“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.”
Proverbs 3:5-6 Niv
Hello and Happy Friday Sweet Friends,
How are you today??
Hope you are doing really well.
Been a good week here, just did some catching up
on tiredness from Sat. - I do a lot then have to rest
up for a day or two.......but I am in good spirits, and
enjoying life.....and making progress every day.
Pictures today are based on my #1 Thankful
for this week. My way to bring a bit of a
New Summer look with a color I have
really been wanting to employ for awhile
now..........and it was a lovely surprise idea
totally unexpected. Also, pics of flowers
hubby got me last week. Have to say
it was hard to get good pictures of the
china hutches without getting myself
in the pictures. LOL
#1
Thankful that I was able to get my china hutches
cleaned and redone. They look so nice...and I had
fun with it. Last month when I had the dental
appt. that didn't happen, we had gone to TJ Maxx
and I happened on these disposable plastic plates
and salad plates that were white and royal blue,
and there was 25 of each of them, which you
couldn't buy that amount of paper goods for that
price. It was only $15.00, but I struggled with if
I should get them or not cause I havent been
doing too many tables lately, but because I have
been really loving this color for well over a year
now and they were so pretty, I just couldn't pass
them up, and thought I will use them eventually
for something. Once I got them home and took
the out of the package, you would not in any
way think they were plastic unless you picked
one up. They truly looked like ceramic plates.
So I stuck a few on the mantle and loved
them, and no one would be the wiser, if I had
not told you....So you are seeing the results,
what do you think?? I love it, was a was
an inexpensive way to bring that royal blue
in to my home without buying a bunch
of new things....
#2
Thankful for the creative ideas that the Lord
gives to us, that many times we think come
from us, but they really don't....lol
I realize that many times when I look back
on cards I have written and think I can't
believe I wrote that......and in those moments
I realize the Lord wrote that, using my mind
to think the words and my hands typing it,
and really, as I am writing this I realize it
is done just the same way he used his disciples
to write the Bible. How cool is that!!
The Lord never ceases to amaze me....
#3
Thankful that we got more work done
at Susans. Those floor are really giving
he and hubby a difficult time. they did
completely clear one area, and make a lil
progress in 2 other areas. unfortunately,
that floor scraper only worked in that
one area, but we are thankful that one
area is done, but he has 5 more to go,
and it has to be done with a scrapper
with a long handle.....hand scrapping
it...so hard work. If you feel so led
please pray for more progress, as time
is closing in for the guys to put in
the new floors.
#4
Thankful to have a fun time with lil darling,
working down there too. as we did painting.
She and I painted her room, baseboards
and trim, so it looks really nice and fresh.
She did a great job for her first time
painting and she loved doing it too. We
also painted part of the hallway. So we
are all making progress.
#5
Thankful that the Lord has been with me
and allowed me to be able to help as much
as I have, since I still have to be careful
with my back. I have to take at easy for
a few days after tho, but at least I am
able to do some helpful things. When we
were painting lil darling had to do most
of the lower areas to keep me from having
to bend over too much. She is so sweet
and helpful.............a treasure for sure.
#6
Thankful to know someone we loved that
passed away this week, is safe in the
arms of Jesus. He was a dearly loved
man, and he was the Dad of our lunch
buddies, he just recently turned 104 yrs.
old, he was a WW2 Veteran and a Pastor.
Simply a delightful and loving man who
loved Jesus and lived like it.....He will
be sorely missed for sure. We are sad
but so glad we know where he is.......
#7
Thankful for pictures from Key West
where I lived for years in the Summer
and my last year of High School, but
left there a year after we were married.
My parents were divorced so I spent the
school year with my Mom and the Summers
with my Dad and his parents for most of
my life.
#8
Thankful that our Daughter and Son-in-love
were so sweet to look up places like my
Grandparents house, which looks very
different now, and the Diner/restaurant
that my Grandparents and Dad owned
for over 40 yrs. - It is a Key West land
mark, and the neon sign is still there saying
"Shorty's", it was named after my Grand-
father. They also looked up the 2 story
old Conch home we lived in most of my
years there, it looks the same as far as
the outside, very well kept and beautiful
as always, but the trees are giant now,
and think they added some other trees
and shrubs as well, and they are huge
too. It was lovely and I know they
completely redid the inside years ago,
would love to see it, but they got so many
nice pictures for me, so I have been having
lovely flash backs, they also looked up too,
where hubby and I spent our 1st year of
marriage. We so appreciate their doing
that, it was def a trip down memory lane
for me.
Thanks so much Dee and Jerry!!
So appreciate and love that you took
all those pics and sent them to us.
#9
Thankful that wrapping some gifts, led to
me cleaning up my wrapping storage area.
Got rid of some things and it just looks
so much nicer and neater now. Yay!!
Another place decluttered.
#10
Thankful for a good dental visit and
a good report on everything. Love
my lady Dentist, and her all lady
staff, they are all so sweet, helpful
and friendly.
#11
Thankful we got to go out to dinner
at Outback Steakhouse, as it has been
over a month since we have been out,
So it was really nice to get out and it
was delicious. Such a treat!!
#12
Thankful my friend with the esophagus
problem is out of the hospital as of Wed.
She took a fall on Sat nite and broke 3 ribs
and had some blood clots as well. She is
on blood thinners and pain meds, and is
in good spirits and They are happy to
be home, and she was doing so well
before this...........feel so badly for her.
Hoping this is her last trip to the hospital!!
Well, that's all for this week at Cozy Place.
Glad you could stop by, and
Have a lovely week ahead.
Love, Hugs, and end of July Blessings,
Nellie








No comments:
Post a Comment
Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie