Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fall is gone, Christmas is coming, and have a Wonderful Sunday!


*
Hello Sweet Friends,
*
Hope you all had a delightful Thanksgiving Celebration!
*
Our's was very good........it was only the 5 of us,  but it
was great.  GoodFood,  Good Conversation, Good Game
of Scattergories,  and a Good Movie to Kick off the
Christmas Season!!
*
I realized after it was all over that as usual I forgot to
take any pics.  I did take a few of the table beforehand
as usual,  and one of my daughter and Grandaughter
dog Rosie! So Cute!
*


*
The pretty green goblets were Wedding Presents
39 years ago!  I still love them as much as the day
I got them.
*
Didn't use my new dishes cause by the time I made up
my "Cotton Picking Mind" (as my Mom used to say)
and we went and got another set of the Shabby Chic
dishes it was too much extra stress to unpack them
and do all that needed to be done, so decided on
less stress and more enjoyment and peace.
*
Soon I will be unpacking the Christmas dishes anyway,
so I will look forward to my new dishes in the new year. 
We will have to have a " Grand Opening Celebration"
in their honor,  I already had a friend offer to help us
break them in!  lol
*


*
The candles and the lil pumpkin in my centerpiece
(Which you see in the first picture above)
were from my Goodie Basket from Miss Becky
over at Holiday in the Sun earlier this Fall.
They looked so nice on the table,  so Thanks
Becky, you lil sweetie you!
*
The place cards are recycled for years now!
Occasionally I have to make a few new ones
for other guests who come for Thanksgiving!
This year it was just the family, and quite
nice I might add.
*

*
and here is my lil scripture verse card I made for
each place setting.  Different verses on each
which we read at dinner.
*
And last but surely not least is my lovely daughter
and grandaughter dog!
*

*
I am so mad at myself for forgetting to take more pics.
I actually wanted to get my sister-in-law to take a family
pic of the 4 of us to put in my Christmas letter that I am
emailing to folks I don't see all year. I think I need a few
good doses of Gingko bilboa or whatever that is,
would probably forget to take it anyway!!  lol
*
Day after Thanksgiving,  No Shopping for Us,
we stay home and start taking down the Fall stuff,
and putting up the Christmas decorations.
Well.............we did get the Fall decorations down
and packed up and back in the attic,  but we
didn't quite make it to the Christmas stuff yet,
Hubby wasn't into it today, and wanted to go
to Home Depot instead,  so that's what we did.
we are getting them out of the attic tho in a few
minutes so I can work on it Monday!
*
My House looks sooooooooo sad without
all the Fall Decorations.
*
*
So bare and unfrilled!
*

*
But soon it will be glad again,
clothed and frilled again,
full of fun and frivolity and
Christmas Music and Christmas Joy!
*
Oh, How I love decorating for Christmas
and listening to Christmas Music!
*
It makes my heart Glad, and brings
me such Joy!
*
There is nothing like the Christmas Season,
it has a Special Essence all it's Own!
I think it is the fragrance of Christ being
poured out all over the place by the Holy Spirit!
*
People seem happier this time of year,  and
friendlier, and nicer don't you think!  Now I
am not saying there aren't any "Bah Humbuggers"
out there because of course, there are!
But I just notice there are more Cheery Folks
than the latter, people are more helpful, more
talkative, more courteous,  at least that is what
I notice...........and I absolutely Love it!
*
So Merry Christmas Everyone Everywhere,
This the Season to be Jolly........
cause we know that Jesus is the Real Reason
for the Season! (to coin an old  phrase)
*
Enjoy ever moment of the Wonder of it All,
*
Love, blessings and hugs,
Nellie
*
Oh Yea,  and the verse for today is in
Luke 1:30-35
*
"But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary,
you have found favor with God.  You will be with
child and give birth to a son, and you are to give
him the name Jesus.  He will be great and will be
called the Son of the Most High.  The Lord God
will give him the throne of his father David, and
he will reign over the house of Jacob forever;
his kingdom will never end." 
"How will this be," Mary asked the angel,"
since I am a virgin?"  the angel answered,
the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the
power of the Most High will overshadow you.
So the holy one to be born will be called the
Son of God.

5 comments:

  1. You know I forgot to take pictures of our Thanksgiving too! And when I did, the main meal was already over with, lol. We had a small group too at my parents house, 7 of us. but it was perfect. I took down my fall stuff today and put out all my Christmas stuff including the tree. but the tree isn't decorated yet. i'll finish that tomorrow. i ran out of steam tonight, lol! I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure by now you have most of your Christmas decorations up and the house looks beautiful! Great table! Your daughter is very pretty! I did the same thing with a new comforter set and sheets I ordered for my son's room. They came on Friday and I just didn't have the energy to even open the boxes. I put them in the guest room and they're still sitting there. We have the tree up and I'm going to do a bit more decorating today. Not too much this year since hubby will be gone and we just finally got our house back to normal after all the construction. We are having the whole family over for Christmas Day so I will have some things done. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie ~

    Enjoyed your post as usual. Thanks for sharing that you decided on "less stress and more enjoyment and peace."
    You GO GIRL!
    It's taken me many years to learn to stop pushing and enjoy. And I'm still not good at it!=)
    Glad that your Thanksgiving was sweet and fulfilling. And it's always uplifting to stop and give THANKS.

    Thankful for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures you did take are really sweet. I know what you mean though, I meant to take a lot more photos over the Thanksgiving holiday but life kind of took first priority. We just relaxed and played and unplugged for a few days and it was great.

    My Dad use to say "cotton picking " all the time. I guess it's a little racist now by some standards, but I still like it because it reminds me of my childhood and things Dad use to say. And I know he did not mean it in a racist way.

    I am glad you will be decorating...I'll enjoy it vicariously. I may post a few of my photos from last year. Leaving for Italy on the 12th and am beyond excited to see our sweet kids. It has been just three moths short of 2 years since we saw them.

    Have peace-filled Christmas!

    Love, B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nellie, your home is beautiful and I can tell you are an awful lot like me! I love to set a beautiful table and decorate and all of that...but the older I get the harder it seems to be to do all those things that are swirling around in my head. I'm doing "simple" this year...at least more simple than in years past. With 4 grandchildren I don't want to miss the joy times with them because of being busy and stressed out! I've also been sick...finally go the the dr. today and got some amazing meds that are helping. Take care and get well soon!

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...