Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Gluten free recipe for Flax seed wraps - great for sandwiches

The real thing with a posterized affect...........lol



Happy Tuesday Sweet Friends,

So how are ya??  Having a good
 week I hope.........

Mine has definitely been better, I seem to be
 getting my energy back,  Thank Goodness!

Had a nice restful weekend so am sure that
helped a lot.  Played some cards, watch
a movie, can't even remember the name
of it now............asked hubby and he said 
it was "Unstoppable" by Kirk Cameron.
It was a short movie but a very good movie.

Also sewed another porch cushion, so 2 
down 4 to go, and just rested and talked
a very good thing!!

Needed to clear off the table as the kids
were coming over on Sunday,  so needed
to put my sewing machine and paraphenalia
 away...am hoping to get it back out again 
this week or next week,  and do some more.

Had a great time with the kids, some good
things happened for them over the time
we were gone, so it was good to get to
hear about it all................

This week I have Brooklyn 2 days, had her
on Monday, then again Wed. our usual day.
Then I have a dear friend who broke her
foot and had to have surgery on it,  so will
probably go spend the day with her on
Friday,  and see if there is anything I can
do for her.  She is not suppose to put
any weight on her foot for 8 weeks.
Can you imagine!!  

Today (Tues.) I went to the grocery store
and to the dollar tree, and talked to Dee
for a few minutes,  am suppose to talk to
her again this afternoon after her hubby
goes back to work.........so the rest of
the day today other than doing a simple
din din and on Thursday I plan to just
take it easy and hoping by next week
I will be feeling over the top great!!  lol

Wanted to share this neat recipe my
daughter found online,  think it might
be a Wheat Belly Diet recipe.  So since
 I am trying to eat gluten free she made 
these and we made sandwiches with
 them,  and they were really quite good.




Flax Seed Wrap
(makes just one wrap,  so you will have
to adjust the recipe accordingly if you
want to make more than one.) 

3 Tablespoons of ground flaxseed

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon of paprika (don't think we added that)

1 pinch of sea salt

1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil

1 tablespoon of water

1 large egg.

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.  Stir in
oil and water.  Beat in the egg until well
blended.  Spray or grease a glass pie plate.
Pour mixture into pie plate and tilt back
and forth until mixture spread evenly across
the bottom.  Microwave on high for 3 mins.
Remove from pie plate with spatula, flip over
and fill with your choice of ingredients.




They sort of resemble pancakes (lookwise)
 a bit larger tho............and a very nice
replacement for regular bread.

We used Butterball deep fried Turkey
Breast,  lettuce, tomatoes and ranch
dressing!  They were good folks!!

Course, you can put whatever your lil
heart desires in them.



Made these today, Thursday,  and put chicken 
salad, lettuce and tomatoes on the wrap.
Deeeeeelicious!!



Hungry yet!!  lol


Enjoy!!

*******
Just got
the ingredients to make them today,
(Tuesday}, so think I am gonna double this
 recipe and cook them,  then try freezing
 one on a cookie sheet and storing it in a
freezer bag,  and see how it does,  if so then
you can make a bunch at one time and
just store them in freezer!  I will let you
know how that works out)

Note:  I tried freezing it, and they are
sort of dry and inflexible and don't taste 
nearly as good.  So plan B would to make
up lil snack bags with all the dry ingredients,
so they are ready whenever you need them,
then you would just have to add the eggs
and oil)  

I am looking forward to having them again.
Hope you try them and like them yourself.
Wish I had thought to take a pic of hers.
Guess I will come back and add a pic
when I make mine.  lol

See I did come back.... and added more
 than one picture............lol


Thanks for dropping by...........

Sharing with Patti and Paula ove
at Ivey and Elephants.
Please click here to visit them.

Sharing with the Style Sisters
for Centerpiece Wednesday
Just click here


Sharing with Lois over at 
walking on Sunshine
Click here to have a look!


Have a great evening with those
 you hold dear.

Love,  Hugs, and 
 Yummy Wrap Sandwich Blessings
to you and yours,

Nellie

2 comments:

  1. The flax wraps sound yummy! I use flax meal all the time...I regularly make a "muffin-in-a-mug" (you can google this and get all sorts of variations). Basically same ingredients only pour into a greased coffee mug and microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. You can add nuts, raisins, anything you like to the batter before cooking it...very filling and good with cream cheese or butter....high protein and low carb too! Thanks for sharing the wrap recipe...I will definitely be trying this. I am envisioning this for breakfast with scrambled eggs & cheese in them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summery picture looks great! Nice invitation to today's blog!

    I'm so glad you're getting your "spunk" back! I'm sure all can recall times we've been tired!

    GOD is so good! Praise Him for the good things happening with your family!

    Ada, your friend's mom brought her name up in our Sunday School class for prayer for her broken foot!

    I'm sorry if I broke your call with DeeAnna!!! I thought your phone may have been out of order. I was so concerned with that HUGE crack of lightening that hit near you. I was looking out my den window across the back property when it struck. After talking with you, I know you said it rattled your house! My, I've never seen a bolt that big and so near!
    Praise the LORD all was okay with you and you didn't get a direct hit!

    I made another pot of chicken and dumplings! Hmmm, Hmmm, good! It will be good for three days of meals!

    What a great flax seed recipe! And, microwaveable too! I need to get some eggs.

    Love to you all, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...