Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Fireplace gussied up for Fall




Hello Sweet Friends,

Hope you are having a good week so far.

Ours has been good, not a lot going on until
the end of the week,  so finally had time to
take and edit some pics to do a decorating
post for a change.

I did this decorating over a month ago,
but just getting around to showing you.
Thought I would show you the fireplace
today.  Decided to put up this Thomas
Kincaide look alike picture I have had 
for ages, but that brings me joy every
time I look at it.  



Hoping my home
in heaven looks like one of these
cottages with all the flowers....lol
Just so beautiful....





wanted to go with a fresh and
less is more look this time.





So began with the white ceramic pumpkins
cause they show up so nicely on the dark
mantle.  Then it needed something so I
added the fall berries. Colorful but not
overdone..........




Found the brass fruit plaques in the garage
as I was getting my Fall stuff out and
 decided to see if I might use those some
where.  Believe it or not they were a
wedding gift almost 49 yrs. ago, and
 I have always loved them, but I typi-
cally use them at christmas time.




 Since I am really enjoying the timed
candles every since hubby retired and
he got on this LED candle kick,
decided to just put them on a fall
colored plates with some berries,
then just added some copper mercury
glass candleholders...which I totally
forgot to light and they are so pretty
lit up.





Had to get on a chair to get a decent
picture of the picture as the picture light
is so bright,  it puts a glare on the picture
itself.  This looks pretty good tho but
only cause I stood on the chair.  lol












this is on the left side of the hearth.





and this is on the right....our
old fireplace tools.  I want to
replace them, but I can not find
anything I like....most are black
now, and I am not crazy about that.
So I just shined them up a bit
cause I only put them on the
hearth in the Fall and Winter.


Well, hope you are enjoying your
 Fall decor too, we have been!

Glad you could stop in,

Have a delightful rest of the week,

Love, Hugs and
End of October Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nellie,
    The fireplace mantel looks so pretty for fall. Love the picture of the cottages with all the flowers.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris,Hope this finds you having a nice Friday.......Good to have you come by and thanks for your sweet comments.

    Take care and have a good weekend,Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie