Friday, December 31, 2021

Funny Story.......Don't try this at home!!

 

Picture compliments of https://unsplash.com/s/photos/red-velvet-cake



Happy New Years Eve 

Sweet Friends,


I woke up laughing this morning thinking again

about a story I told my neighbor last night when

we ran into them at the grocery store.  Hadn't 

thought of this in years and years.  Anyway,

thought it might give someone out there a good

 laugh, so thought I would share it.

When our first Christmas together rolled around

we had only been married not quite 2 months,

and being new to the Suzie homemaker thing,

I decided to make my new hubbies favorite

cake, "A Red Velvet Cake", and I found these

aluminum pans that were Christmas tree shaped,

 so decided to make it "A Green Velvet Cake", 

so since Red Velvet cake uses 2 bottles of 

Red food coloring, I used 2 bottles of green 

food coloring for my tree shaped extravaganza.

  I was so pleased that it turned out so well

after I frosted it with cream cheese frosting 

with black walnuts.  Since we were going

 to my Dad and Step-moms for Christmas

 dinner, as well as my other step siblings,

we were of course, taking the cake with us.

After dinner, it was time for dessert and 

I just knew my Dad would be so proud of

my cake (Being a chef and restaruant

owner).  Anyway, we were all sitting at

the table eating my cake and everyone

said how good it was, and I was feeling so

great that it came so well, then as we sat

talking and eating our cake, we all began

to notice each others lips..... they were

 turning green, and it got worse with each

 bite, now our lips, teeth and tongue were all

 green.......and we were all dying laughing

 and running to find a mirror to see what

we looked like, it was too funny......

and as it turned out it actually affected 

everyone's whole entire digestive system

 in a very green way and everything was 

coming out green, for a few days, if you

 get my drift.

So needless to say, Green Velvet Cake was

 never ever on my menu again!  lol

But it sure made for a good story and I

sure got a lot of laughs and ribbing about

it for sure..........


Very thankful we didn't have cell phone 

cameras and face book back then, cause

my family would have made sure

 to post it.  lol


Anyway, that's my story and I am 

sticking to it........


Hugs and New Years Eve Blessings,

Nellie


Sharing with:

Grammys Grid

Shabby Art Boutique

A Stroll thru Life

Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphis's Monday

Karins kottage

Shabby Art Boutique

April J Harris


11 comments:

  1. Such a cute story and funny for sure. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marty, and a Happy New Year to you too.
    Make sure not to eat any green velvet cake.........lol
    Hugs and Blessings,
    nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a story to remember for a lifetime of New Years, lol! I pray the LORD's blessings on us all this New Year! Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. What a great memory and fun story to remember. Happy New Year. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Hon,
    Yea, I don't know what made me think of it, as it has been years, but makes me laugh every time I envision it.......lol
    Happy New Years Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kris,
    Hope you and Terry had a lovely Christmas and will have a Very Blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOPS....
    The thanks hon, was for Susan my sister-in-law. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute and funny story, Nellie. Be sure to share it with Lil Darlin one of these days.

    Happy new year to you!!

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Patti for yoursweet comment and
    Thanks for the idea, don't know if I would have thought about telling her.
    Happy Sunday and Happy New year,
    Love and blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's hilarious! It took me a long time to realize that different food colorings have different properties--how well they hold their color when baked, how much it takes to upset digestion, etc. When I was in college, a friend who was both very weird and a good cook decided to make chocolate chip cookies for a party, and just to make them more interesting he stirred in enough food coloring to make the normally golden dough a beautiful shade of teal. Everyone loved the cookies. The following day he posted to our group's electronic discussion board a very embarrassed acknowledgment that blue/green food coloring will run right through you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Becca,
    Just now came across your comment. Yea, your friend discovered the same thing we did. Too funny. Thank goodness it at least didn't ruin the taste of our baked goods. lol
    My hubby reminded me that at the time my Dad said that green food coloring was like 5 times more saturated as red. I am surprised no one had teal lips, tongue and teeth. lol
    Thanks for coming by Becca and for your fun comments.
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Scripture Sunday

  Have a Joyfully Blessed Day! Hugs, Nellie Sharing with: Between Naps on the Porch