Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Layering a Fall Mantle 2016





Hello Sweet Friends,

Hope you are having a good week so far....

Can you believe we are 13 days into Sept.
already.............


I am feeling much better since Sunday,
now if my throat and energy levels will
 just cooperate I will be in good stead. 
 Am coming along with my Fall decorating,
 finally finished the Family room and now 
working on the Living room................
so thought I would share our family room
 mantle with you  today...........


Just FYI...........
Left Click on one picture and it will
 enlarge them all...... 
for better viewing pleasure.





Started by changing my art work from
 a  single pink Amarillo more modern
 look Poster, to this more traditional
 painting with more Fall like colors........






Then decided if I just had one more white
ceramic pumpkin, I could use them on our 
mantle, as I felt they would show up nicely,
(but I only had a large one and one smaller
 one).  Fortunately, the day I was out, when
 I got sick, I had gone to hobby lobby earlier, 
and saw they had the same pumpkins only 
they had added a sunflower to them, which 
was no problem).
So since hubby was going near Hobby
Lobby to pick up something else,  I asked
if he would mind taking my coupon and 
 getting me another smaller one, as they
 were in a very easy to find place.
 He graciously said yes.... so started with
the 3 white pumpkins.






You can see the sunflower on top here!






So next I decided on these 2  leaf design
 candle holders, that were a sweet gift
from a friend.







Next, I layered in the golden yellow
 sheer ribbon.






Then I added the golden berries
 you see here.




next were these apples, pomegrante 
and golden balls,  all pieces that came
from an old plastic wreath that fell
apart, that I had for a longggg time.






next were pine cones and  faux
 orange berries






Then more faux berries, and nuts.






All layered one item at a time,  then on
 to the next and the next,  just as I did
 in this post






Resulting in a very natural looking 
layered Fall mantle........I could have
layered more.....but since I was so
behind from being sick,  I decided
this was sufficient................lol





Here is the whole over all fireplace.
I did change the left side since this
 photo was taken....which you will 
see below.  Looks much better 
the new way, me thinks!!  lol








A cute hand made tag from the
 same sweet friend that gave me
the candleholders.








This was my Fall Pumpkin treat,
 I bought last year.....cause I really
liked it, and  the price was right.....
So thought it would go well and
and be at unity with the mantle
pumpkins...........







Just added some more pine cones and fruit
 to the hearth to tie it in with the mantle.
Did you notice the white pine cones.
Saw them in a Fall Cottage home 
magazine I think it was, a few years 
ago and loved the look,  so sprayed
 some with a cream spray paint..............







You might notice that I changed the
 candle holders, as I wound up using
 one of the others on my large brass 
candlestick on the hearth......


Well, there you have it.....how I layer
our mantle.................


Thanks so much for poppin in...............
Always a treat to know you were here.


Have a lovely week!







Love, Hugs and 
Mid September Blessings,

Nellie


12 comments:

  1. Nellie, your fall mantle turned out lovely. Layering is so much fun! Oh and what a sweet hubby. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jann,
    So nice to have you visit and thanks for your sweet comments and for hosting SYC every week.
    and yes, I think he is a sweet hubby too...........
    Have a delightful rest of the week.

    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the serene look of neutral colored pumpkins. Your mantle looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Nellie!
    You have so many pretty things to decorate with. Your storage for all your items must be
    very organized! I wouldn't know where to store it all, ha! It is so pretty! I like the little candle glasses with the see through leaf! Has Sweetie Pie seen it yet? I had an orange ceramic pumpkin and a big ceramic turkey you can have. They could be used in October and November!
    I love you all, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patti,
    Thanks for your sweet comments, it was so nice to have you visit hon.
    I have really come to enjoy the white pumpkins, as they are such a nice change
    of pace, and are taking a shine to those greenish blue ones now too. lol

    Hope this finds you doing well.....
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan,
    yes, I have been collecting it for over 36 yrs, and many items were gifts from friends and
    YOU.....so I do have quite a fun collection.....and do pack it away every year in sturday
    containers in the garage. I really love being able to give the house a whole new look every
    season, guess that is what keeps me content living in the same house for 36+ years. Thanks
    for the offer on the pumpkin and the Turkey, might just take you up on it or at least try
    making a vignette with them for the fun of it........

    yes, lil darling saw it yesterday but didn't pay a lot of attention as she was too busy
    playing with her toys since she had been away from them for several weeks. Plus I still
    have stuff all over the place, other than in the family room........so it is a bit messy
    still...........hoping to be done soon, but got nothing done today either........Poo.......

    Well, thanks for coming by and for all your warm comments..........

    Have a good day hon,
    Love, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantel looks lovely! Thanks for sharing at Your Inspired Design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angela,
    Thanks forcoming by and thanks for hosting Your Inspired Design and thanks for the kind
    comments as well.
    Have a great weekend,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nellie, I like the white pumpkins as they are not as bold as orange ones. Still have the same fall message. Great Job. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sylvia,
    Nice to meet you hear in blogland. Thanks for your isit and your sweet comments, they
    are appreciated.
    Have a great weekend,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nellie, love the white pumpkins. Always so elegant and pretty. Your mantel looks lovely and so perfect for fall. Your fireplace is large and dramatic. Thank you for sharing at DI&DI sweet Nellie. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda,
    Always so nice to have you visit and so appreciate your kind comments.
    Thanks for hosting Dishing an Digging linky party.

    Have a lovely evening,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie