Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Hand Crafted Card Making





Good Morning Sweet Friends,

Hope this finds you all well, and thinking about Easter, since it will be here before we know it. I am still in decorating mode, and hoping to be done with that in a few days, then it will be on to figuring out an Easter Dinner table.


I decided to do this post, since Grammy's Grid has a linky party going about hand made cards, and my Daughter has suggested I do a blog post on it, as she has a friend who makes jewelry and about every 6 mos. she does a post about how she got started, so I decided to take her advice and this opportunity.


I make handcrafted Greeting Cards (that you see in the header picture) using computer graphics, and graphics of my own. I design all the cards inside and outside, and since hubby retired almost 4 years ago, he built a website for us, called "Nellies Cozy Shop", so that folks can print there own low cost cards at home, and they can also do something called a flip card which is an electronic greeting card that you can send via phone, instant message on face book or thru email. They are just like a normal greeting card, rather than a one page ecard.



Click here to view flip card


I have been designing cards for probably about 17 years now and if you would like to read the story of how it got started, which was really not my idea.....cause I was terrified of the computer............Click Here!!

Go to the 2nd page to read how we got started.


Also, if you would like to check out our shop you can click here or just go to my right side bar and click on the picture.  We have Easter cards and cards for all holidays and occasions, and we are continually adding to our stock.


Also you can follow [Nellie's Cozy Shop] on facebook

and/or [nelliescozyshop] Instagram, if you so desire.


Thanks for reading about our divinely inspired hobby turned business Adventure.............


Love, Hugs, and

Happy Easter Blessings,

Nellie and Jim


Sharing with:

Grammy's Grid

A Stroll thru life

Karins Kottage

Between Naps on the Porch

Grammy's Grid

April J Harris

 Karins Kottage

Create With Joy




15 comments:

  1. Nellie, I love your cards! You are SO creative, and it is a joy to send one of your cards to someone. I had no idea about the flip card, and I am definitely going to use that option---since I don't have a color printer, I have to send to the print shop any card I want to send.

    Will follow on FB and Instagram too.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Patti,
    Thank you so much for your sweet encouragement. The flipcard is relatively new, my brillant techy hubby came up with that, since so many use their phones for everything these days.
    Actually when you buy a card you actually get a card and flipcard at the same time for the same price on most all cards, but the notecards, cause they are blank inside.
    Thanks for following us on FB and instagram as well. You are such a sweetie, we really appreciate it.
    Hope you are doing well. How is it going watching Audrey more days? Those cute lil sweeties can be quite tiring for us Grammy's. I was happy when Brooklyn was able to sit at a lil table and do stuff cause it was less getting up and down off the floor for me. lol
    Well, take care hon, and thanks again,
    Love and Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea, Patti....meant to tell you if you have any problems navigating anything on the site make sure you call us or write us, we are more than happy to help....

    Love, Nellie


    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty cards! Thanks so much for linking up at A Themed Linkup 103 for Handmade Cards. Pinned. Be sure to link up your shop and/or individual listings at our next What Do You Sell? linkup, it starts the 2nd Monday of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting again to say thanks so much for linking up at the Unlimited Link Party 74. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dee,
    Thank you for telling me about linking up my shop, I wouldn't have thought of that cause most linky parties don't let you. Also for telling me when it is.
    So have yall been okay with all the tornadoes, cause I heard they had some in Alabama. Hope all is well hon. Thanks for Pinning them as well.
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, Nellie, if you read the terms on my parties, most allow such not just the What Do You Sell? party :) My pleasure to pin. Lost of tornadoes lately but that's to be expected. So far all is good here at our home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Again Dee, Yea, I have never seen anyone else have a party asking what a blogger sold.
    I thought that very unique and nice because it's a great way to support each other if we are aware and have need of whatever the item or items is they sell.
    Glad to hear all is well at your house, yea, I was reading on Epoch news I think it was about how much the tornadoes have increased in the last few years, it was by a rather large number and yes it to be expected....
    Well, take care hon,
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, thanks so much for your sweet comment about my cards, somehow I overlooked that when I wrote you back........think it was because I hadn't slept all night..........too much caffiene, I rarely drink caffienated anything and hubby made me this coffee drink at 3 in the afternoon, and really didn't put much coffee in it at all, but I was like the energizer bunny
    for like 24 hrs........crazy. Got a lot done tho.........liked that part. ACtually it is 10 Pm and I just got up from a nap.........lol Thank goodness I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. lol cause I will certainly be catching up tonight and may sleep in tomorrow hopefully.lol
    Take care.....
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful Nellie. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You so much Kris,
    Appreciate your kind words of encouragement.
    They are a blessings to me.
    Hope you are having a good week. Can't believe it is Thursday already.
    How the time flys these days......
    Love and Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS Nellie! Your post is FEATURED at A Themed Linkup 104 for Healthy Recipes from the previous linkup for Handmade Cards. And, just to let you know, the What Do You Sell? party is open now if you haven't linked up yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dee,
    Thank you so much for featuring my post, I so appreciate that hon.
    Also thanks for letting me know about the What do you sell party too. Just finished linking up, my post and my shop. Finally.....it's been a bit crazy here the last few days. lol
    Thanks for being a blessing....
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for coming by and for your kind comments Joanne.
    Hope you have a Happy Easter......can't believe it's almost here.
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday April 25, 2024, and unusually Beautiful photos..........

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort         2 C orinthians 1:3 NIV...