Thursday, June 25, 2009

Welcome to Thankful Thursday June 25, 2009

Hello Dear Friends..............
~
And Welcome to Thankful Thursday!
~
Hope your morning is going well and that you
had a good nights sleep and your are as peaceful as these doves,
unfortunately, I didn't sleep but I did get a lot of blogging done, and I am
as peaceful as these doves even tho I have not heard from my son
since early Monday morning. It is 3:32 a.m.
and I am having fun, so what else is there to say
Except God is at work!! and I am so thankful He is
and thankful for your prayers.
~
Today I just want to say how incredibly Thankful I am for
anything to do with nature because it makes me
so aware of God's Presence all around me.
~
Psalm 19:11 says,
"The heavens declare the glory of the God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
and
Job 12:7-10 says,
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
or the birds of the air, and they will tell you;
or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish of the sea inform you.
Which of these does not know that the hand
of the Lord has done this?
In his hand is the life of every creature
and the breath of all mankind."
~~~
~~~
In fact, the last time it was cool enough to sit
on my porch I was inspired to write a poem,
that only happens on rare occasion but usually
it is nature that inspires it.
So thought I would share it with you.
~
Displays of His Glory


His presence is in the breeze
that rustles the leaves on the trees.




His presence is in the sky so blue
we can't help but know that it's true.



It is in the sweet song of a dainty bird
that He can make himself be heard.




It is in the delicate beauty of a flower
we get just a glimpse of His great power.




He shows His majesty in the greatness of a mountain
and in His waterfalls and geyser fountains.




He shows his grace in the beauty of a swan on the lake
and His oceans show His power all for our sake.



The pristine untouched beauty of snow in winter
causes us know that He is at the center.




The inescapable loveliness of a field of Phlox
causes us to take Him out of our small box.




His presence is in the tranquility of the forest
the subtle sounds seem like a heavenly chorus.




His presence is even in the dry desert of desolation
yet even there, we can be reached with His consolation.



God is Everywhere, and this we know
because our hearts and His love letter tell us so.

~~~

Thanks for stopping in,
Hope you have a truly blessed Day!

Hugs & Blessings,
Nellie


Sharing with:

Oh My Heartsie Girl


5 comments:

  1. Good morning, Nellie!! This is a lovely poem and so are the photos you chose to go along with it. I see God everywhere I look in nature, and it just delights my soul!!

    He is such a great and mighty God!!
    Hope you have a blessed day and that you accomplish all you need to!!
    Love ya,
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty photos. i'm sure your son will check in soon. probably with some new stories to tell too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie,
    You found the perfect photos to illustrate your poem. Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your poem and the photos too. I like to write poetry too, it is usually people that inspire mine. Scott will call, he is good! I am trying to be like a normal blogger and not write a book today. Have a wonderful Friday!

    Sorry to delete my comment above but I am trying not to leave typos on people's blogs. It seems I see them best once published! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...