Friday, July 24, 2026

Thankful Thursday July 23, 2026, and whimsical Summer floral displays

 




The grass withers and the flowers fall,
    but the word of our God endures forever.”

Isaiah 40:8 NIV


Happy Friday to you Sweet Friends,

I am a day late, but not a dollar short!!  lol

Hope this finds you well and still enjoying

your Summer. We had a good week with

some fun surprises, I will tell you about.


Pictures today are from Pixabay, they

are whimsical floral displays. If you

have read my blog long you know I love

things that are whimsical, so think you

will enjoy them as well.




Now on with my Thankfuls.....




#1

Thankful that hubby took our car into the dealership

where we originally bought our van years ago to have

it's normal servicing, and they did a great job, and

when he got the bill it was only $14.00  and he  of course, thought it was a mistake, so asked them

 about it and they said no, it's correct,  we just

 wanted to reward our long time customers. 

 What a lovely surprise and what a smart thing 

to do......definitely something that would have

 happened many years ago.

So what a lovely surprise!!




#2

Thankful to live in our neighborhood, 

 it is so peaceful and quiet and we have 

good neighbors as well.  Such a blessing!


#3

Thankful we got more work done down at

 Susan's. We all made lot of progress today, 

and they finished getting the old laminate

 floors taken up, next he has to get a floor 

stripping machine, as we all forgot that

 underneath the old laminate floors,

 (which had to be taken up) were the original

 floors in some places, that were like vinyl

or linoleum and they don't come up easy 

as he has discovered.  




#4

Thankful that my guys are such hard workers.

They amaze me at times.....Fun seeing them

work together too.


#5

Thankful that I had made cuban Ropa Veija,

so all I had to do was make the rice and

season the beans when we got home, an

it was a delicous meal, if I do say so

myself............lol




#6

Thankful that our church does live streaming

 so I can still feel a part of the church even

 tho, I am at home. I do whatever they are 

doing along with them. Singing, praying,

listening or even taking communion.

Course, I would rather be doing it there,

but that day will come, but for now it

is such a blessing.


#7

Thankful that the rest of the Insurance bills

 for the rehab center, finally came.  So they 

are paid in full.............so thankful for that,

and that it closes another door for this

 situation.  It is a long draw out thing,

and we are not done yet, but thankful

we are getting there one step at a time.

#8

Thankful that my sweet hubby surprised

me with flowers on Sunday. I love fresh

flowers....they were all white cause he

didn't think they had any other pretty colors

 that would go with my color scheme right

 now, and these were pretty  carnations and

 spider Mums. He knows his wife well.


#9 

Thankful for people who share their thoughts,

about things they have learned or tips and

tricks that are helpful, or spiritual incites,

or things they made or know how to to do,

 with me. It is such a good thing, as I have

 learned so much from others like that.

I have known some folks who are offended

by that for some reason, beats me as to why,

it is sort of like shooting yourself in the 

foot, when you choose not to hear others.

Cause it can save you a lot of problems,

hard work and heartache. I truly don't

think you have to learn everything 

the hard way!!


#10

Thankful our Daughter made it here safe and

sound and that we got to have our Daughter 

with us for a few days.  Time just goes by 

way too fast, but it is always a delight

and a blessing to have her here.


#11

Thankful that we also got some time with

lil darling and our Son, as they came over

and spent time with Dee, as well. 

We have seen our Son a lot, but have not

 seen lil darling in weeks, as she has

 definitely been enjoying her Summer

 with friends and family. 





#12

Thankful for the Hope of Heaven!! Because

we know Jesus, and we know that all that is

 wrong with this world will be righted when

 we go to Heaven.... not that I am in a hurry. lol

 I absolutely love everything about this song

Click here to hear it, or go to utube 

and type in "I've got Heaven on my mind."

It puts pure joy in my heart every time 

I hear it.  lol




Well, there you have it.....

For Cozy Place this week!


Special thanks for coming by.....


Have a Special Summer Weekend.



Love, Hugs and

End of July Blessings,

Nellie






No comments:

Post a Comment

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Scripture Sunday

  Father Knows Best!! Have a lovely Sunday, Hugs, Nellie