It started with these pretty lil appetizer/
bread plates I bought back in March at
HomeGoods, when we were in Asheville.
 I had saved them for a special occasion,
and this was it.....then I was looking for
 a tablecloth and thought this lovely green
 and blue floral was perfect, I got this in 
Asheville too, at Target but last Spring.
Had trouble finding some green flowers
at the grocery store, so hubby checked
 Sams and they didn't have any, so he 
went to Target and there they were....
Thank Heavens!
I had wanted to use POMs, they look sort
 of like white daisies but have lime green
 centers, just in case you aren't familiar
with them, but there just weren't any to
 be found this year, but
these Mums worked out great!
These glass candleholder left over from
Dee's Wedding celebration come in so
handy many times.
Then, I used my new basket with some
 white and green faux hydrangeas to
fill in the end of the table.




Since I had decided to use white dishware along
with the pretty lil bread plates, thought maybe
I would use my white basket too.  Liked how
it looked................with all the white ware,
but definitely needed the color of the blue
napkin...........




Here was Megan place, she was the only one
with the lil flowers, and little they were.....
Have had the green placemats for a number of
years, and love how they make the white pop,
the blue glasses I bought at the dollar Tree 
about a year or so ago, and just love them,
and have gotten lots of use out of them.





I absolutely love this tablecloth and think it
 would make beautiful curtains, if only I had a
 room to put them in.  lol
Chose the artichokes to go with the pitcher
and flowers cause thought the artichoke
petals sort of mimicked the shape of
flower petals.




Also love love love the colors and design
of these cute lil plates, and they go
beautifully with my corelleware white
dishes, since they have a touch of white
also.  I really love my corelleware, they
go with anything and they are light
and not at all easy to break and just
have a nice sleek and clean design.
They are really my everyday dishes,
but they get lots of use and you can
not even tell...............



a look down the table







a nice overview




I have had the blue napkins for a number
 of years now, think I got them at Home 
Goods, and I used my Wedding Silver-
ware called Scandanavia by Oneida.  
Still love it to this day.............




This was my centerpiece prior to this table
scape, but it was filled with plates and pink
and white hyrangeas remember??








Another overview from the other side of table


I have more pics but decided to use them with my
Thankful Thursday post, as I wound up changing the
centerpiece a bit and  did some photo affects
on a lot of them.  See..... I am trying to cut down
 on the number of pics per post...........lol

Well, I am finally done..............only took me
the whole day in between resting.........


Am headed to bed and still feeling crummy so
hoping the morning brings something different.

Have a lovely day tomorrow.

Love, Hugs,  and
Healthy Blessings to you,

Nellie


Sharing over at:

Ivey and Elephants with

Paula and Patti

A Stroll thru Life with
Marty

Between naps on the porch
with Susan

Shabby Art Boutique with
Kerryanne and Friends

Walking on Sunshine with
Lois and Friends

Life with Lorelai with
Lorelai and Friends

Stone Gable with Yvonne

Dwellings with Cindy




5 comments:

  1. Oh Nellie dear, I hope you are well soon. I always find being ill so inconvenient....lol! Your table is so fresh and Spring like and just invites attention to the meal at hand. I hope you had a lovely Mothers Day, and were spoiled by those you love and who love you in return. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh and pretty...love the color scheme! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

  3. I think my first comment was lost. I wanted to tell you that your Tablescape is lovely. I have the same dishes only mine are the salad size. I love how you combined the soft colors - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tablescape. Love the china. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty - we're looking forward to what you have to share next week. :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this blue and green is so pretty and fresh, what a gorgeous table! Even blue glassware!
    Any mother would feel like a queen!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...