Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tablescape Thursday - Winter picnic table for a Guy's birthday




Greetings Sweet Friends,

How are you this fine day??

I just finished packing all my Christmas stuff away,
next to get it to the garage and put it away in it's
respective places. Looking forward to finishing
that task.  Home is looking pretty sad and empty,
course, a few days will cure that problem,  I hope!! 

  Depends on how well my creative
juices are flowing...............lol.... you laugh........
cause you know just what I mean by that!!

Thought I would post our table from my new
son-in-love's birthday.  I think it is good for folks
to know that you can always have a pretty table
no matter what the ocassion or if you have great
dinnerware.  Since Jerry loves picnic type food,
decided to make it easy and simple, and do a
picnic type table, but with a manish winter theme.
Since I still had my Christmas decorations up,
this was what I came up with..............


I always use dark reds, blue's and greens
during the Winter Season anyhow, so this
 would go with that as well.............

I used a tan tablecloth,  with a plaid tablecloth
 as a runner.........


same pic just with a posterized affect!


Shot of the wreath,  see the lil raspberry looking things
from my Thankful Thursday post last week.


These are hefty plates and cups,  with cloth napkins
 and regular flatware.


another shot of the wreath......


This time posterized,  my fav.........................course, I am
starting to find some other favs too!!




A look down the table from the other end.
Don't know if you recognize the cranberry
candleholders I made the first part of December.
They were on my kitchen table.  Well,  I am
happy to report that the cranberries held up
all season,  and I just threw them out yesterday,
and they still looked great.

If you would like to take a peek
just click here.




I did a pocket fold napkin to hold the flatware.












 With cut out affect!



I wound up putting another ribbon on the other side,
but never took a picture of it.



As you can see the pillar candles burned
down quite well.................


A just for the fun of it shot!









Will finish out with some pictures with different affects
just for fun..........................
This has a Colored pencil affect!


This is underpainting and watercolor affect!



This is a gradient map affect



this is with underpainting, paint daubs and equalized affects.



and this is underpainting and paint daubs only.






I almost forgot to show you the beautiful cake his new wife, 
 made him.  Didn' t Dee do a great job!
I was so proud of her,  she just whipped it 
together like it was nothing,  just a natural....lol




This is probably the first time or 2nd time
she has made a cake,  it is a funfetti cake
and it was as delicious as it looks.........




Hope you enjoyed your visit...............


Got my Christmas stuff out to the garage
 as I was downloading pictures,  so now
 just waiting on hubby so we can put it
 away for another year.  Yay!!


Hope you have a pleasant 
and relaxing evening.


I am linking up to Susan over 
at Between Naps on the Porch, 
  so  if you want to see more fun
 tablescapes. Just click here.











Glad you dropped by,  and look
 forward to hearing from you.........


Hugs and Blessings,
Nellie

7 comments:

  1. Very nice! I bet he was thrilled you went to so much effort for him. I love the plaid linens and the cute flatware pocket you created. The plate on the diagonal look great, too. Glad you found another use for the remains of your holiday decoration! Those cranberries sure did last a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nellie, I am finally here for a visit. I am feeling a little ill tonight so think I may be coming down with something. I think exhaustion has taken its toll. We had a wonderful Christmas season and time in Rhode Island with Laura and the boys. It was so nice there and it is so nice to be home too. A month is just too long to be gone. Then it takes two weeks to get back to normal with the jet lag and resettling into the house and getting everything done. But one day at a time I am getting there. Got the hair done today so one more thing to check off. Tomorrow I have jury duty so we'll see how that goes.

    Looks like your son-in-love has gotten himself a dandy mother-in-love. Happy birthday to Jerry and Dee did a bang up job on her second cake! Sweet.

    Have missed chatting...I have just been trying to figure out how to fit it all in. I have kind of lost my mojo on blogging but it will come back...hopefully. I will always love you guys and Susie no matter what. My true and faithful friends...thank you. Love, Bon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy cake! I love the way you take time to make special tablescapes. It makes it so much more special.
    I like the day after taking down the Christmas stuff. It looks so clean and fresh.
    xoxo
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so cute! Love your napkin folds! Your daughter in-law's cake turned out perfect! Your cranberry candles are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're ahead of me! I have all our Christmas things down in the basement on the hockey table waiting for me to put away in boxes! I love the plaid runner. Very pretty! And nice cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keeps stacks of the Solo products in a cabinet...you never know when the time will be right to put them to work. You did a great job with your birthday table. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great party table...and very guy-friendly! The cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy St. Patrick's Day

  Happy St. Patrick's Day Sweet Friends Have a Lovely Day, Hugs, Nellie