Saturday, January 28, 2017

Sunday -Quotes to Ponder #10 - At times of Loss


























Happy Sunday
Sweet Friends,

Hope yall are doing well
this fine morning.....


Here's Todays Quote...............



“At least at times of loss, 
we are reminded of our priorities, 
of our many blessings. 
In times of gain, 
we can so often lose our way.” 



Isn't that the truth, we can all take
so much about our lives for granted,
and lose track of the things that are
really important in life......
Guess that is why the bible says:

It is better to go to a house of mourning 
than to go to a house of feasting, 
for death is the destiny of everyone; 
the living should take this to heart.
Ecclesiastes 7:2


I know everytime I have to go to a
funeral it causes me to think and
ponder about my life and priorities
 and definitely awakens me once
 again to all the blessings God has
 bestowed on me and also makes me
 so grateful that I know my eternal 
destination is Heaven one day.
I don't remember that every 
happening after a party or fun
 time.... as sweet as those are!


Happy Pondering!!


Love, Hugs, and
Restful Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Nellie.
    As a believer, I find it's easier to let go of a family member or friend when I know the LORD's salvation has that person present with Him. To be absent from the body is to be present with the LORD. And when the LORD took dad Home, I felt the relief knowing he was no longer in the pain and agony of the cancer that ravaged his body; as so the great dysfunction mom's stroke brought upon her which she never regained. I do humble myself in thanksgiving to our LORD for the abundant blessings He has bestowed upon me. If those circumstances should come upon me, I would turn to GOD's Word where He has promised, 2 Corinthians 12:9, "...My grace is sufficient for you..."
    I love you all, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,

    Absolutely, that is the way we felt too, with your parents and my family.......It is so much easier to know you are just saying Good Bye for a short time....until you will see them again. These are the times as a believer that you really understand in a much more profound way what a tremendous gift that Jesus gave to us in his Life, death and
    resurrection..........and also makes you realizes afresh and anew our purposes for being here on this earth to begin with, and how precious the gift of His word, the Bible is, as well as how precious family and friends really are.....

    Have a good day,
    Love, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Scripture Sunday

  Have a Lovely Spring Day! Hugs, Nellie