Friday, November 23, 2018

Thankful Thursday November 22, 2018, Fall golf cart tour 2018 #4


For everything God created is good, 
and nothing is to be rejected
 if it is received with thanksgiving,
 because it is consecrated by the 
word of God and prayer.
1 Timothy 4:4-5 NIV




Happy Day after Thanksgiving
Sweet Friends,


I trust you all had a wonderful time 
with family/and or friends.

We had a good time over here, but
we celebrated on Wednesday with a
nice dinner, and for a short time on 
Thursday morning, then came home 
and went to bed, as you will read
 later.....lol

Feeling better today, just tired but
think we are gonna rearrange the
family room furniture and maybe
put up our tree....will see how far
we get....lol

Pics today are of our Fall golf
cart tour of Charleston again.

So on with my post............
so we can start moving 
furniture....lol



#1
Thankful that the Lord gave me an
 idea for something I needed an answer 
for.....our Sunday School class is having 
an After Christmas party in Jan. and
 they are doing a talent show in which
they would like everyone to participate.
and we had no clue what we could do.
I mean we do have talents but they 
just aren't the singing, dancing, jug-
gling or variety show type!!  So after
racking my brain and coming up
with Nada, I decided to ask the
Lord what could we do and as soon
 as I prayed something came to mind
immediately that I haven't thought of
 in years, a very unique Christmas
story all of our own that happened
when we were still newlyweds that
we can share. It will be like a 
God wink story.....


#2
Thankful for cute jokes that make
 us laugh. I heard a few this week,  
but can only remember one and
will share it cause it is cute and
quick...

A lady was at the grocery store
in search of a Turkey,  and after
looking at Turkey after Turkey
 she asked one of the stock boys
 if the Turkeys got any larger, to
which he replied
 "No Mam, they are dead".  







#3
Thankful for meeting a visitor at
church who gave me a business
card with her devotional blog on it.
I have only had time to read a few,
but so far, so good,  so I subscribed.



#4
Thankful for a fun day with lil
darling on Tuesday this week,
with no schoolwork,  as she is
out of school this week.  So it
was like old times....






#5
Thankful for the fun of  making
2 new cards this week.



#6
Thankful that we get to celebrate 
Thanksgiving with Scott, Megan and 
Brooklyn on Wednesday, and they
are making breakfast for us on Thurs.
morning, since it is her families year,
for dinner....... just happy we get to
 celebrate with them.






#7
Thankful we got all our Thanks-
giving food shopping out of the
way early.


#8
Thankful that we found these
deep fried Butterball Turkey 
breasts at Sams.  They are already
 cooked and we just have to heat
 them. Works for me!!

Note: I wrote the above earlier in the
week, so actually they did not work
 for me or hubby, we really didn't
like them. Thought they were tough
 and hubby thought they tasted like
processed meat, but I am not a Turkey
lover to begin with, so it was dis-
appointing as we had heard
from a number of people how good
fried turkey is......but everything 
else was great!! but It will be back to 
my Party chicken dish next year!!  lol
Not complaining, just saying and
keeping it real...........






#9
Thankful for a great make ahead
gravy recipe I found years ago.
That was always the most stress-
ful part of the Thanksgiving meal
 for me,  was making that gravy 
at the last minute,  so this recipe
 made a huge difference on
 Thanksgiving for many
 years now.


#10
Thankful for Pecan Pie, one of
my all time favorites, I even
like to put some choc. chips on
top them microwave it so the
chocolate melts.  It is yum, yum
yummy like that!!





#11 and 12
Thankful for a good Thanks-
giving celebration with the family.
Thankful that it worked out better,
than if we had done it on Thursday
 as I woke up with a headache on 
Thanksgiving day, that just got
 worse as the day went on, so I
 wound up taking medication and
 going to bed for awhile, and was 
thankful that I woke up feeling 
some better but would not have felt
 like hosting anything for sure, and
 thankful we had all those leftovers 
from the night before.





Well, there you have it folks!!

Thanks for stopping by 

and

hope you have a great weekend.


No black Friday shopping here!!  lol


Belated Happy Thanksgiving,

Hugs, Nellie





Sharing with:

Oh My Heartsie Girl

Dwellings

Designthusiasm

Shabby Art Boutique

Life with Lorelai

Oh My Heartsie Girl








1 comment:

  1. #1. You'll have to let us know after the "show."
    #2. Sounds like the jokes Mark tells us in S.S., ha!
    #3. How wonderful!
    #4. I can't believe they now give them the entire week. But, it does give them time now for travel. Used to, many would not attend on Wednesdays due to having to travel.
    #5. Great! Betty C has some really unique 3-D cards she makes!
    #6. I surely enjoyed my time with them!
    #7. That really helps to not be in a hurry to get it done!
    #8. I liked it! In fact I just finished it today, ha!
    #9. It always helps to get some done early. The flavor gets through it too!
    #10. It is my favorite pie too!!!
    #11 & #12. I'm so thankful you are feeling better now, praise the LORD!
    Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday April 25, 2024, and unusually Beautiful photos..........

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort         2 C orinthians 1:3 NIV...