Friday, December 9, 2022

Thankful Thursday December 8, 2022, and Christmas table from the past

Now, our God, we give you thanks,

 and praise your glorious name.

1 Chronicles 29:13 NIV



Christmas time Greetings

Sweet Friends,

Welcome to Thankful Thursday,


Hope this finds you all doing well and enjoying the Christmas Season. I am enjoying all the neighbors outside decorations as well as our own, but, I am struggling to decorate this year, I told hubby I feel like I just have no creativity all of a sudden........ I think it is because I have been a lil heavy hearted because a number of people that I love are going thru some very hard things right now.  So I am making progress but it is slow........but am getting a lil bit done daily, just hope it doesn't take me all the way to Christmas to do it!  lol


Since we are just a couple of weeks until the  big day thought you might be looking for table ideas, like me.... so, pictures today are from a Christmas table in the past.  This was a quick change table from Breakfast to Dinner as you will see.  We had fewer people at Dinner than breakfast that year!




So on with my Thankfuls.....


#1

Thankful all our Christmas stuff is all unpacked and the decorating has commenced. Most rooms are beginning to look a little like Christmas. Got a longgg way to go yet!!  

 Note: a little more like Christmas now, but still working on it tho.....lol



#2

Thankful that our new sofa was delivered. We really like it and it is very comfortable, had a few snags which we can hopefully work out. Nothing earth shattering.!


#3

Thankful for a good Church service on Sunday then out to lunch with our friends, then we ran some errands that needed to be done, and wound up being out most of the day.



#4

Thankful for a couple of Christmas Specials we watched on TBN this week, they were both great!  One was with Mark Lowry, the other with Natalie Grant and Danny Gokie.  I think if you go to TBN you might be able to watch them still, just in case you are interested.



#5

Thankful for a dinner we have come to love, because it is quick, easy and like a gourmet meal, to us anyway.  Salmon with grits (made with milk instead of water, makes them very creamy) and a salad with lettuce of any kind, strawberries, dried cranberries and nuts with Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing!


#6

Thankful for an interview we saw of Dr. Ben Carson on the "Take Away" Show.  He is such a wonderful godly man who offers good advice.



Note the change from breakfast to dinner



#7

Thankful for this cute commercial fromAce Hardware my husband happened to see! 

Click here to see it


#8

Thankful our tree is now up, not decorated

 but up!!  lol


#9

Thankful that I am feeling better today. Tuesday  I had a low grade fever and was feeling like I was getting the flu or something again.  Slept for 3 hrs. (and 2 times I didn't take anything cause thought maybe I needed to run a fever) got up from my nap and have felt good every since.  So weird,  this has happened to me about 3 or 4 times in the last month or so. Happens the same way every time.



#10

Thankful that my daughter asked if I would want to do Monkey Bread for Christmas morning,  I haven't made that in years. When they were kids we used to do it most for Christmas mornings. So should be fun to do again and not to mention how yummy it is.


#11

Thankful for Kris over at Junk Chic Cottage, for showing her love, compassionate and kindness to a fellow longtime blogger that just lost her precious Daughter.  She did a blog post about it and encouraged others to visit the Mother's blog as a show of support and comfort. 

Here is her Post.  Just in case you might want to be supportive as well. 



#12

Thankful that we got to pick lil darling up from school today and spend a few hrs. with her,  and also got to see some really cute Christmas ornaments she made at school. Just now thinking wish I had taken a picture of them.





Well, that's it for this week at Cozy Place.


Glad you could stop by 

and 

Hope you have a lovely weekend.


Love, Hugs and

 Merry Christmas Blessings,

Nellie


Sharing with:

Grammy's Grid

Between Naps on the Porch 

Karins Kottage

April J Harris

Shabby Art Boutique

South House Designs




5 comments:

  1. I love the dishes! I use to have some but when we moved to Florida I gave them away. Your table looked so nice.
    Prayer for Blessings
    Jesus, Righteous Lord, You are the God of all mercy and it is Your desire to richly bless Your children. I pray that You anoint my head with blessings and make Your face shine upon me, Lord Jesus. Pour out Your Spirit on me and let me dwell with You in Your house all the days of my life. Bless all of my days on this earth and bless all of my comings and goings. In Your precious name, I pray, Amen.

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda for your sweet comments and especially the Lovely prayer of blessing.
    These dishes belonged to my late mother-in-law...... so we have enjoyed them too.

    I tried to come visit you but it said your blog was not open to the public.
    Again thanks for stopping by and hope you come again soon.

    Have a lovely Christmas
    Many blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1. It will be the time for us to be joyful in our LORD!!!
    #2. I can hardly wait to see it!
    #3. It was good, even though I watched it on-line!
    #4. I really enjoy the shows "dedicated" to Christ's birth.
    #5. You've made my mouth water, ha!
    #6. Yes, I like to watch him as well! Praise the LORD for his witness.
    #7. That was cute!!!
    #8. It will be beautiful when you are finished!
    #9. I'm thankful you are better. My allergies have had my nose going and you would know, Katy wants to sit in my lap and rub her head on my chin! I don't have allergies to Cody like I do Katy.
    #10. Sounds yummy indeed!
    #11. It is a hard time to lose a loved one. Praise our LORD we will see them again in heaven!
    #12. She is a sweetheart!
    Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that you used green for your main color - we all seem to gravitate toward red for Christmas tables. I love the simplicity of the table and the little presents in the centerpiece. Your post was beautiful and heartfelt, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janet,
    Nice to meet you here in blogland. So glad that you came by and thank you for your kind comments and encouragement.
    When I have time I will try to check out your blog as well.
    Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Scripture Sunday

  Have a Joyfully Blessed Day! Hugs, Nellie Sharing with: Between Naps on the Porch