Saturday, May 16, 2015

Video - 7 steps to staying positive




Morning Sweet Friends,

Happy Sunday!!

How are you??


Received an email yesterday and just thought
 it was too good, not to share, so decided I would
share it with you.  Love getting these "Simple
truth" emails,  they are very inspirational.

This one is from a book called
"Attitude is Everything" 
and I really do agree with that...... not that I 
always have the right attitude, but I really
do desire to.................and bet you do too!

They share 7 steps to staying positive.
  So watch this video,  think you will 
really enjoy it.  Has nice music to it
as well...............

or copy and paste the address below:

http://www.simpletruths.com/inspirational-books/attitude-is-everything.html?utm_source=silverpop&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ecommerce&utm_content=05_16_15_ST_WK_ATIE_Movie_Active-No-Ebook&spMailingID=22566735&spUserID=Nzg3MTI1MTY3MzAS1&spJobID=561515733&spReportId=NTYxNTE1NzMzS0#FeaturedVideo

Then go down to where you see the video with 
a cute little dog on it.................




These were the first verses that came to mind as I was 
watching it, but I know there are plenty more that I 
could have used.
.

Rule # 1
Do not be anxious about anything, 
but in everything, by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 
And the peace of God, which transcends 
all understanding, will guard your 
hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philiphians 4:6&7

(This is my life verse, and it truly has
taught me not to worry so much, as
I was a born worrier, I memorized it
and starting quoting it when I felt
worried, thanks to the advice of a
dear friend, priceless advice)



Rule #2
give thanks in all circumstances, 
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

(This verse has really taught me how
to have a good attitude and it is thru
giving thanks even when we don't 
feel like it....when I do it, god always
seems to change my heart somehow)



Rule #3

 Do you not know that your body is a temple
 of the Holy Spirit, who is in you,
 whom you have received from God? 
You are not your own; 

 you were bought at a price
. Therefore honor God with your body.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20


(It is so important to take care of our-
selves spiritually, emotionally and 
physically,  as we have many who
count on us, and we are also an
ambassador for Christ where ever 
we go and whatever we do)



Rule #4

And do not forget to do good and to share 
with others, for with such sacrifices God
 is pleased.
Hebrews 13:16

(It is so easy for us to get self focused,
and many times if we do something nice
for someone else it will lift our spirits as
well.  It can be as simple as being nice
to a new girl in the check out line who
just had a person be nasty to her cause
she was taking so long, or sending some
one an ecard or card just saying you are
thinking about them and praying for them.
There are opportunities for us to do good
to people all around us,  if we are looking
for them.  I loved this quote I read on a
mug at a friends house years back.
It said, Lord, let me be the answer to
someone else's prayer!  Very exciting
when that happens!!



Rule #5
 Instead, speaking the truth in love,
 we will in all things grow up into him 
who is the Head, that is, Christ.
Ephesians 4:16

(Sometimes the most loving thing you can 
do is say NO, and when we say Yes, when
we really Know we shouldn't cause we are 
exhausted and really don't want to either,
 then we really aren't speaking the truth in
 love...and we are not pleasing the Lord 
when we are doing it for all the wrong
 reasons, trying to please others usually.
Remember God is looking at the
 motivation of our hearts, and we need
to ask ourselves why am I doing this??



Rule #6
 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
 but he who hates correction is stupid.
Proverbs 12:1

( I was shocked by that Stupid, but it really
does say that. We really shoot ourselves 
in the foot when we want hear others when
they are trying to help, course, we do have
to consider who the person is that is giving
out the info too, are they loving, helpful,
positive, and wise people??)

 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity,
 but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7

(Living a disciplined life is a very good thing,
I have found it makes life easier, not that I
am always disciplined as much as I should
be cause sometimes I am not, but God has
given us the power to be self disciplined,
it is our choice. So when we are off track
we can always choose to get back on track.)



Rule #7
Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, 
do not associate with one easily angered,
Proverbs 22:24


 Do not be misled:
 "Bad company corrupts good character." 
1 Corinthians 15:33


( I have seen and heard so many stories 
about people who were in the wrong place
at the wrong time with the wrong kind of
people, like the scripture above says, and
some people spend life in jail because of
the mistake of picking bad friends, and
even if you don't go to jail or get in big
trouble with the law, hanging out with
people who lie, gossip, complain and
are discontent and negative all the time,
 rubs off on us too, and sure doesn't make
 for a very good life.
 The friends we pick are everything.......
because we become like the people we
hang out with the most........we also need
to ask ourselves the question am I that
sort of friend to someone else? Now that
is a scary thought, huh?)


I remember hearing this quote some
years back by George Washington.

It is far better to be alone,
 than to be in bad company.


I have to say I think he was 
a very wise man!  
We will always come in contact with 
people who have those characteristics
I described but we don't have to make
them our best buddies, and we have
the ability to limit our time with them.

Well, as always this is way longer than
I planned for it to be.........but just had
all these thought coming to me, so 
figured I would put them down, cause
maybe somebody somewhere needed
to hear them!  lol


Added Note:  all verses are from 
the New International Version



Have a Sweet Sunday!

Hugs and Blessings,

5 comments:

  1. Great 7 tips Nellie, Ireally ejoyed the video. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thoughts and everyone was as good as the other. I also love you life verse. Do not be anxious about anything. God gives us what we need when we need it and I needed to hear your words today. Blessed you shared this at The Weekend Brew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nellie! I watched it and was inspired :)

    I like YOUR "rules", too! Have a Positively Productive and Joyful Week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Nellie. You knew just what I needed.

    #1. I've been so full of anxiety since CHM seems to have abandoned me. This morning during my Bible study, I ask the LORD to forgive my sin of worrying. Every time the thought comes up, I quickly refuse to think about it and claim the LORD's protection.
    #2. I'm thanking the LORD for His outcome, for He knows my entire life.
    #3. My life belongs to Christ and today I claimed His leadership for me. I realized I hadn't eaten in 36 hours. So, I started with waffles (blueberry) this morning and I have a spaghetti/cheese dish for lunch and dinner.
    #4. Alice does this! She just called and said she had made too much pasta salad and wondered if I wanted some!
    #5. I've been saying NO! every time the worry starts! I've been making more progress today! Praise the LORD!
    #6. I am so grateful the LORD is always there waiting for me!
    #7. Yes, I needed your thoughts greatly! Thank you, Nellie!
    Love you all, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Nellie. I needed your positive influence today. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie