Monday, September 26, 2016

Things you might like to include when styling a coffee table - Fall 2016




Hello Sweet Friends,

What cha' been up to lately??
Working hard?  or hardly working??

Since it was like playing for me,
as I was doing my Fall decorating,
 I have been working hard this past
week and Mon. as I am in my sense
 of accomplishment mode now....lol
As all play and no work can make
me a lazy girl..........lol
 Monday is typically a cleaning day
anyway, as I need to catch up from
the weekend.  I would imagine it
is the same at your house too!!
Am I right???
We can never get accused of 
working too hard on a Sunday,
we take that day of rest passage
quite seriously at our house!! lol

Thought I would show you how
our coffee table came out and
give you some ideas of things
you might like to include when
styling a coffee table and
why..................






Adding natural elements to fit the season
are always great and just sorta brings
the outdoors........in.....

Also adding something of sentimental
value is always nice and can also be
a point of conversation if need be.


This fluted bowl belonged to my Mom, 
and it was the one thing she most wanted
 me to have, when she passed away.
My parents were divorced when I was
3 yrs. old, and my Dad had won it for
her at the fair......so guess she thought
it would be something that would 
remind me of them together, as I have
no recollection of them every living
together.





The bowl is made from what they call
 carnival glass, and it is really beautiful.
Should have taken a pic of the underside. 
 If you turn it over it has embossed lilies
 on it,  so pretty.  It doesn't go with any
thing in my house normally,  but it is
perfect for this time of year,  and very
 special to me when I get to use it!

I have used it for fruit, candy, potpourri 
and this year pine cones.




Flowers always add color and
a fresh look whether they are
real or faux, and you can choose
them according to season and color.

This year I decided to use the copper 
mercury glass pieces we found a few
years ago for a song..............

They are 3 candle lanterns - l large
and 2 small.  They had wire holders
like a paint can, but I took them
off.....as they were aluminum
colored, and I thought they looked
tacky, probably the reason no one
had purchased them and  why we
 got such a deal..........lol

I love the look of copper.....
especially this time of year.

I heard that there were gonna be
some earth tone colors trending
next year, yet that copper was
going out.........that doesn't make
any sense to me, as copper is
perfect with earth tones.
Course, I really don't worry 
about trends....I decorate to
please myself and my family.
As long as we love it who
cares...............





Don't you just love mercury glass??
No matter the color, 
 love it especially as candle holders.
 I think it is just so beautiful............
and it is always nice to have some 
candlelight on your coffee table.






This book, called "Give Thanks"
always  winds up coming out every 
Fall, and I usually reread it.......
Haven't as of yet....but will soon....
maybe with lil darling, she seemed to 
love the pics last year.
 It was a gift from a dear friend, and is
 just such a nice cheery book. It was
written by a lady named
Karla Dornacher.






I think it is always nice to keep a book 
or some magazines on your coffee table,
so if you have a visitor and in the event
 that you might get called away to the 
door, phone or whatever,  then there is 
something for them to look at rather 
than just twiddle there thumbs.







Also a great idea to keep coasters
 on your coffee table as well, 
especially if it is wood, that way
when guests are given a beverage
of any kind, they aren't wondering
what to do with it or if they are 
gonna damage the table top.







Did you notice I changed up the throw
 from it being folded to just sort of thrown
 on the sofa,  I think it look more homey 
like that...........and isn't that the look
we all want....homey and cozy......
yet pretty.............




To me, pine cones are perfect
for this time of year thru the
Winter Season...........so I use
them a lot..........






I know,  I know.......
This has nothing to do with the 
coffee table but just thought I 
would throw it in as an easy idea.
This pillow is just a plain cream
 colored pillow, but I had this pretty
 lil dish towel a friend gave me
 some years back, so I just draped
 it over the pillow and got......
a whole new look in seconds.
Works for me............lol


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hope you enjoyed your time here,
and
so happy you could visit today.

Also, If you are as concerned 
about our country as I am....
I thought I would tell you about
an opportunity to pray for 3l
days for our country along with
others that care as well.
Just click below to get more
information..............
Focus on the Family or type in
https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=8nvsfofrjeh12#502047535


Have a really delightful week,
and
Keep your light shining brightly!





Love, Hugs and last week of

September Blessings,
Nellie


8 comments:

  1. Love your coffee table, and that dish towel pillow is adorable!
    I also like how you use your mom's dish. It is very pretty and very appropriate to the season. I don't have much from my mom, but I like to have the pieces scattered around here and there, in season and out, because it makes me happy.


    And isn't that what it's all about (decorating)? :D
    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nellie,

    Your coffee table turned out very pretty. I love the natural touches.

    Since I work all week, the weekends are for cleaning and grocery shopping. Sometimes if we are lucky, we get to rest on a Sunday. How special that you get to decorate with a piece that belonged to your beloved mother. Truly special.

    Wishing you a wonderful week.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love natural elements in the home for fall. Lovely coffee table

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy,
    Thank you for coming by, and nice to meet you here in blogland.
    Also thanks for for your sweet comments.
    and yes, I think you are so right about the reason for decorating, it is about what
    makes each of us comfortable and happy in our own home with our own unique style.
    I love that, and it is a lot of fun to see each person's own style....

    Have a great rest of the week,
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Janet,
    So nice you could stop in and also leave your kind comments. Oh, I remember those days of
    working and doing weekend cleaning and laundry, such fun, but like you say nice when you
    can rest on Sunday........

    Happy Fall to you, and hope you have a great rest of the week.

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol,
    So glad you stopped by and guess we have something in common with the natural elements.
    Think there are lots of us........the search for them is lots of fun, I think.....you
    never know what you will discover....
    Also thanks for your warm comments.

    Happy Fall..........
    and have a wonderful rest of the week,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been working and playing. :) All work and no play makes for a dreary day! :) I love decorating so for me it kind of is play. But I worked hard on Sat. painting under the eaves of the she shed. Love the wonderful gifts nature has to offer this time of year. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Jann,
    Yes, i have working and playing and both can be fun.....and I agree, all work and no play
    does makes for a dreary day. There is something about creating beauty that just winds my
    clock.....bet most of us ladies that like decorating feel that way...........lol

    So you are painting the shed.....that means the must be done then. I will have to come
    by and see if there are any pics up yet. Painting under the eaves is hard work for sure.

    You have a great week hon, and thanks for hosting at sYC....
    Blessings. Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...