Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day


Good Morning Sweet folks,
Sorry I wanted to put a Patriotic Picture, but couldn't find anything to
download, so the red flowers was the best I could do.



It is a very overcast Saturday Morning here, glad today is not the day we celebrate Memorial
Day course, it might look like this on Monday as well.............since it has been raining for over
a week now. Course, don't hear me complaining, our water table is low and this is good, real
good. Just being a Florida girl we are not used to going this long without the sun !!


My son just left to go to a picnic for his sunday school class and it looks like it is gonna pour
any minute, but what he doesn't know is it is a feigned Memorial day picnic and a going away
party for him as he is leaving on his hiking trip soon. We are going over to the park about
11:30 as well so we can all surprise him. I think they know how much he needs to know he is
loved ........as his last 6 months have been pretty awful, his wife of almost 5 years decided all
of a sudden Thanksgiving weekend to take a hike herself, but it wasn't to the Appalachian
Trail, it was out of his life. He is devastated and that is why he has been living here with us.


Hope he will be totally surprised and uplifted by all those that care about him, there are many,
many people that dearly love him, but a shock like this can make you feel like the most unloveable human of all. As concerned as we are about this hiking trip to the Appalachians,
we are praying that it will be cathartic for him, and maybe give him some distance from it all,
and help him to sort out the direction the Lord has for him now. He is feeling rather lost I think.



As a Mom it has been hard to watch, gut wrenching at times.......because there is nothing you
can do to stop the pain. At a certain point I realized I was grieving too, the loss of my relation-
ship with my daughter-in-law, also the anger I felt towards her, and the changes all this has brought for him and for all of us really. I know once again, why God says he hates divorce........course, I have known all along cause I am a product of a divorced home, and it
was the last thing I expected to happen to one of my children.



Well, hope this finds you all well and happy.


*************************


I pray you have a very Blessed Memorial Day, and if you didn't read my blog yesterday,

it is about Memorial day, so you might want to give it a look.


*************************


And if you have lost a loved one in the military, you have my deepest condolences and appreciation, it is because of their willingness to give their very lives that I can enjoy the
wonderful freedoms we have in America, so God bless you and your loved ones who serve
in our military. I have the utmost respect for our Service men and women. My own
Dad was in the Navy, as was my father-in-law who served in WWII, my uncle and my
husband were in the AirForce, and my 2 brothers were both in the Marines,
and served in the Viet Nam war.



***************************



And May God Continue to Bless America!!



***************************


Love and Blessings,

Nellie

4 comments:

  1. Nellie, I am so sorry to hear of your son's wife leaving him. This is such a hard things for all involved~no one wants to watch their child's heart break. But as you say, there isn't anything you can do to change it. Just love and support as you are doing~bless his heart and yours for being a good mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped by today after I read about you being a new blogger over on Becky's blog. I have enjoyed my visit her and I am sure I will be back.

    I will be in prayer for your son and your family as he goes through this hard time. Divorce is so hard on everyone involved and he is so lucky to have supportive parents.

    God is so Good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gal,
    My heart does go out to your son. So much heartache like this in the world today and it's so grievous. I'm praying for him, his trip, and peace of mind for you.

    Hope your day is awesome!!
    Love ya,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I am behind, I don't know yet how that picnic turned out for your son. I will pray for him too. I hope the trip is a good one for him, just like you are hoping too. My husband is a Vietnam Veteran. He was in the army. And he was surprised and how visiting the cemetery on Sunday affected him. He was choked up and got teary eyed. Of course I did too. It was our first visit there.

    ReplyDelete

Special thanks to all who take the time to leave comments..........They are very encouraging and very appreciated. I enjoy every one of them so much!!
May the Lord Bless You!!
Nellie

Thankful Thursday March 28, 2024, and Easter Decorating for 2024

  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resu...