Friday, February 19, 2016

Thankful Thursday February 18, 2016, Tulips and Chocolate
































Greetings Sweet Friends,

Happy Friday to ya,


What cha' been up to???

Anything fun???


I did this fun lil vignette last
Wed. before Valentine's day
as I wanted to try out my individual 
fondue pot, so hubby and I could
make chocolate covered straw-
berries on Valentine's Day!So since
 I had the pretty Tulips
just decided to do a fun food
vignette to go along with it.
So hope you enjoy it!!
It was done just for me and
YOU!



























This is how the Tulips started out!





Can you see the chocolate chips in what
looks like just a white cup in the middle
of the vignette??  (Pics Below)
Well, it is
a small fondue pot that you put a tea
 light candle under neath and it melts
 your chocolate or cheese, and it comes 
with a  lil skewer that is attached to the 
side of the cup for dipping whatever you 
want to put in there.
Got one for Dee for Christmas..... it
was on her Christmas wish list, and
decided to get one for us too.  So this
was my first time to try it out.  Was
planning to show you how neat the
strawberries looked when finished
but think I didn't let it melt enough
and they just looked like a mess....
so learned one thing,  make sure
you let it get hotter.....lol
but have to say they did taste great!






So one with Thankful Thursday!



I am thankful



#1
for a  lovely Valentine's weekend,
just the two of us.  We celebrated
a lil bit every day.





#2
that I got to see one of my close
friends at church on Sunday, as
she goes to church elsewhere,
and it was so great to see her 
even for just a few minutes as
 it has been awhile just due to
circumstances.































#3
we also got to see our older Pastor
that used to be at our church over
9 yrs. ago,  along with his dear wife, 
they come down every Winter from
 Ohio, and sometimes have stayed 
with us........they look great and it
 is always such a treat to see them, 
and we will be getting together 
with them soon. 




This is how they looked after 3-4 days.

#4
that our DeeAnna is okay,  she
was having a lot of  pain and
heaviness in her chest and they
decided to go to the emergency
room Valentines night.  They
checked her out pretty good and
think it was either pleurisy or
something out of joint in her
back that was causing pain in
her ribs, or possibly a pulled
muscle from some equipment
she helped move at work.

Update:  she is feeling much 
better at this writing.  PTL!  






#5
for a sweet and encouraging email
 from my daughter in love, Megan
 on Tuesday.






#6
also that Megan is feeling better
as she had some really bad
 Migraine headaches over the 
weekend.  Bummer!






This is how the Tulips looked after 4 days.


#7
that we have seen some encouraging
signs in a couple we have been praying
for that really need a miracle for their
 marriage. So sure seems the Lord is
working................







#8
for Blue Mountain ecards, they are

one of my latest finds.  I love sending
 out cute or meaningful ecards and they
 are so handy....you can cheer someone
up any time day or night and quickly.  
Plus lil darling gets a kick out of  
them too.




This is after 6 days.





#9
that I was able to get some images
(for comparison) to take with me 
for one of my tests next week.
Last time I tried to get a medical
report it took me almost a year of
calling and having no one return
my call........so I am quite happy!!



With Cutout Affect


#10
for a gloriously beautiful pink
and orange sunset sky I saw on 
Wed. evening........
It really took my breath away.
I tried to capture it, but it wasn't
even close to how amazing it was.




with Posterized Affect


#11
for Godiva Chocolates.  Yum Yum!
I bought a lil box to share with hubby
for Valentine's Day.

Just FYI - I never knew this, but get
emails from them and read that you
can pick out your own chocolates
and make your own box,  so that
is what I did because we tend to
only eat dark chocolates.




These last 2 pics are how they look after
9 days...........notice the beginning pic.
I love Tulips....I think they are comical
flowers.....because they  definitely have
 a mind of their own.  lol


#12
for a book called " Lost int he Middle"
Midlife and the grace of God, by
Paul David Tripp.
I think every Christian in Mid Life
needs to read it.  This is about my
5th time, it is a great book that can
really give you an attitude adjust-
ment when you need it..........as
he shows you a whole new way
of looking at things.  It has been
an inspiration and help to me 
quite a number of times.






Well, there you have it another week
at Cozy Place..........


Thanks for coming by to visit, and
hope you will say Hello..........and
share something you are thankful
for too!

Have a Wonderful Weekend!





Love,  Hugs and

Last of February Blessings,

Nellie
Can hardly believe we only have

10 days of Feb. left.  I actually forgot
it was a leap year until I saw it on
the calendar a few days ago.  lol


Sharing at:


Walking on Sunshine Recipes with Lois and Friends

Life with Lorelai with Lorelai and Friends

Shabby Art Boutique with Kerryanne



Craftberry Bush with Lucy and Friends


Designthusiasm with Lory and Friends



StoneGable with Yvonne and Friends


Sweet Sensations with Sandra and Friends


StarFish Cottage with Kristy and Friends

12 comments:

  1. Your tulips are gorgeous. (I will see if there are any pretty - and affordable - ones the next time I go to Meijer!)

    Thankful with you for all your blessings. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,
    Great to hear from you hon, and thanks for your comments as always.
    I absolutely love Tulips, they are not only beautiful they are
    entertaining as well.........lol

    Hope you find some pretty ones. They sure brighten up the house and us!!

    Years back our son, Scott lived in Ky. and they had a Meijers store that we
    visited a number of times..........Loved it. Wish we had some
    around here.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vignette and I love the mini fondue pot! We would be delighted if you shared this post at Celebrate Your Story link party. Here's the link: http://www.thesweetsensations.com/12-funny-signs-youve-caught-the-diy-bug/. Hope to see you there and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the 3rd time I've tried to post. Maybe it will go through this time!
    #1. How wonderful!
    #2. That's how I feel when Sylvia/Brad come to visit. It was so good to see them again . I saw them in S.S.
    #4. I'm so thankful Dee is feeling better.
    #5. Good for her to send you encouragement!
    #6. I pray she has no more of them. I have another teacher friend who had to go on disability from migraines.
    #7. Praise the LORD for His Loving miracles!
    #8. Thank you for mine. The little dog was so cute!
    #9. Wow! I think Obamacare has slowed up many processes.
    #10. What a miracle the LORD has given us to see His beauty!
    #11. I can just taste them now, ha!
    #12. The author ought to come up with "Lost in the Senior Years," ha!
    I love you all, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra,
    Thanks so much for coming by and for your lovely invitation.
    Also thanks for your sweet comments. The fondue pot came from World Market,
    just in case anyone is interested, cause I think I forgot to mention that!! lol

    Will be over soon to link up.........
    Thanks again hon,

    Have a good week.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Susan,
    That's strange, wonder what caused that! These computers do seem to have a
    mind of their own sometimes, don't they?

    Thanks for stoppin' in and for being so determined with your comments.lol
    Your welcome for the ecards........I thought you would love the lil doggie,
    he was so cute.........

    Have a good day hon,
    Love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those tulips, they do what they want, don't they. I love white tulips, but I don't like their behaviour! Thanks so much for sharing over at Celebrate Your Story! I hope we see you again next week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chloe,
    Thanks for dropping by and for your warm comments. I saw a lot of faux
    white tulips yesterday at Home Goods so they must really be in this spring.
    At least the faux ones behave themselves!! lol
    Thanks for letting me share over at Celebrate your story, will hopefully
    see you next week. Thanks so much for hosting.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Nellie dear! This is so pretty! That deep red gingham with the tulips is perfect. Gosh I've been so busy lately, I've not commented much. I'm sorry. We have lots of interesting stuff in our lives just now, and it's all full steam ahead...good, but bites into leisure/blog visiting time. While I'm typing, I'm looking at the bottom of your blog where there is a faux linen heart with gold glittered leaves and I just LOVE it...gorgeous! I hope all is well with you my lovely, and I hope to email you soon...Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mimi,
    So wonderful to hear from you as always hon. I know what you mean, things
    have been busier around here too......and with the same situation of less
    time for blogging. Did manage to get my Thankful post done, so will be posting it later today.

    Also wanted you to see my post where I was using your adorable heart pillow.
    http://nelliescozyplace.blogspot.com/2016/02/valentines-living-room-3-some-with.html

    I am gonna be changing my blog face tonight or tomorrow probably, but I did
    enjoy it very much as well. Glad you liked it too, as well as my kitchen
    table vignette. Thanks as always for your sweet comments.

    Hope things are fine with you and yours.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me at chocolate and tulips! Two of my favorite things in life!! Thanks for sharing at Your Inspired Design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Holly,
    I have to say Tulips and Chocolate are definitely two of my simple pleasures
    as well. Hope this finds you doing well hon.
    Thanks for dropping by and for your warm comments.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie