Friday, March 11, 2022

Thankful Thursday March 10, 2022, and The last of our Winter Decor for 2022


You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
 you, God, are my fortress,
 my God on whom I can rely.
Psalm 59:17 NIV


Greetings Sweet Friends,

Hope some of you might be feeling better today

about life if you read yesterdays post, at least

that is why I feel the Lord had me write it.....


Photos today are from our Winter Family room,

I have been saying I was gonna show you but

just never got around to taking pictures,  so

thought it is now or never, cause we are about

to go into spring............so the next time you

see our home it will look like Spring has

Sprung.......lol

Also a few pictures of some cakes thrown in...


Well, on with my Thankfuls......


#1

Thankful for a few hours with lil darling after

school,  then running errands, and out to 

dinner with hubby to Longhorn Steakhouse.


#2

Thankful to hear that the precious wife of our dear

Governor DeSantis is cancer free.  I have to say I am

not surprised cause she has had practically everyone

in Florida praying for her, I'm sure!! 







#3

Thankful that we got our porch chairs all washed

and cleaned up, they were looking pretty shabby.


#4

Thankful for a wonderful birthday party for lil darling

on Saturday.  They rented a bounce house with a

water slide and she and 11 of her lil buddies had a

really great time, and all the adults had a great time

conversing and eating as well, since the kiddle's

were all busy playing.  It was a sunny beautiful

day, about 83 degrees,  but there was plenty of

shade and it was cool in the shade,  so it made

for a lovely day for everyone.



Isn't her cake cute!


#5

Thankful that we finally got to meet and talk

to 4 people that we have heard about from

 lil darling, but had never met before, so that 

was really nice, and they were all very nice

 people.  So now we will know who she is 

talking about, and we met someone else

we hadn't heard about as well.  Always

enjoy meeting new people.


#6

Thankful that one of our friends daughter

who is about 13 wks pregnant, is so far,

doing okay, the baby is fine, but she had to go

 to the emergency room because she started

hemorrhaging, but PTL she is home and

doing better and has to be on bed rest and

 can not pick up anything over 10 pds.(and she

 has a toddler), and is considered a high risk

 pregnancy now, so she is coming to stay 

with her family for awhile, which was gonna

happen anyway, since her hubby is in the

 military and they are in the process of 

moving, (long story).



Our mantle was decorated like this for Christmas but decided to just
                      change it up a bit and use it thru the winter.  We have enjoyed it.


#7

Thankful for an answer to prayer about a situation

that could have been quite awkward and maybe

even a bit volatile, that turned out to be peaceful

and with no tension at all.  God is good!!



#8

Thankful for a great report on a little baby named

"Owen" that we, along with many in our church

have been praying about for months now. Back

 before Thanksgiving he was still in the NICU

 (intensive care) fighting for his life cause he had

breathing problems and other problems as well,

 and they were hoping he would get to come

 home on Thanksgiving, but were told that it 

wasn't likely, but God.... he actually did get to

 come home on Thanksgiving and he still had 

liver problems and was supposed to have

surgery in the New Year.  Anyway, all his liver 

function tests are now coming back that his liver

 is functioning normally, and also there was a

 cancer scare and they have now ruled that out,

 and he is just the most adorable lil guy with

 these big bright blue eyes. So sweet!






#9

Thankful my hubbies birthday cake came out so well. 

 I made him his favorite cake " Red Velvet" from  his

 Mom's recipe (from scratch) and it has been a

 lonnnng time since I have done that.  Now I 

remember why....it take a long time and makes

 a huge mess of the kitchen.  lol

But it does taste amazing!!

I have made boxed red velvet boxed cakes 

with cream cheese frosting, but he doesn't ever

 like them as much, but I haven't even made

 any kind of boxed cake in a long time, so

 I am definitely out of practice.  When it's just

 the 2 of you.......making a whole cake is just

 not practical unless we are having company. 

Usually if I am cooking a dinner for the whole

family, then I opt to buy a dessert since our 

grocery store has a wonderful bakery. 








#10

Thankful for my sweet hubby and that he had a 

few nice birthday celebrations. We like to drag

 them out for at least a few days, if we can do a

 birthday week, that is all the better!!  lol






#11

Thankful for some encouraging and kind

comments I rec'd this week, from random and 

unexpected people, concerning age related

 things, so since I am heading toward 70 yrs.

 the end of this month, they were a very sweet

 and pleasant surprise gift!   lol


#12

Thankful that Season 9 of "When calls the

Heart", just came out.  We love love love

this series, and have watched them all

over again many times.





Well, that's it for Cozy Place this week.


Thanks for coming by

and

Have a great rest of the week.




Love, Hugs, and

Early March Blessings,

Nellie


Sharing with:

Shabby Art Boutique

Southern House Designs

Between Naps on the Porch

                                                                        Create with Joy 



4 comments:

  1. #1. Wonderful times together make for wonderful memories!
    #2. Praise our Loving GOD! Thank you for the info on Casey! I have been praying everyday for her when I first found out!
    #3. Always something to clean, ha!
    #4. How wonderful! I'm sure all enjoyed their time together!
    #5. Great to meet new people.
    #6. The LORD bless her and her family. I pray the LORD's protection over them all.
    #7. Thank our Father GOD for His mercies and grace!
    #8. GOD is so good and merciful.
    #9. Yum, yum! I know you enjoyed it!
    #10. It is a wonderful time to share!
    #11. Amen! It's amazing my body may feel the age, but my brain can't believe the years!
    #12. I'm glad there are still things worth watching!
    Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that cake for Brooklyn's birthday is adorable. Those bounce houses are a big hit. Have a great weekend. We have out two grand girls this weekend so it is busy busy. Have a good weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooklyn's birthday cake is totally awesome! Sugar overload, of course, but SO stinkin' cute! Jim's cake looks mighty fantastic as well. Hey, at least they each got their own cake. In our family, Gary and I generally share a cake, as we are 2 days apart. And our son-in-law is 3 days before Gary, so we've had a cake for him. Who needs 3 cakes in 5 days?

    On When Calls the Heart, are you Team Lucas or Team Nathan? Gabrielle and I are Team Nathan....don't care much for Lucas at all. I've lost some interest in the show. I now watch for Lee and Rosemary...hoping they get a fun storyline this season.

    How great that you met some of Brooklyn's friends.
    As I read your list, the power of prayer shines forth brightly...

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome for the birthday card. I didn't know the exact date, but you said in this post that the end of the month you would be 70. So, I just put a card in the mail, to get there by the end of the month.

    Love ya,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday April 25, 2024, and unusually Beautiful photos..........

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort         2 C orinthians 1:3 NIV...