Thursday, November 16, 2023

Thankful Thursday November 16, 2023, and Modern Romantic Fall table from the past

 

This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live Deuteronomy 30:19 NIV


Greetings Sweet Peas,

Hi, hope this finds you having a good week,

ours has been good.....good and rainy!!  lol

and very gloomy, looks like Winter but it

is just a wee bit cooler is all. Hope you are

coming along well with your plans for 

Thanksgiving.......I am very happy that I have

gotten most of the things done on my before

the kids come list, so that we can just enjoy

the time and not have too much to do.

Praying that happens for you too!!


Pictures today are from a Fall Birthday Table

 from the Past but could also work as a Thanksgiving

table too.  I am still looking for ideas myself, but

starting to get it nailed down.  



                              So on with my Thankfuls


#1

Thankful for a new bag of "Caramel Vanilla"

coffee that my Daughter put me on to.....it

is good with just cream and sugar, but it is

especially good when you use caramel

creamer with it as well. Um Um!!


#2

Thankful that I got a # of things off my

before the kids come, Thanksgiving to do list today!!

Got the table settings all figured out now, and

most of the food shopping done.



#3
Thankful for a new book I am reading,
It is a childrens book,  I bought it to read
cause it is a book lil darling is reading
for school, so was missing a lot of her
book as she was reading it at school
as well,  so figured if I had my own
copy that would fix that problem and
make it where I could be more helpful
with questions and stuff she needed to
answer since I had the whole story.
It's actually a very good, cute and
funny book,  and I can see why she
likes it so much now...........


#4

Thankful we accomplished phase 2 of our

porch cleaning adventure.  We have a pretty

large porch, so we decided to try something

new this time, so we didn't have to lug every

thing on the porch outside.  We just put it all 

down on one end, and then pressure washed 

the other side.  So next time we will move it to

 the other end  and do the same.  Think we will 

need a phase 4 which will be putting all the

 stuff back in place.  lol

We saw on the weather that we are supposed

to get a lot of rain this next week!! Yikes




#5

Thankful for an impromptu invite from our

 new friends on Sat. evening, unfortunately we 

couldn't go, but it was sweet they asked and we

 will def get together soon, as we have hardly 

seen them since they had their new grandson, 

as they have really needed to help out a lot,

 and they are thrilled to be able to....


#6

Thankful for a good day at church and for 

our other young Pastor who brought the

message, and did a great job as always.

Also thankful for meeting 2 young men who 

are new to our church.....one was familiar and 

 said he has attended off and on over the years

and is a new believer growing in his faith.  He 

was so sweet,  they both seemed a bit nervous,

and the other one was younger, and knew I had

never seen him before, so welcomed him and 

introduced myself, he was quiet and didn't 

really know what to say but did respond when

I asked his name and seemed surprised by my 

greeting him, and I couldn't help but notice he

 had cut marks all up and down his arms, so I am 

very thankful  he came to our church as I have

heard that people who cut themselves are in a

great deal of emotional pain, so he is in the

 right place, and definitely seems to need

 someone to love on him a bit. I think we are

gonna see more and more young people

coming, as I have heard in other places that

the Lord seems to really be moving among

our young people especially Generation Z.




#7

Thankful we got to go out to lunch with our

 friends who called in #5, as our other friends 

could not go today, so it made it so we could go

 out to lunch together. We had a lovely time 

catching up. They are really great folks.


#8

Thankful for hot showers when you are

tired and achy, and how rejuvenating

they are........feel like a new woman!!




#9

Thankful for 2 sweet notes we rec'd from our new

friends we went to lunch with on Sunday.  He sent

one to hubby and she sent one to me. Never had

 that happen before, so thought it rather nice.


#10

Thankful we were able to finish phase 3 of

our porch cleaning. It has been raining every

day since we started, so we were able to get

out there Wed. and get her done before the rain

started.  So happy to have that finished.

Hopefully, we will finish phase 4 tomorrow.

Putting it all back together, and enjoying

the fruits of our labor!!  lol

Note:  Phase 4 done, porch looking great!

and thankful that our new plan of attack

worked out so well.





#11

Thankful that there were almost 300,000 

people who marched on our Capital on Wed.

against anti-Semitism, and our stand for Israel..

I would have never known about it if we did 

not watch our news on TBN or CBN.



#12

Thankful hubby had a good report from the

 dentist on his cleaning visit. Always so nice

 to get a good report from the Dr. or Dentist.




Well, that's it for Cozy Place this week

Hope you have a lovely week ahead!


Love, Hugs and 
mid November Blessings,
Nellie

Sharing with:

Between naps on the Porch

Penney's Passion

Shabby Art Boutique

With Between Naps on the Porch






1 comment:

  1. #1. Sounds delicious!
    #2. Yea, now less to do when the day comes!
    #3. Praise the LORD for her learning and enjoyment of it!
    #4. Praise the LORD for the return of sunshine!!!
    #5. Praise the LORD for our friends!
    #6. I've been praying for the LORD to bring a great revival to our country!
    #7. Another praise to our LORD for His Presence in our times of sharing with friends!
    #8. I like it especially for my feet! Ha!
    #9. Praise the LORD!
    #10. YEA! Hopefully it will be a while before it needs doing all over again!!!
    #11. Yes, praise GOD indeed! I've been praying for GOD's protection over Israel from Hamas!
    #12. Another praise to our LORD for His Love and protection over our bodies!
    Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday May 9, 2024, and pictures of a few changes we have made lately

“The LORD is my strength and my defense  ; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God,  and I will exa...