Friday, December 30, 2011

Welcome to Thankful Thursday - December 29, 2011 and pictures of the Holyland Experience outside

All pics of lights and scenes from the Holyland Experience
in Orlando, Florida compliments of lil o me!!  lol


Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
 worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.
psalm 29:2



Good Evening Sweet Friends,

How are you???  Still celebrating
the Christmas season??? 

Have to say we are.....especially
since hubby is off.  His being off
at Christmas time for almost 2 weeks
 has always been a tradition at our 
house,something the whole family 
looked forward to. When the kids were
still home and in school,  he was
 usually off the whole time they were,
 which made it such a fun time. We
would always watch lots of Christmas
movies, and Sometimes go out to Steak
 and shake or somewhere around 10 or 
11:00 P.M., just cause we could,since
we had no schedules to keep,
and just for the fun of it.
Our kids loved that...........course,
so did I cause I am a nite owl.  lol

Yesterday hubby and I went to the
Holy Land experience in Orlando.

So our
#1
I am thankful 
is that Scott, Megan, Dee and Jerry had given
 us tickets for Mother and Fathers day this year,
and that we saved them till Christmas,
 cause we knew it would be cooler weather
 and decorated for Christmas. It was way more 
crowded than we anticipated, unfortunately,
 so we didn't get to see all the shows they 
had, but we enjoyed it ....it was a nice day,
cause it was only 65 degrees, and gorgeous.

It has changed some since we were there
last, some of the changes were good,
and some not so good.  Some things
don't look as authentic as it did the
first time we went.  It is well,  how shall
I say it....more glamorized and glitzed.
Can you just imagine the disciples with
really bright colors, sequins and shiny
 metallic fabrics!!  Enough said!!

All these pics were taken in their parking lot


#2
I am thankful
that we heard a guest speaker/evangelist
 they had and people were very moved by
 him, it was like a Billy Graham meeting, but 
on a much smaller scale, but it was great to
 see so many responding to his invitation,
 so we felt great about that!



#3
I am thankful
that we didn't run into one rude person,
all day, so that says a lot.............lol
That made it a really lovely day out.


This was just one of their many nativities, sorry it didn't
turn out better, but I did get it looking better than it did.


#4
I am thankful
that we found out upon entering the
park that you could drive thru there
after the park closed to see the
christmas lights.
We were disappointed that the park
closed at 6 PM cause that meant we
wouldn't get to enjoy the lights. They
leave the gates open for people to drive
 thru from 7-ll PM., 
 What a nice gift to their community!


The Bethlehem Innkeeper


#5
I am thankful
we were in an area so we could go looking 
around for awhile and then have dinner at
 Olive Garden and go back to see the 
Christmas lights,
They were wonderful!
and we so enjoyed them.

The 3 wisemen,  sorry it's so blurry.

#6 
I am thankful
for an Olive Garden gift card our
neighbor had given us months back,
which made our whole day free............
Can't beat that!!





#7
I am thankful
for just being able to rest and relax
and kick back for a few days as well.






#8
I am thankful
for every lovely and sweet gift I got
 for Christmas.




I have to say this lil donkey reminded me of donkey in the 
Shrek movie, I loved that character!  So cute!



#9
I am thankful
for the gifts we were able to purchase
and give this year,  cause at this time last
 year we were still in layoff mode.  lol
So what a joy that was..........








#10
I am thankful
that being at the Holyland was a constant
 reminder about Jesus and who He is and what
 He stands for.........and I am so glad we have
the priviledge of celebrating His birthday
and this wonderful season of the year.



This nativity scene on the wall was done with lights
and nothing else, can you see all the lambs below it!
click to blow up the picture, if you want or any of them!




#11
I am thankful
that a dear lady that goes to our church,
that fell a few weeks ago, breaking her
hip and leg, and jamming her arm, is
coming along so well....we saw her at the
 rehab hospital right before Christmas
 and she was up and walking so well,
with a walker still,  but the progress
was amazing,  and she just has best
attitude I have ever seen.  We went
to encourage her, and came out more
encouraged by her!!
such a sweetie............




This is inside the park taken thru the fence!  lol



#12
I am thankful
  she feels so loved and cared for, because
so many have rallied around her, and she
has had so many visitors, as she is a widow
and has no children or family that lives here.
she said everyone at the hospital and
rehab hospital keep asking her, what church
 do you go to anyway,  we have never seen
anyone have so many visitors......
Think she could be the main reason......




This is inside the park too, see the pretty
fountain in the foreground.

#13
I am thankful
that is such a good testimony for our
church family,  and maybe some might
decide to visit our church because of it.



Well, that wraps it up for this week.
Hope you are feeling thankful as well.


Thanks for stopping by, and I am
thankful for all the sweet comments
 you leave.


Love, Hugs,
and New Years Blessings.
Nellie




Hopefully next week I can show you
some pictures inside Holyland Experience. 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet note! Going to sleep with a huge smile after all that sweet love!!! The HolyLand looks FANTASTIC! I hadn't ever heard of it! Anything that is of the likes to a Billy Graham conference has to be unbelievable! {But believable...you know what I mean!} Crossing my fingers you show me the inside, too! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. what wonderful photos.. the lighted trees are just amazing.
    Love your grateful list.. I spent Christmas Day making mine and giving thanks..

    Happy New Year~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift - to enjoy the day together in this way! Thanks for the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1. I'm thankful for your sharing of the pictures you took.
    #2. Praise our LORD that there are still people open to His message of salvation.
    #3. I'm thankful there was no one rude. That would almost be like someone being rude in church!
    #4. I'm sure their decorations were beautiful.
    #5. Was the restaurant on the park grounds?
    #6. It's always great when you have a gift card to eat out even more so when your visiting theme parks!
    #7. I have found relaxation to be GRRRREAT!
    #8. ME TOO! I love my Magic Bullet! I have already ground coffee, made blueberry muffins, it's too cold to make my smoothies!
    #9. I'm going to be in that budget starting this year (retirement does have some hold backs) But, I wouldn't trade back, ha!
    #10. Experiencing our GOD in this life is so great. I can't even imagine what He has for us in the next!
    #11. I am so glad she is progressing well. She was in my Bible Study group. I hope she will be well enought to attend in January.
    #12. It is wonderful to have so many friends around us in times of joy and times of need. It makes me wonder how many of GOD's Angels are around us like this all of the time!
    #14. Matt. 5:16 "Even so let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in Heaven."
    I love you all so much,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty lights! I know it was fun...too bad about the not so good changes!!

    Happy New Year, Nellie! I think it's gonna be good,and look forward to all God has in store!!

    Also looking forward to fun time spent with you!! I'll be calling tomorrow to see when we can connect!!

    Love you bunches!! Missing you, too!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photos are wonderful! Have a blessed 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nellie, How nice to have your husband on vacation for two weeks at Christmas! I enjoyed the Holyland experience as well as your tablescape for Christmas from the prior post. Those gloves holding the silver are just adorable!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nellie

    Your photos are beautiful. I was not aware that they had Holyland Park. It looks like something that I would like to visit but since I am in Oregon thank you for sharing this wonderful place.

    Blessings & Love
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie