Saturday, October 14, 2017

Scripture Sunday - Seeking






Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, 
and he will give you everything you need.
Luke 12:31
New Living translation


There are a number of ways this is written in 
different versions of the bible, but I thought
 this was the clearest as to the truth of what
 it really means.  Notice it doesn't say every-
thing you want, it says everything you need,
and the Lord knows our every need....
and many times he gives us our wants
 as well...........



Have a Blessed Sunday,

1 comment:

  1. There is definitely a difference in needs and wants. John 14:13-14 shares, "And I will do whatever you ask in My Name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask Me for anything in My Name, and I will do it." This promise was so important, Jesus repeated it to His disciples. If we read in context, it was speaking about our helping others in His Name. The commentary shares, "...we must remember, according to GOD's character and will. GOD WILL NOT grant requests contrary to His nature or His will. We can't use His Name for selfish desires." John 15:16 further shares, "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you to bear fruit that will last, THEN the Father will give you whatever you ask in My Name. This is My command: Love one another." Another thing too, is GOD's timing is not our timing. It may be years before He answers a prayer (we may have long forgotten about!) I take each day as it comes and give Him the glory for His promises, protection, and provisions. He has so abundantly blessed me all my life that I have all I NEED! And, I am content with His leading, guiding, and directing me for His purposes! Love you all, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...