Saturday, August 4, 2012

Monday Manna




Afternoon  Sweet Friends,
and
How might you be this fine Monday???

I am over that stomach virus or whatever
it was, but just got up at 11:00, cause I
only slept 3 hrs. last night,  so went back
to bed about 8:30, so got another 21/2 
hours thankfully,  so feeling pretty good
now,  but gotta get busy,  so I will leave
you with this wonderful email I rec'd
from my friend in Tennessee.  Think it
will encourage you as it did me!



This is a great reminder of how God looks after us.

Something to think about.

Me: God, can I ask you a question?
God: Sure.
Me: Promise you won't get mad.
God: I promise.
Me: Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?
God: What do you mean?
Me: Well, I woke up late.
God: Yes.
Me: My car took forever to start.
God: Okay.
Me: At lunch they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait.
God: Huummm.
Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call.
God: All right.
Me: And on top of it all, when I got home I just wanted to soak my feet in my new foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today!
Why did you do that?
God: Let me see, the Death Angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.
Me: (humbled): Oh....
GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.
Me: Oh. (ashamed)
God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.
Me: (embarrassed): Okay....
God: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give false information, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.
Me: (softly) I see God.
God: Oh, and that foot massager,-- it had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.
Me: I'm sorry, God.
God: Don't be sorry. Just learn to trust me -- in all things, the good and the bad.
Me: I will trust you.
God: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your plan.
Me: I won't, God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.
God: You're welcome, my child.


 Have a great Monday and thanks so much for coming by,

Hugs and Blessings,
Nellie





1 comment:

  1. Hi Nellie, Wonderful post and great email your friend sent. I often try to think of the things the Lord has protected me from when things don't go as I hoped.
    So glad you saw Beck last week.
    Have a great day sweet friend.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday April 25, 2024, and unusually Beautiful photos..........

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort         2 C orinthians 1:3 NIV...