Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Best Cleaning and Household Tips #3, Floral arranging tutorial































Morning Sweet Friends,

Hope you all had a lovely
Easter!



We sure did........

Well..............
I am excited today!!!
 cuz.....
it is my birthday!!
  It's just after 8 am and I have
 already had 8 facebook Happy
 Birthday wishes.  lol


Already have this post prepared
and Only giving you 4 tips today
 since one turned into a tutorial.....


So here goes...............



#13
Need to put together a quick
floral bouquet and don't have
floral foam or a floral frog.


Try this..................

and For Your Information, you
 can click on any picture and it
 will make them all larger for
 better viewing pleasure.



Get the container you want to use.





and some good ole scotch tape







now make a lattice type pattern across
the container top with the tape. Doesn't
have to be perfect as you can see...just
wrap the tape over the edge enough so
that you know it want come lose.






Stick the flower in the open spaces






make sure to cut stems so that the flowers

sit properly on the edge of vase. Mine were
already cut from prior use............






These were faux hyrangeas so they are big
flowers so didn't need to put one in every 
lattice opening, but with some flowers
you might need to.....






The flowers are finished on the outside
 edge then all I had to do was put the
 largest hydrangea in the middle and
 that finished it off.



This works well with faux or live flowers.

 I find I get more bang for my buck, if I 
buy floral bushes when I am using faux
 flowers, and if you want to use live ones 
Sam's and Publix usually  have a great 
prices on their live flowers.

If you have never tried floral arranging 

but have the desire,  just get some in-
expensive faux flowers and try it,  just
 keep working and rearranging it if need
 be until you get it the way you like it.......
You  will be surprised at what you can do 
if you just try.........that was advice I was
 given way back when I was in my early
20's from a friend who did all sorts
of amazing things in her home.
Some very good advice I might 
add................

So Happy Floral Arranging!!





Want to see it incorporated in

my decorating!

See it here.....

and here.....
and again here
This time I just tucked the urn inside
 a Stylish Tin planter



#14

Stains on clothing?

Use "Dawn" dishwashing detergent
for grease stains.

Use  "ERA" for blood, grass, tomato
type  stains or bodily fluid stains or
just about any stains really.  But this
is really good on the first stains I
mentioned.

Want to help whiten your whites, 
 use your regular detergent and
then throw in a cup of "Cascade"
This is great for white tablecloths
that have food stains especially.



#15


Gotta clean the fridge

Do the bottom half sitting in a
 chair  with the garbage can next
to you, makes it so much easier
and quicker, and it is kinder to
your back as well, and it will also
 keeps that pesky door from
closing on you. lol



#16

Want to be able to find things
quickly??

Decide on a specific place to store
 every thing. Then make sure to put 
things away after you use them.  That
 way you will always be able to find
 things when you need them, and you 
don't waste precious time out of your
 day looking for things, like car keys,
 or lists. etc.  We can train ourselves
 to do this.....if we want to, cause
I did, and it has been a great 
blessing!  

Just FYI....I do not get any
 compensation in any way, for 
any products that I mention.
They just work well for me,
and want to pass on the help
to my blogging friends.


If you want to see Part 2 of Best
Cleaning Tips click here!!



Happy you could stop by today
and hope you found something
useful to you.

Have a really lovely Spring Day

Sweet  Friends.

Love, Hugs and

Floral arranging Blessings,

Nellie 


P.S. don't know why the printing is all mixed
 up size wise, but have tried to fix it...... but 
it just refuses to cooperate!! lol
Sorry about that!



Sharing at:

Dwellings with Cindy



Stone Gable with Yvonne and Friends


A Stroll thru Life with Marty


Starfish Cottage with Kristy and Friends


Shabby Art Boutique with Kerryanne


Walking on sunshine recipes with Lois and Friends


Life with Lorelai with Lorelai and Friends


The Craftberry Bush with Lucy and Friends


Designthusiam with Lory and Friends


A Tray of Bliss with Mimi

10 comments:

  1. Nellie, I hope you have a wonderful birthday. ♥

    Love that floral tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Stacey..........It has been a wonderful day............
    Glad you liked the floral tips!
    Thanks for stopping by,
    /blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Nellie! I've done the same thing using the tape. It does work beautifully! Now I need to take advantage of your cleaning tips! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila,
    Thanks for coming by and for your birthday wishes and other warm comments.
    Hope you had a nice Easter..........

    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. #13. That will be great for my bougainvillea clippings!
    #14. I was told Dawn mixed in water and spray on the bugs of your outside bushes will
    eradicate them, especially the large red and orange grasshoppers!
    #15. I use the little chair dad made. The only problem, is getting back up, ha!
    #16. My problem is when I have something in my hand and lay it down a moment to take care of something that comes up on the spur of the moment!
    Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan,
    yea, that probably would work well for your bougainvilla, and that is a good tip about the grasshopers or locusts, my neighbor used to do that and said it worked well.
    Thanks for coming by.

    love ya, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tips Nellie, my lovely. The one about cleaning the fridge is gold! Thanks for sharing at Five Star Frou-Frou this week. Hope to see you again on Friday! Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mimi,
    Happy to hear from you as always............yea, the tip about sitting down to clean the
    fridge........made me wonder why in the world didn't I think of this years ago..........makes
    it so much easier........

    Hope you are having a great day,
    Love and Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative idea! I am so trying this! Thank you for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle,
    Thanks for coming by and for sharing your encouraging comments.
    Hope you like how it comes out.......

    Thanks for hosting and allowing me to share at Home Matters Party as well.

    Hope you have a good rest of the week,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie