Thursday, May 2, 2024

Thankful Thursday, May 2, 2024, and Photos of things that are yellow and orange

 

From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised.

Psalm 113:3




Greetings Sweet Friends,

Welcome to May! 

We have been busy as beavers here today........ which has been just awesome as far as I am concerned......as it means we are back to our old selves after cyst removal and knee and arm injuries from falling........happy to report we are able to function almost like normal again!!  My knee is still a bit sensitive, as far as bumping it and that sort of thing. lol


So............how has your week been?? Have you been doing anything that has made you thankful or has anything or anyone done anything that has made you thankful,   

if so. . . . . .

 why not leave a comment and tell us, so we can be thankful along with you.





Pictures today are compliments of Unsplash 

and are of things that are yellow and orange!!  I have been sort of crushing on those colors for some reason. I have always been a fan of yellow but lately Orange has really been making me a happy girl too.


Thankfuls ahead. . . . . 


#1

Thankful for another good school day with lil darling,  she only has 3 more days of school and she will be done for the year.


#2

Thankful that we were able to get out there this morning and finish our bush cutting in one area of the front yard. Next will be mulching.....




#3

Thankful to see our first cardinal (male) hopping around in our backyard this morning. I love Cardinals and we typically have Cardinals here all the time, but this is the first one I have seen this year.  We usually have more of them in the Spring and Summer, but they are sorta late it coming this year, it seems anyway.


#4

Thankful for a Joyce Meyer devotional book "Called hearing from God each morning", that my sister-in-law gave me for Christmas. Am so enjoying it!




#5

Thankful hubby got his approval from his Cardiologist for his eye surgery in June. They did a new EKG and nothing has changed since the last one, which is always good to know.


#6

Thankful that hubby found this amazing cheesecake at Sam's yesterday. He was looking for some cookies we had gotten there last week, that were a Members Mark limited edition, and delicious and he couldn't find those but found they also made a "Lemon Blueberry" cheesecake. It is one scrumptious cheesecake, I have to say, and I am not necessarily a cheesecake lover!  lol




#7

Thankful that I found some curtains that I have been looking at for a few months now, and we finally ordered them, as I decided I wanted then as my Mother's day gift. I am hoping I love them in our family and dining room. as much as I love them in the pictures I have seen online.  Will see!!


#8 and 9

Thankful for more bush cutting we got done early this morning and especially Thankful for the fellas who provide yard debri disposal in our area, as we had lots of it today.


Had a phone just like this when

I was a kid.



#10

Thankful once again for that Revlon hair brush dryer from my daughter.  Since I have had time to use it more.....I love it even more, as I have super straight hair, with not a lot of body most of the time, so it helps that and makes it so quick to use.  It's definitely the gift that

keeps on giving!!  lol


#11

Thankful that the curtains I was talking about in #7, already arrived and we love them. Had to order some hooks to go with them tho, as they would be too short just putting them on the rod. but hubby and I both love them. So hopefully they will look good with the hooks too.




#12

Thankful that we rearranged the furniture in our family room today. I have been wanting to do that for awhile, so very happy about that, and we really like how it looks.  It's the first time since we got our new sofa and chairs  (almost a yr. and a half ago) to move things around, so we weren't sure how it would look, so,,,we were pleasantly surprised.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Well, that's it for Cozy Place today.


Thanks for coming by and hope we 
might have cheered up your day!!




Love, Hugs and
First of May Blessings,
Nellie

Sharing with:

Shabby Art Boutique

April J Harris

Between Naps on the Porch

A Stroll thru life

Karins Kottage





1 comment:

  1. #1. Wow, another school year near its end!!! Good for her!
    #2. Yes! I'm thankful for Steve! He cut mine back this passed week!
    #3. Yes! The birds are singing their praises to the LORD! I have had robins, blue jays!
    #4. I praise the LORD for His blessings on Joyce and her devotionals to us!
    #5. I am praying the LORD's blessings on his surgery! Praise Him for the blessing in correcting my eye with surgery!
    #6. Praise the LORD for all the delicious food He provides for us!!!
    #7. Great! What a nice blessing!
    #8 & #9. I'm thankful I have enough woods to dispose my clippings!
    #10. Wonderful!
    #11. Yea!!!
    #12. Mine have been in the same arrangement for years, ha!
    Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday May 16, 2024, and My DIY Mother's Day Table

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;  give thanks to him and praise his name.   Psalm 100:4  NIV Greetings Sweet Fr...