Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Fun Changes to living room and Easter Egg tree....





















Morning Sweet Friends,

Hope you are having a good
 Tuesday, so far.

Mine hasn't been long since I slept
in till 9, sure feel much better.....as
I didn't get much sleep the night 
before.  Gonna try to work in my
computer room today and do some
much needed clutter busting....lol


Around the end of March we made
 some changes to our Living room,
which we are quite happy with.......
so thought I would show you that
and our Easter tree....so that will be
the last of the Easter things...




#1
 We happily got rid of a very old sofa,
which was actually part of a sectional
we used to have. It had and was....
 deteriorating from the sun that comes in 
the front windows, and that our late
 Molly kitty had unbeknowst to us clawed
 on the right back side, evidently during
 the Winter nights when she stayed in, so
 it had been covered up for quite awhile
 with a white bedspread and quilt.
 As you can see in the above photo.

We got rid of her because.........






#2
I actually happened on this cute lil
 love seat from world market and fell
 in love with it, and it's versatility, and
 the price was good, and got even better
 after they put in on sale.
So told hubby I would love it as a 
birthday present this year.....and the
rest is history and we have been
quite tickled with it.

I am not sure it is gonna stay in this
spot altho I do like it here but my
original intention was to Katy
Corner it......so will see....
 '





#3
I decided to change out our coffee 
table which was my hope chest
Remember..........






#4
Replaced it with the Parson table
 I used to have on the right hand 
corner next to the old sofa....
The table where I used to keep
all the family photos.....





#5
I added 2 lil chairs that were my
 son's when he was little, so now 
lil darling and I can sit here and
do puzzles, writing, tea parties
 or whatever.
This will be a welcome break
for Grammy's knees....lol






These chairs could use some paint, 
 but not sure what color or if I will
 paint them or not,  the contrast is
 kinda nice since we have the dark
 woodwork in this room......
and the knicks and dings add 
some character.....showing they
 were well loved like the skinned
 horse in the Velveteen Rabbit 
story. lol  Plus lil darling will
 only be using them a few more
 years.






The other things we love about this 
love seat is you can put one side down
 and make it a chaise lounge, and if
you put both sides down it becomes
a twin bed.......and it has a slip cover
as well....also all the pillows do too,
but they do need to be dry cleaned.
We don't sit in here a lot so that is
why I wasn't too worried about that,
but I probably would not have pur-
chased it if it was gonna be used
a ton, However, they do have other
 sofa covers you can purchase to
cover the white ones, but none of
them worked for us.
 I love lying here and looking
out the window and up at the
sky and tree. Great View.
Also a great place to sit and read
a book too........haven't done that
yet, but will be........




  1. Here is the view from the
  2. foyer area.

You can see the side here and the
frame, the sides very easily just
 pull up and drop down. 
Hubby and I both love versatile
 pieces like this. This love seat frame
 comes in black and gray wood.  
We got the gray as we thought it 
would look much better in our 
room, but for anyone with black 
and white, the black would 
look awesome.

Just so you know, I get no
compensation in any way for
any info here,  just telling you
about something we really like.





This is on the right side of the
 sofa. Just changed the table top
 accessories is all I did here.





and here is our Easter Tree..........

Had a topiary in it's place before but
once we made the Easter Tree had to
 find a place to put it.....and this was
 the perfect spot it seemed.




The first time I ever saw and Easter 
Tree was 45+ years ago when we
 lived in Germany. So think it is
a German Tradition, but it might
be a European tradition as well.




Believe it or not some of these eggs 
are actually 45+ years old, and came
from Germany. When we get them out
every Easter they are always a wonderful
 remembrance of the time we spent in
Germany when we were so young!  
I was 19 and hubby was 23.....
It was quite an adventure for us.... 


I will be showing you a few more 
changes to this room soon..........


Thanks for visiting with me, and
hope you will come again soon.

Have a really delightful week,

and 
enjoy Spring... as we are half way
to Summer..................






2 comments:

  1. Hi, Nellie.
    To everyone who reads your blog, it looks even better in person, ha! Very lovely! It was
    wonderful to see Scott and Sweetie Pie! Love you all, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that sweet plug, Susan

    Yea, we have gotten to see Scott every Wed. morning now that he brings Brooklyn, since Megan got the new job. Sure they were happy to see you too.

    Love, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie