Sunday, June 10, 2018

Scripture Sunday








Happy Sunday Sweet Friends,


Here's the verse for today.
Think this is a  good verse to add
to our prayers.




O Righteous God,
who searches minds and hearts,
bring to an end the violence
 of the wicked
and make the righteous secure.
Proverbs 7:9 NIV



Thought it interesting that the verse
 above was out of my NIV Bible, 
but when I went to
 Biblestudytools.com 
the verse below was what their
NIV showed, I liked my version
better, but added both just in case
you looked it up, and might think
 I had the wrong version. Guess
they have changed the wording
of the NIV....I have noticed that
 quite a number of times now
when I have look things up online.
Have to say that is a bit disturbing
to me....Reading the bible online
might seem easier, but think it
might be prudent to check it out
 with our real Bibles, just to be
on the safe side.



Bring to an end the violence of the wicked 
and make the righteous secure— 
you, the righteous God who probes 

4 comments:

  1. I have found that many English words are not truly interrupted correctly from the Hebrew (Old Testament) or Greek (New Testament) it was originally written in. Our language has so many synonyms that each synonym can make the text somewhat different in context. My blog this Sunday has an example of that. In some cases with all the synonyms the English language has, there still is no word in our language for a Hebrew or Greek word, therefore leaving the translator to pick the "closest" word in our language to explain it. What a miracle it was at Pentecost when each person heard the message in his own language. It seems more of a miracle in the hearing than the speaking! Love you, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that my newly-purchased NIV Bible is sometimes different from my old one. On a Scripture memory site I use (Scripture Typer), they list NIV, and NIV84. So, that is probably the difference. The current NIV is what is one the website, while your NIV is the 84 translation.

    I just returned from Florida. Was there for my mother-in-law's funeral. I will probably go down in a month or so to help my sister-in-law go through Mom's things. I will get in touch with you if I do.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patti,
    Thanks for coming by and explaining that.....Hubby had said that he thought it was just a newer translation but I felt like they should have differeniated that in some way.
    Never heard of the NIV84, that makes sense and of course, shows that their is a difference
    and why....
    Glad yall got to go for the funeral....been praying for you and your family during this
    difficult time. Would be nice to see you Patti, so please do give us a call. Let me know
    once you decide when you are coming so I can at least have an idea of when it would be...
    It would be great to see you or even talk to you....

    Have a lovely rest of the week.
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great verse. I don't usually use an online version since I have several different translations in our house. I do find that the different versions can make you really think about what is actually being said. Thanks for sharing this week at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Happy Monday..............Free Greeting cards

                                                                                      Happy Monday Sweet Friends, Hope you are off to a grea...