Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Easy Peasy Salmon recipe


Picture Compliments of Unsplash 



Morning Sweet Friends,

Hope this finds you doing well and enjoying Spring at your house.  We are well and enjoying Spring,, just been busy as beavers, organizing our bedroom, repairing the sprinklers, taking down our Easter decorations slowly as I replace the removed items with something that looks like Spring,  and working on our shop. I am really enjoying it.....Since I wasn't sure what to do first, so I have been doing a lil bit in each area every day for the last few days. This has kept it from being overwhelming or boring for me.  lol


So about that Salmon Recipe.....I got this from my Daughter and I have no idea where she got it, but I can tell you that I Do Not like Salmon, because it is too strong and fishy tasting for me, but it is clearly not the case with this recipe, cause I  Loved it, not as strong, and has NO fishy taste at all and best of all,  it is very easy to prepare and cooks perfectly. So last night was the first time I made it myself, and we were not disappointed, tasted just as good as hers, So wanted to record the recipe as we will definitely be doing this again!


Easy Peasy Salmon Recipe

Ingredients 

Salmon filets (make sure the skin is removed, that is

 key) ( how ever many you want) We got ours from our

 local Publix Supermarket Seafood department.


2 Tablespoons of Chicken Broth per filet 

I used the Swansons Chicken broth in the box.


1/2 Teaspoonful of minced or chopped garlic per filet

I used the jarred chopped type


Chopped Cilantro (As much or little as you would like)

I love Cilantro so I used a handful


 Teaspoonful of Butter for each filet


Aluminum foil (torn in however many pieces as filets

 that you are cooking - large enough to make packets to

 wrap each Salmon filet up completely so the marinade

 stays in and it's fully covered.)


Directions


Tear off all your Aluminum foil, then lay a filet on each one. (I rinsed my Salmon first, and put it in a strainer for a few minute for the water to run off.)  


Now.....to make the marinade

Combine all the ingredients that are left;

the chicken broth, garlic and cilantro in a small

bowl.  Then spoon the marinade over each filet,


then top each filet with a Teaspoonful of butter

and wrap each of your filets up


Now cook in preheated oven at 425 degrees

 for 10-12 Minutes.


Enjoy!!


I serve roasted Asparagus, and Green Pea

Salad with our Salmon. Green Pea Salad

is very easy to make as well.  I tried to

find a recipe like my Husband's Mother's

recipe, but all of them had more added

ingredients than hers.  So if you would

like the recipe, that you can whip together

in less than 5 mins. (other than boiling

some eggs to go in it), then email me at

NelliesCozyPlace@gmail.com.


Have a Great Day!


Hugs and Blessings,

Nellie


P.S.  In case you didn't notice....

Hubby found a way so that my followers

can once again Subscribe and be notified

 of each post. If you wish to subscribe

just go up to my right side bar and it

is right under where my picture is, in

the about me section. Thanks!! 😊


Sharing with:

A Stroll thru Life

Grammys Grid

Shabby Art Boutique

South House Designs

Pennys Passion

Grammy's Grid

Between Naps on the Porch

April J Harris

Create with Joy


3 comments:

  1. Salmon is so good for us. This looks really yummy. Happy Wednesday. Have a good week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris,
    Yes, it is and that is why I am so thrilled to find a recipe that makes me want to eat it. lol It really is great, the skin is what makes it so fishy, sans that it is milder with no fishy flavor. Thank heavens!!
    Hope you are having a good week hon,
    Blessings, Nellie
    and thanks for stopping by to say hello.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Just saw this on Grammy's Grid and love the idea of new recipe for salmon. We eat it a lot and I am always looking for something different! Thanks for sharing - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Scripture Sunday

  Have a Lovely Spring Day! Hugs, Nellie